PDA

View Full Version : "Peace and Justice" protest organizer justifies violence against capitalists

Grimnir Wotansvolk
10-24-2008, 07:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cpx-hx6okbU

This video starts off decently enough, and then takes a weird turn when this awful woman is asked about her views on a smashed Macy's window

"I personally can tell you that I didn't and probably (probably?!) wouldn't smash the Macy's window. But, I'm not gonna condemn the person who did it."

-"Why?"

"I don't know what's going to come of this...I think that there's a good argument that capitalism is a problem."

*applause*

An audience member then asks, "what about the people who make their living?", is then shushed and laughed at.

Towards the end, she even seems to imply that the window smashing is only condemned due to being an implicit attack on capitalism.

The fact that a person like this could assume a leadership role in any movement is embarrassing, as she shows absolutely ZERO argumentative skills in the "points" she makes, instead just throwing out random nonsequiturs.
---------------------
:mad:

I know that I've always talked up the need to network with the far left, but between shit like this, and the radical theocratic trojan horses standing to our right, it often feels as if there isn't anyone out there to trust but Paul himself.