PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Paul's call for support of Roscoe Bartlett

inibo
10-24-2008, 06:47 PM
In may e-mail today

Dear Friend:

I am writing to ask for your support for my friend, Congressman Roscoe Bartlett. Congressman Bartlett has a true passion for freedom and liberty.

We must return members of Congress who "get it." Congressman Bartlett gets it. He came to Congress because he thought the government was too big and takes too much. He has voted to make government smaller and reduce the tax burden. Roscoe has distinguished himself because he still believes that the government is too big and takes too much. And, if he I were joined by another 217 members of like mind, we would indeed have a smaller less burdensome government.

Congressman Bartlett not only carries a copy of the Constitution with him every day, he lives by it. No other Congressman co-sponsors more of of my bills then Roscoe. He is one of two Congressman with the courage to sponsor my legislation to amend the house rules to ensure that members have a reasonable amount of time to read legislation that will be voted on. He is one of four who have joined me in proposing to abolish personal income, estate, and gift taxes and prohibit the United States Government from engaging in business in competition with its citizens. And, Roscoe Bartlett voted with me twice against the Bailout - twice.

Congressman Bartlett believes in the American people, not the federal government. Many times, when I am looking up at the voting board, Congressman Bartlett is one of the few voting like me to stop government taking.

I hope you will join me in supporting Congressman Bartlet in any way you feel comfortable, and most importantly, get the polls and vote for him on November 4th.

In Liberty,

Ron Paul

I disagree with Roscoe Bartlett on the war in Iraq, but I hate to say that's not as critical an issue as it once was for me (even though I still think it should end yesterday). On other critical liberty issues Bartlett is very strong. Even though he is not my ideal I have to agree that he is on the whole the type of person we need to keep pushing things in the right direction. Dr. Paul's endorsement sort of seals it for me.

Confirmation No.: 279780
Contribution To: Bartlett for Congress
Contribution Date: 10/24/2008
Amount: $100.00

Anyone else in Maryland care to step up? Even a small bump in fundraising after an appeal by Dr. Paul, is the kind of thing that makes politicians sit up and take notice. So in a way it's really more a contribution to Dr. Paul's influence and credibility in congress than a contribution to a particular candidate.