PDA

View Full Version : why did she lie? poll about "b" carving volunteer

ghengis86
10-24-2008, 12:31 PM
So why'd she do it? Speculate at will, conspiracy theories always welcome, sound reason appreciated.

(i don't know if i did this poll thing correctly...)

MsDoodahs
10-24-2008, 12:36 PM
She is mentally unstable.

Peoples_Front_of_Paul
10-24-2008, 12:39 PM
Other: She's from Pittsburgh. Enough said.

DISCLAIMER: My apologies to any board members from Pittsburgh. But based upon the dozen times that I have visited there, this incident does not shock me. :cool:

Ogren
10-24-2008, 12:39 PM

This

Truth Warrior
10-24-2008, 12:42 PM
Just pathetically chasing her 15 minutes of fame. :( :rolleyes:

Kotin
10-24-2008, 12:42 PM
Who cares?

Austin
10-24-2008, 12:45 PM
I saw attention whore and immediately checked/submitted.

dannno
10-24-2008, 12:47 PM
How does this benefit Obama unless she meant to get caught?

Do the people who voted "Obama plant" think that she wanted to get caught so it would make McCain supporters like herself look like liars?

tggroo7
10-24-2008, 12:50 PM
I saw attention whore and immediately checked/submitted.

ditto

dannno
10-24-2008, 12:52 PM
Would people change their mind and consider that she was McCain plant if they knew that she was kicked out of her Ron Paul meetup? I dunno if she was, I'm just speculating..

FindLiberty
10-24-2008, 01:00 PM
Troubled, possible CIA wind-up toy patsy that malfunctioned?

I do really feel sorry for her and hope she gets her act back together. The MSM interviews are not going to help her get well right away.

Paging Dr. Phil*

*(that former electrician on TV that promotes new text-messaging-while-driving laws. What's next to be banned in our overprotective, one size fits all society?)

tonesforjonesbones
10-24-2008, 01:02 PM
I haven't a clue. She's young. Maybe she's hoping for a book/movie deal. I saw that Hollywood is clamering to figure out how to use Palin. They say talk show like Okra. tones

fr33domfightr
10-24-2008, 01:04 PM

I agree. She's also one of those crazy gung ho McCain/neocon supporters.

FF

kombayn
10-24-2008, 03:07 PM
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Joe & Attention Whore were both plants for McCain. Just paid outside the campaign so they don't have to list what they paid money on. The timing of these events are interesting. Anyways, McCain is about to get smoked in this election. I suspect by 9pm EST that the election will be called for Obama in a landslide.

brandon
10-24-2008, 03:09 PM
Other - Mental Illness

wizardwatson
10-24-2008, 03:12 PM
Other - Story is true but CIA made her say she was making it up. CIA is now controlled by Obama faction. :D

ShowMeLiberty
10-24-2008, 03:24 PM

This.

Anyone trying this hard to get attention has some serious emotional issues.

wizardwatson
10-24-2008, 03:28 PM
Here's a gem from the Huff Post article on this Ashley Todd business (article here (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/10/24/mccain-supporter-who-clai_n_137484.html)).

From the comments:

(Posted 05:23 PM on 10/24/2008) As an African American I am so sick of people who are lying about attacks always saying a Blak man did it. Who pushed your car with the kids in there into the lake? A tall Black guy. Who attacked you and carved a B into your face? A tall Black guy.

This just goes to show you this country is so divided. Between the mob rallies, what Palin/McCain are saying and this its just to much ugly to take. But the flip side is that being part of the Obama campign and seeing all races, ages and economic backgrounds coming together to create change has made me feel a connection to people that honestly wasn't there before.

I hope main stream media picks up on this.

And someone wrote this follow-up to the above comment:

(Posted 05:32 PM on 10/24/2008) As a white guy, I apologize. But like you wrote, look at all the people coming together.

Gotta love that liberal white guilt. HA! Of course I'm a racist if I point out that many whites 'are' voting for Obama just so they can appease their own guilt about how 'society' supposedly treats blacks and minorities.

"As a white guy, I apologize"? Nothing happened to the black commenter, but the white commenter feels he has to apologize to him...priceless.

Anyway, I need to go vomit now.

amy31416
10-24-2008, 03:50 PM
Other: She's from Pittsburgh. Enough said.

DISCLAIMER: My apologies to any board members from Pittsburgh. But based upon the dozen times that I have visited there, this incident does not shock me. :cool:

She's actually from Texas. No offense to our many good Texans here, but you have some crazy bitches coming out of that state.

P.S. Other: she's mentally unstable.

wizardwatson
10-24-2008, 04:05 PM
Other - Story is true but CIA made her say she was making it up. CIA is now controlled by Obama faction. :D

Now I'm even more convinced this was a CIA hit job.

McCain Volunteer who perpetrated hoax is former Ron Paul Supporter (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=164718)

Those bastards. :D

Swmorgan77
10-24-2008, 05:44 PM
So why'd she do it? Speculate at will, conspiracy theories always welcome, sound reason appreciated.

(i don't know if i did this poll thing correctly...)

Sound reason often leads to conspiracy as the explanation...

Zera
10-24-2008, 06:05 PM
Wanted to paint Obama supporters as big black dudes who hate McCain supporters and are willing to do bodily harm to them for disagreements about politics.

And what do you know? It worked! Just look on the first page of the other thread.

Just sad.

Aratus
10-25-2008, 07:54 AM
she got recruited. she did this as a political operative. she has "joe the plumber" envy!!!

torchbearer
10-25-2008, 08:11 AM
She did work for the RNC in new york.
Makes sense now.

AdamT
10-25-2008, 08:14 AM
MCCAIN CAMP TIED TO PA. ATTACK HOAX (http://rawstory.com/news/2008/Reporter_Attack_hoax_story_first_leaked_1024.html)

Kludge
10-25-2008, 08:20 AM
Because when she was three years of age, her mother didn't get her an...

ULTRA COOL "GOTTA-HAVE-IT" TRANSFORMER!

http://www.mchenrycountyblog.com/uploaded_images/Transformer-Bumblebee-768992.jpg

rpfan2008
10-25-2008, 08:21 AM
Obama plant.

torchbearer
10-25-2008, 08:24 AM
Obama plant.

then she's been a plant for a long time. she worked for the rnc.

Mini-Me
10-25-2008, 08:42 AM
Would people change their mind and consider that she was McCain plant if they knew that she was kicked out of her Ron Paul meetup? I dunno if she was, I'm just speculating..

I voted that she's just an attention whore (and a dangerous one too, being willing to incite racial tensions just to get attention). I seriously doubt that she's a plant for the McCain campaign, because if that was the case, the gambit would have been planned and implemented much more convincingly. If the idea was to successfully hoodwink the country into believing the incident actually happened, an organized effort would not have gambled on red scratch marks and makeup and the hope that nobody would consider her refusing medical treatment to be suspicious. The idea that she's an Obama plant lines up much better with the fact that she was quickly caught out. After all, people who judge others collectively will now associate that kind of desperation with McCain supporters, and I imagine the McCain campaign itself appears desperate and opportunistic now after having latched onto the incident for political purposes. However, the fatal flaw with the idea that she's an Obama plant is that no girl in her right mind would purposely do something like this with the intention of getting caught. She will be remembered as the girl who cried 'B,' and her bad reputation will follow her forever. Unless she was secretly bankrolled enough money to last her for the rest of her life, the only plausible explanation is, "She has issues." The "Joe the Plumber" option is pretty much the same thing as the "attention whore" option, so...yeah.

Aratus
10-25-2008, 08:47 AM
Mini-Me has a point. the episode has a level of sophistication well past
sarah palin and john mccain, and seems to be an episode not unlike
the guerrilla marketing gambits in that nearly everyone touched by this
is hit with some of the fallout from the same. evidently the RNC hires
a texas gal who had been feverishly for ron paul. she works for the RNC
and then enters a vast mind-numbing mccain phonebank as an ordinary drelb.
right now if she don't have 50 grand in terms of bail money, her "fame" earns
her a stint behind bars. on the surface, she seems not to gain from this...

Mini-Me
10-25-2008, 08:58 AM
Wanted to paint Obama supporters as big black dudes who hate McCain supporters and are willing to do bodily harm to them for disagreements about politics.

And what do you know? It worked! Just look on the first page of the other thread.

Just sad.

Good point...I mentioned in my other post that she's an attention whore with issues, and it's dangerous considering she was willing to incite racial tensions for the attention (an assessment I stand by)...but looking at it from another perspective, she not only wanted attention, she specifically wanted to incite that particular reaction for political reasons. Even though her stunt was too inept to have been organized by the McCain campaign or anyone other than herself alone, it was still an attempt to do exactly as you said.

constituent
10-25-2008, 10:44 AM
lol, i missed this story.

damn.

Sandra
10-25-2008, 11:06 AM
The communications director of the Pennsylvania had a lot of info about the attack before details were made public. Two TV stations are saying the official campaign gave THEM the details. Drudge was sent a report as well. I imagine Druge will be giving more info as well.