PDA

View Full Version : Meetup Competition Results Announced!!

TheEvilDetector
09-06-2007, 11:33 PM
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/meetup/finalstandings

Thank you to every Meetup group that participated for making the competition a great fundraising success!

Two groups finished first and second in both prize categories (Total Dollars Raised and Average Dollars Raised per Member). As a result, we have decided to award both groups the grand prize of a visit from Dr. Paul. We will be in touch with the leaders of these groups shortly to begin discussion organizing their events.

The winners of the Grand Prize are:

Meetup #25, Greater Philadelphia Ron Paul Presidential Campaign, and
Meetup #50, Manhattan+ Ron Paul Action Group NYC

Three Meetup groups finished in places 3 - 5 in both prize categories. We are awarding these three groups the first place prize of a conference call with Dr. Paul.

The winners of the First Place Prize are:

Meetup #94, The Greater Chicago Ron Paul 2008 Meetup Group,
Meetup #6, Ron Paul for President - HQNH, and
Meetup #59, The Irvine Ron Paul 2008 Meetup Group

Finally, three Meetup groups raised significantly more money that we expected for groups of their size. We would like to recognize these groups formally here on our website.

Honorable Mentions:
Meetup #700, The South-central Minnesota Ron Paul 2008 Meetup Group and
Meetup #149, Spokane for Ron Paul 2008

PS. Didnt realise there was a post about this 2.5 hours ago. Lol sorry for duplicate.

FSP-Rebel
09-06-2007, 11:34 PM
OK, any $$$$ totals?

disinter
09-06-2007, 11:38 PM
Yea, why won't they release the amount raised?

Must not have been very good...

FSP-Rebel
09-06-2007, 11:44 PM
Yea, why won't they release the amount raised?

Must not have been very good...
Oh shit, ya had to go there...

disinter
09-06-2007, 11:45 PM
Oh shit, ya had to go there...

Why else?

FSP-Rebel
09-06-2007, 11:48 PM
Why else?
I'm hoping someone can answer this and calm my fears.

disinter
09-06-2007, 11:51 PM
I'm hoping someone can answer this and calm my fears.

The only thing I can think of (in the positive realm) is that they are being very tight with numbers so the enemy doesn't know where they are at. What makes me question that theory, though, is that they released the $100k amount raised in Highland Park...

d'anconia
09-06-2007, 11:54 PM
The only thing I can think of (in the positive realm) is that they are being very tight with numbers so the enemy doesn't know where they are at. What makes me question that theory, though, is that they released the $100k amount raised in Highland Park...

That's good then because these guys all donated more... awesome.

DjLoTi
09-06-2007, 11:59 PM
They're not just going to give the info out. That wouldn't be very professional. When you ask someone what they do for a living, do you ask them how much money they make?

disinter
09-07-2007, 12:00 AM
They're not just going to give the info out. That wouldn't be very professional. When you ask someone what they do for a living, do you ask them how much money they make?

Why did they release the $100k number then?

DjLoTi
09-07-2007, 12:02 AM
That was the only time any info was released about fund raising. They also told people about the 75K day, but that was through word of mouth. You guys gotta relax.... Q3 results will come soon enough. Just keep donating. lol

abstrusezincate
09-08-2007, 11:31 AM
Since some of you were asking, this is what we found out from Philadelphia, and it might give you a better idea of how much fundraising was actually done.

Jonathan Bydlak, Dr. Paul's Fundraising Director, clarified that Philadelphia and its allied meetups won both: a) the greatest Total Dollars Raised (just under $40,000) AND b) the greatest Average Dollars Raised per Member. New York took second place in both categories, but the campaign decided to give them a Grand Prize anyway because there were two of them.

LibertyEagle
09-08-2007, 11:45 AM
I can't imagine it being that good. There was a time where a like 4 member Meetup group was number one in the rankings. Since, the max that this group possibly could have donated is 9200 and the others were shown as being thousands behind, I just don't see how this fundraising could have been anything spectacular.

edmnn
09-08-2007, 11:49 AM
anyone could've donated on behalf of a group, it didn't matter if they were officially members of that meetup group

McDermit
09-08-2007, 12:04 PM
For a point of reference, Philly raised ~ $18,000 between the last update and the time the competition ended. So say they had 20,000 at the last update. Then go back and look at the #25 group's total as of the last update...

LibertyEagle
09-08-2007, 12:15 PM
The page is no longer there.