PDA

View Full Version : Lawson: Running for Congress:Expensive. Being Attacked by 20 Year Incumbent:Priceless

RonPaulFanInGA
10-24-2008, 07:09 AM
http://blog.lawsonforcongress.com/2008/10/23/running-for-congress-expensive-being-attacked-by-twenty-year-incumbent-priceless/

We’re making progress, and our incumbent’s machine is feeling the heat.

Early voting started last Thursday, and we’ve been staffing polling places throughout the District to spread the word about the campaign. Our team has been doing a great job — in fact, in some cases they’ve been doing such a great job that the opposition has tried to shut them down.

Theresa and Tiffany were working at a polling place in South Durham on Thursday, and apparently their readiness to engage with voters created a bit of nervousness among the Democratic party staffers. After a few hours, a lady drove up to the polling place, approached Theresa and Tiffany, thanked them for doing such a good job, and told them they were being relieved and could hand over their materials.

Needless to say, this mystery lady was not from our campaign… which raises an obvious question: How stupid do these people think we are?

A few minutes later we received a call from Theresa and Tiffany asking where they should go next, since they’d “been relieved.” Of course, this mystery was too good to pass up. JoLynn and I were driving around visiting folks at various polling places, so we dropped by the place where Theresa and Tiffany had been relieved… and I paid the Democratic party folks a visit.

I was immediately greeted by a nice fifty-something lady who asked me if I needed a sample ballot from the Democratic party. I said yes, and she graciously explained how easy it is to vote Obama, straight ticket Democrat, and then choose the slate of Democratic judicial candidates. I thanked her for the orientation, and then asked her if she’d seen my friends Theresa and Tiffany who had been working at the poll earlier that morning.

“Uhhhhh…. they left. They folded. Guess they got tired.”

Wrong answer.

I was polite, but after expressing my displeasure with the shallow deception used to steal our materials and disrupt our greeters, the trio of Democratic volunteers working at this polling place looked like they’d swallowed something a bit too big for their esophagus.

Some people believe we’re playing a game of simple party politics as we work to advance principled government that serves the people. This isn’t a game, despite the dirty pool being played by these partisan hacks.

’ve come to the conclusion that rescuing our nation requires that we address two distinct threats: neoconservative sycophants within the Republican party, and latte liberals within the Democratic party. Both are equally blind, and equally dangerous.

After this brief distraction, however, Theresa and Tiffany returned to work their magic. We’ve continued to garner votes at the polls with our fantastic supporters on the ground, and we’re launching a new positive media campaign to stake out the high ground as we head towards election day:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbsbuu5tLuk

Oh, and about that high ground — today my opponent launched an attack ad in the Daily Tar Heel. It’s a shame when a twenty-year incumbent can’t run on his record, and must resort to undocumented distortions of his opponent’s views:

http://blog.lawsonforcongress.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/picture-8.png

escapinggreatly
10-24-2008, 07:25 AM
I like how favoring the elimination of the Department of Ed is used as an "attack." Whenever I see that, I wonder how soon I can vote for the person.

http://www.meltingpotproject.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/10/22/libertariansig.jpg
The Melting Pot Project: Proportional Representation. New Parties. Intern Jokes. (http://www.meltingpotproject.com/)

slacker921
10-24-2008, 07:39 AM
hmm.. there should be a way to file criminal charges of election fraud in a case like that. They were clearly impersonating a representative of one candidate when they in fact were representatives of another. I'm not saying I think they can be charged, but it's a shame people can get away with that and will continue to rise through the ranks of the political party and continue to perpetrate larger and larger acts of fraud because they see that "the ends justify the means" and there is no punishment if caught.

I guess the best we can do is wear a hidden camera.. get it on tape and put it on Youtube.

MikeStanart
10-24-2008, 08:12 AM
Ack, they're starting to get desperate!

Go for the jugular, BJ!

steph3n
10-24-2008, 08:13 AM
This is interesting, in TX no campaign can be near the polling location.

Peoples_Front_of_Paul
10-24-2008, 08:32 AM
I’ve come to the conclusion that rescuing our nation requires that we address two distinct threats: neoconservative sycophants within the Republican party, and latte liberals within the Democratic party. Both are equally blind, and equally dangerous.

Right on! :D

Go get 'em, BJ!

MikeStanart
10-24-2008, 08:34 AM

You can, as long as you are a certain distance away from the polling location. I think it's around 100 feet. There are usually markers indicating a "no-campaign material zone"

ronpaulhawaii
10-24-2008, 08:37 AM

In Texas campaign workers can be 100 ft from the doors, each state has its own rules. I poll sat for the District-14 primary in Texas and was hounded by Peedon's people.

m- is riding the rails towards NC :D

MikeStanart
10-24-2008, 08:38 AM
In Texas campaign workers can be 100 ft from the doors, each state has its own rules. I poll sat for the District-14 primary in Texas and was hounded by Peedon's people.

m- is riding the rails towards NC :D

I beat ya to it :-)

Cowlesy
10-24-2008, 08:39 AM
those sneaky little fuckers....

ronpaulhawaii
10-24-2008, 08:46 AM
I beat ya to it :-)

dang :D note to self - must type faster - <chuckle>

+1

RonPaulFanInGA
10-24-2008, 09:16 AM

Your avatar works well with this line.

dr. hfn
10-24-2008, 10:45 AM
go lawson go lawson go lawson!

Cowlesy
10-24-2008, 11:06 AM
Your avatar works well with this line.

We need a possessed, glaring prairie dog to keep an eye on stuff down there.

MRoCkEd
10-24-2008, 11:13 AM
That flyer would make me want to vote for BJ.
Unfortunately, the average voter in BJ's district would be opposed to those things.

rpfan2008
10-24-2008, 11:25 AM
Good Luck!! Lawson.

ah! Pearls of wisdom from our Mod. :D

beerista
10-24-2008, 11:27 AM
I agree with what a couple of others have said: that campaign ad would play as a mixed bag around here and as a complete ad for Lawson in some other places I've lived. Too bad about that district. But I talked to a buddy last night who lives in Charlotte and is a professed liberal who said he won't be voting for either McCain or Obama -- says they're the same. Surprised the heck out of me. This election could be interesting after all.

On another note, considering the "article" (http://www.dailytarheel.com/opinion/price_wins_unc_debate) I saw the other day in the Daily Tarheel, I can't imagine why Price is bothering to advertise in that paper since they seem willing enough to shill for him for free.

mport1
10-24-2008, 11:29 AM
Wow, did not know he had those views on abortion...

MRoCkEd
10-24-2008, 11:33 AM
You know that BJ must be doing something right if his opponent needs to attack him.

RonPaulFanInGA
10-24-2008, 11:47 AM
You know that BJ must be doing something right if his opponent needs to attack him.

Yes. In that district, it must be at least somewhat close for Price to even acknowledge Lawson's existence and tell anyone he has an election opponent.

Orgoonian
10-24-2008, 12:22 PM
Thats worth another $25.00 donation,gogo Lawson! :D

Feenix566
10-24-2008, 01:33 PM
That newspaper campaign ad looked like an ad for Lawson to me....

MRoCkEd
10-24-2008, 01:34 PM
That newspaper campaign ad looked like an ad for Lawson to me....
To you, but not to the average democrat

Cowlesy
10-25-2008, 10:56 PM
//