PDA

View Full Version : Ron paul: Write-in candidate in california

abruzz0
10-23-2008, 11:46 PM
I'm so excited. I got this e-mail from my RP meet-up group...

October 23, 2008
Ron Paul Becomes Qualified as Write-In Candidate in California
Posted by Eric A. Garris at October 23, 2008 04:34 PM

The California Secretary of State will announce tomorrow that Ron Paul has been certified as an official write-in candidate for President.
This means that write-in votes for Ron Paul in California will be counted, although the numbers for write-in votes are rarely reported until weeks after the election.
Some observers have predicted that Paul may get as many as 250,000 write-in votes nationwide, although they will not be counted in other states. Ron Paul is on the ballot in Montana and Louisiana. A Montana poll released today gave Ron Paul 4.2%, exactly the difference between Obama and McCain (Bob Barr receives 1% in this poll).
In order the qualify Ron Paul as a write-in for California, former Libertarian Party state chair Gail Lightfoot recruited 55 electors who had to file notarized forms with the Secretary of State.
In 1976, former Senator Eugene McCarthy received more votes as a write-in in California than Libertarian Party candidate Roger MacBride (who was on the ballot).
On a personal note: I must confess that I contributed $200 to Bob Barr during the early days of his campaign. I am so disappointed with his campaign that I am serving as an elector for Ron Paul from California, and will be writing him in on my ballot.

I have my absentee ballot right here with me, and I plan on fulfilling my promise of voting for Ron Paul...no matter what.

heavenlyboy34
10-24-2008, 08:34 AM
Wahoo!! :D

sidster
10-24-2008, 12:54 PM
BUMP! I was just gonna post this but you have beat me to it :)

Source: LewRockwell.com (http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/023626.html)

blocks
10-24-2008, 04:39 PM
Here's the official list of certified Write-in candidate:

http://www.sos.ca.gov/elections/election_2008/certified_list_of_candidates_writeins.pdf

This is the best news of the week, I didn't want to have to vote for Barr or Baldwin.

sidster
10-24-2008, 11:29 PM
*bump*

0zzy
10-24-2008, 11:50 PM
I guess Im going to have to now! I was going to do Bob Barr, but if writing-in is as easy as I think (other - writein) than I might just do it for symbolic reasons (my first time voting).

reagle
10-26-2008, 11:21 AM
3 down 47 to go.

good job California

craezie
10-30-2008, 05:13 PM
They will never actually read the write-in candidates unless write-in gets a high enough statistical percentage to have possibly won. It will just show up as "other" when counted. So no one will even know if your "other" vote is for Ron Paul or Mickey Mouse.

I would suggest that if you want to register your displeasure with the current candidates and actually get the vote counted, one should check one of the boxes that actually represents the candidate who is closest to your views. One who bothered to actually get on the ballot.

For me, that will be Bob Barr, regardless of the fact that I think he is kind of a heel and regardless of the fact that I wish I could vote for Baldwin.

Ron Paul is great, but Ron Paul isn't running, people!

akihabro
11-05-2008, 03:27 AM
I like Nevada "None of these" at 0.6% or 6,246 votes. I think they had to accommodate the aliens in Area 51