PDA

View Full Version : pranking the vote

heavenlyboy34
10-23-2008, 11:27 PM
If I vote this year, I think it would be funny to write in made up names in the write in spots (Mr. Giggles, Kermit the Frog, etc). Does anyone know if those names would show up in the final tally? It would really make me laugh if these absurd names showed up in the final tally (even if they lose). :D:)

Nate K
10-24-2008, 12:01 AM
mr. giggles FTW!

Uriel999
10-24-2008, 12:49 AM
Vote Andrew Jackson. :D

Spider-Man
10-24-2008, 01:16 AM
No, they won't, unfortunately. Occasionally, the local news will note that some people wrote Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck, and laughs will be had by all.

LittleLightShining
10-24-2008, 06:44 AM
If you're going to write in a candidate you may as well vote for someone you'd actually want to win.

I work at the polls and counting write-ins takes a looooong time. I like to do it because I like to see people rejecting the status quo but at the same time I'd personally much rather see a vote for Ron Paul or even a local person than a vote for Garfield.

Mesogen
10-24-2008, 07:24 AM
None of the above.

FindLiberty
10-24-2008, 07:50 AM
Yea, NOTA for POTUS!

re: OP, It's funny to post it here, laugh and talk about, but it would be a pointless waste on 11/05/08 to vote for "Crusty the Clown".

Vote for who you WANT for our next POTUS. Check validity of your choice in your state if your first choice did not make it onto the ballot (or didn't qualify to be a valid write-in).

Be realistic. It's very unlikely your ONE vote will make a difference in the outcome. If you do vote, don't waste that vote on an invalid choice (e.g., write in Forest Gump for POTUS) or get distracted with the, "but you must prevent the horrid other guy from getting in because this is such a close race this time" bull pucky.

heavenlyboy34
10-24-2008, 09:33 AM
Yea, NOTA for POTUS!

re: OP, It's funny to post it here, laugh and talk about, but it would be a pointless waste on 11/05/08 to vote for "Crusty the Clown".

Vote for who you WANT for our next POTUS. Check validity of your choice in your state if your first choice did not make it onto the ballot (or didn't qualify to be a valid write-in).

Be realistic. It's very unlikely your ONE vote will make a difference in the outcome. If you do vote, don't waste that vote on an invalid choice (e.g., write in Forest Gump for POTUS) or get distracted with the, "but you must prevent the horrid other guy from getting in because this is such a close race this time" bull pucky.

OK, I'll think about it. For now, I say it would be best if Mr. Giggles won. LMAO! :D

CurtisLow
10-24-2008, 09:39 AM
Your pick for president of the United States: F-The two party system

Isaac Bickerstaff
10-24-2008, 09:56 AM
For president, senate, house, state offices, a good old fashioned third party vote would be the way to go, but for judges, the real criminals in this system, there is very seldom a choice. This is where Satan, Krusty, Snot Rocket, Giggles, or any other goofy name that would help to make the ballot counters realize your displeasure, should be used. The ballot is already a mockery of the system, someone just has to tell them.

The emperor's new clothes has bells on it.

Poor Writer
10-24-2008, 09:57 AM
mr. giggles FTW!
Mr. Giggles touched me as a child.

I prefer to write in Richard Pulling.

I work at the polls and counting write-ins takes a looooong time. I like to do it because I like to see people rejecting the status quo but at the same time I'd personally much rather see a vote for Ron Paul or even a local person than a vote for Garfield.
So when do they actually start keeping a tally on names written in. If there are 2 for Ron Paul, will they simply blow it off, but if there was 5k they would have to keep track?

Just curious how the process works in the recording of write ins.

http://www.ticolumn.com

heavenlyboy34
10-24-2008, 10:54 AM
Mr. Giggles touched me as a child.

You mean in a naughty way :eek: or an emotional way?

FindLiberty
10-24-2008, 11:07 AM
You mean in a naughty way :eek: or an emotional way?

YES, Write in Mr. Giggles in all non-consensual races (where only one name appears on the ballot) with no opponent. (...and to think I used to just leave those NO CHOICE positions blank. My bad.)

ARealConservative
10-24-2008, 11:29 AM
If I vote this year, I think it would be funny to write in made up names in the write in spots (Mr. Giggles, Kermit the Frog, etc). Does anyone know if those names would show up in the final tally? It would really make me laugh if these absurd names showed up in the final tally (even if they lose). :D:)

no.

depending on the state they either ignore that individual vote, or possibly even throw away your entire ballot as invalid.

Poor Writer
10-24-2008, 12:27 PM
depending on the state they either ignore that individual vote, or possibly even throw away your entire ballot as invalid

That was the answer I was looking for. From the information I dug up for Michigan (non-governmental), they throw away the entire ballot.

So from my understanding, writing in Paul's name would take away every vote I have on proposals and other 3rd party people I vote for.

Poor Writer
10-24-2008, 12:28 PM
And when in doubt,

Always vote Richard Pulling

mediahasyou
10-24-2008, 03:03 PM
Even pranking is counted as consent by the government. You are only a number to them. The legitimacy of the government will never be gone till consent is gone. This is vital for from legitimacy, the government expands.

http://www.voluntaryist.com/articles/073.php

Conza88
10-26-2008, 12:57 AM
Writing in Alex Jones... or Murray Rothbard... may be hilarious :D