PDA

View Full Version : A new Ron Paul convert just posted this to me on a Sports message board

TheConstitutionLives
09-06-2007, 11:24 PM
It's the message of the constitution and true freedom that are turning people on. This is much bigger than Ron Paul. It's a start. Check it out.....

"As much as I hate to say it, XXXXXXXXX, you were right about Ron Paul. After watching the debate it is clear to me that we don't have a choice, we have the illusion of choice. Giulliani, McCain, and Romney got to answer damn near every question, while the others were relegated to token responses scattered throughout the night. I found myself thinking, "I want to hear what Ron Paul has to say about that." And as soon as I'd think it, they'd go on to another topic without getting a response from him. I don't think he can win, I don't think he appeals to the masses, he has an abrasive nature at times, but damn it, I like what he has to say and I'm on board! Ron Paul '08!"

slantedview
09-06-2007, 11:26 PM
Sounds good. Now all we have to do is get the guy to realize that he CAN win!

torchbearer
09-06-2007, 11:27 PM
maybe other people have gotten frustrated by fox news abuse of ron paul... and perhaps we've gained more people because of it.

TheConstitutionLives
09-06-2007, 11:30 PM
Sounds good. Now all we have to do is get the guy to realize that he CAN win!

True. But if you think about it, it's a bigger hurdle for someone to join this campaign believing it's going nowhere than for someone to join believing it's an easy win. He's consciously choosing the road less traveled and that's worth noting. ;)

RoamZero
09-06-2007, 11:37 PM
The key to a victory I think will be convincing enough Republicans that it is ok to be against the war, and that in doing so a Republican wouldn't necessarily be siding with the Democrats, which have been pretty demonized in the right-wing media. The second key will be convincing moderates that are against the war to side with Paul and not Hilary and Co. Thirdly, I wonder how the Libertarian party would consider officially/unofficially endorsing Paul knowing he has the best chance to win.