PDA

View Full Version : ATTENTION: California Voters will be able to write-in Ron Paul and get it counted!

kombayn
10-23-2008, 09:13 PM
http://www.independentpoliticalreport.com/2008/10/ron-paul-qualified-as-official-write-in-candidate-in-california/

Eric Garris just reported over at the LewRockwell.com blog that Ron Paul will be an official write-in candidate in California. This is in addition to Ron Paul being on the ballot in Montana and Louisiana.

Now I'm extremely excited to hear the news, but damnit, I'm really pissed off that I already voted and sent my ballot in the mail. Pretty much I was convinced I would not be able to vote for the man, so I did my voting early. :( So ATTENTION to all the people over on RonPaulForums.com who live in California, you can write-in Ron Paul and it will be counted. :D

Shotdown1027
10-23-2008, 09:27 PM
Well who DID you vote for?

fr33domfightr
10-23-2008, 11:16 PM
I sent an email to the Secretary of State of California, to verify this first. Once she confirms, then I'll post her response on RPF.

FF

kombayn
10-24-2008, 02:54 PM
Well who DID you vote for?

Can't you tell by looking at my signature? (Nader/Gonzalez)

Athan
10-24-2008, 03:15 PM
lolz

FlyingComic
10-24-2008, 03:49 PM
The official list is here. (http://www.sos.ca.gov/elections/election_2008/certified_list_of_candidates_writeins.pdf)

As you can see, Ron Paul is definitely on it!!!!

RPTXState
10-24-2008, 04:02 PM
who is Gail Lightfoot?

Cali4RonPaul
10-24-2008, 04:03 PM
Thanks I will write in Ron Paul. I will see this movement through..

amy31416
10-24-2008, 04:04 PM
So that's three states that can vote for Paul now? LA, CA and MT?

Lucky for those folks who have this opportunity, I'm envious.

FlyingComic
10-24-2008, 04:04 PM
who is Gail Lightfoot?

She's a former California state chair of the Libertarian Party. I met Gail in 1988 during Ron Paul's first run for president. She's a long-time supporter, and she volunteered her name for the VP slot since it was required (and all 55 electors' declarations had to match on president and vice president).

blocks
10-24-2008, 04:32 PM
It's officially official!

http://www.sos.ca.gov/elections/election_2008/certified_list_of_candidates_writeins.pdf

kombayn
10-24-2008, 05:27 PM
bump

Cali4RonPaul
10-24-2008, 05:42 PM
Im not really sure I understand the process, what does official recognition mean?

Does he appear on the ballot?

Does he appear on the ballot count?

What benefit is this.

Dorfsmith
10-24-2008, 05:45 PM
Im not really sure I understand the process, what does official recognition mean?

Does he appear on the ballot?

Does he appear on the ballot count?

What benefit is this.

It means that the votes will be counted. He WILL NOT be on the ballot. Also, it may take a couple weeks before they add write in votes to the official count. They have to manually verify them. The point of Writing Ron Paul in in California is that it sends a message and he's obviously somebody that Ron Paul supporters can feel proud about voting for. :cool:

Cali4RonPaul
10-24-2008, 05:50 PM
It means that the votes will be counted. He WILL NOT be on the ballot. Also, it may take a couple weeks before they add write in votes to the official count. They have to manually verify them. The point of Writing Ron Paul in in California is that it sends a message and he's obviously somebody that Ron Paul supporters can feel proud about voting for. :cool:

Yeah absolutely!! thanks for enlightening me.

I intended to write in Dr. Paul regardless.

I didn't know that without official recognition it wouldn't be counted. Democracy?

Dorfsmith
10-24-2008, 06:38 PM
Yeah absolutely!! thanks for enlightening me.

I intended to write in Dr. Paul regardless.

I didn't know that without official recognition it wouldn't be counted. Democracy?

I know. It sucks that there is such a huge process for a vote to count.