PDA

View Full Version : Powerful piece from Keith Olbermann - Bush is "Playing" with us

slantedview
09-06-2007, 11:22 PM
This video is a must see for everyone. He basically issues the harshest, most direct indictment of President Bush that I've ever seen, particularly in the mainstream media, and particularly from a mainstream news person.

http://www.truthout.org/docs_2006/090507A.shtml

I hope Keith has some good security.

max
09-06-2007, 11:26 PM
This video is a must see for everyone. He basically issues the harshest, most direct indictment of President Bush that I've ever seen, particularly in the mainstream media, and particularly from a mainstream news person.

http://www.truthout.org/docs_2006/090507A.shtml

I hope Keith has some good security.

Keith Olberman is a partisan sneak. He does a great job of bashing Bush but lets the democrats off easy.

If he were sincere, he wouldn't be ignoring Ron Paul.

Don't me wrong...his commentaries are briliant...but he strikes me as a one sided partisan. The Democrats deserve as much of a lashing as Bush does...but I dont hear it from Olberman.

slantedview
09-06-2007, 11:29 PM
Keith Olberman is a partisan sneak. He does a great job of bashing Bush but lets the democrats off easy.

Don't me wrong...his commentaries are briliant...but he strikes me as a one sided partisan. The Democrats deserve as much of a lashing as Bush does...but I dont hear it from Olberman.
I agree. I was just shocked to hear how blunt this little speech was. The indictment was that Bush plans to push his troop level agenda off onto the next Republican candidates. It seems that the top tier guys will buy it... obviously we know that Dr. Paul wouldn't :)

I think the tie-in between Bush's current policies and agenda, and how he intends to pass those off to the Republican candidates is something to watch. We could already see Romney damn near mirroring Bush's words yesterday about how the surge seems to be working, and if it's working we can draw down troops, etc. Of course, it's not working, as the preliminary info from the reports are saying.

austin356
09-06-2007, 11:39 PM

The last little bit about "True Patriots" in the Republican party cutting off funding has to have been directed at Dr. Paul. What other Republican wants to cut off funding?

disinter
09-06-2007, 11:41 PM
Why doesn't Olbermann have Ron Paul on?

His masters probably won't allow it.

slantedview
09-06-2007, 11:43 PM
Why doesn't Olbermann have Ron Paul on?

His masters probably won't allow it.

Probably, though I could see it happening before I could see Paul on some other shows.

michaelwise
09-06-2007, 11:43 PM
"To get them comfortable about maintaining a presence in Iraq."

The military industrial complex, and the wealthy elite, never plan on leaving Iraq. Why do you think we are building 14 US military bases there, and an embassy the size of Vatican City in Rome?

ctb619
09-06-2007, 11:52 PM

In fact he has harshly criticized the Democrats for refusing to push harder for a withdrawal from Iraq - just not enough. But Bush is such an easy target and provides the material for some great monologues. Overall I'd have to agree with your point though, he doesn't spread the blame equally enough.

slantedview
09-06-2007, 11:55 PM
In fact he has harshly criticized the Democrats for refusing to push harder for a withdrawal from Iraq - just not enough. But Bush is such an easy target and provides the material for some great monologues. Overall I'd have to agree with your point though, he doesn't spread the blame equally enough.

He could certainly spread some blame to everyone who voted for the war resolution or to the dems for not pulling funding for the war. This whole thing about Bush secretly conspiring to push the war beyond his term is what made him the target of this message.

ksuguy
09-06-2007, 11:57 PM
Keith Olberman is the democratic version of Hannity.

BenIsForRon
09-07-2007, 01:01 AM
Keith is awesome, he just allows too many paid for pundits on his show. He has attacked the Democrats many times, just not as often as he should. He's talked about impeachment quite a few times, which is something you never see on any other TV news show. In the end though, he still has to answer to his producers, who have probably made sure Ron doesn't get coverage on the show.

That's why you all should start watching Bill Moyers Journal on PBS. It is by far the most informative and honest show on television.

This is a very interesting discussion he had on why we have to impeach Bush and Cheney.
http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/video_popups/pop_vid_impeachment1-1.html

john_anderson_ii
09-07-2007, 02:20 AM
I don't know much about this Kieth character, but I've got to give credit where credit is do. This monologue was a good show, right to the point, factually correct to the best of my knowledge, and spoken in the proper tone.

At least someone realizes we, The People, should be speaking to and about GWB as if he were a child with a temper, because we are hard pressed to find anything more to the man.

Sometimes I really feel sorry for my brother Marines who volunteered to pull White House Guard duty under this regime. I'd hate to salute that ass clown first thing in the morning. I wouldn't be able to do it with any heartfelt snap and pop, I'd feel like washing my hands afterward.