PDA

View Full Version : Poll for possible 2012 pres candidates

gregl26
10-23-2008, 08:43 PM
Can someone make a poll for who we should draft to run for pres as a repub if RP says no?

Add new options.
1. Judge Napolitano

ClayTrainor
10-23-2008, 08:44 PM
2. Jesse Ventura
3. Gary Johnson
4. Bj lawson
5. Keep nagging Ron Paul!

ArrestPoliticians
10-23-2008, 08:46 PM
Chuck Baldwin :)
Bob Barr :mad:
Jesse Ventura ;)
Gary Johnson :confused:

yongrel
10-23-2008, 08:47 PM
Your eyes are too big for your stomach. Threads like this are why the LIbertarian Party has never put a member in Congress. They've been too busy focusing on the Presidency to realize that local elections matter more.

Donate to BJ Lawson today.

tonesforjonesbones
10-23-2008, 09:44 PM
Forget 2012. Komrade Obama will suspend elections. tones

gregl26
10-23-2008, 09:46 PM
Of course we have to run ppl for all offices but having a central figure like a Ron Paul helps to focus our intent and get the word out nationally. Never for a second should we cease supporting local ppl.

Original_Intent
10-23-2008, 09:53 PM
Your eyes are too big for your stomach. Threads like this are why the LIbertarian Party has never put a member in Congress. They've been too busy focusing on the Presidency to realize that local elections matter more.

Donate to BJ Lawson today.

/agree.

The JBS has been preaching in the desert for a long time now that we should disregard the presidential dog and pny show and focus on Congress.

Micah Dardar
10-23-2008, 11:48 PM
Gary Johnson!!!

Alawn
10-24-2008, 12:08 AM
The most likely to win of those mentioned so far is Johnson. Governors have a huge advantage over everyone else but a VP and all VPs alive are bad. Ventura was also a governor but he would only run as a 3rd party so less people would vote for him.

Napolitano would be my pick for a SC judge if we ever got a good president in office.

DirtMcGirt
10-24-2008, 12:10 AM
Wayne Allen Root

ArrestPoliticians
10-24-2008, 12:12 AM
The most likely to win of those mentioned so far is Johnson. Governors have a huge advantage over everyone else but a VP and all VPs alive are bad. Ventura was also a governor but he would only run as a 3rd party so less people would vote for him.

Napolitano would be my pick for a SC judge if we ever got a good president in office.

I am starting to get excited about 2012! We could have 2 shots at the Presidency, Johnson in the GOP primary and Ventura in the general election should Johnson not make it out of the primary. I like Ventura a lot, but I would have to go HARD for Gary Johnson to be nominated, because anyone with a major party behind them has a 50% chance of victory going in. Even if Johnson doesn't get the nomination, hopefully his campaign will have spread a message of sound money and constitutionalism so that our even LARGER GOP base will know to jump to Ventura(who will already have a lot of centrist/leftist support.) I don't see how we can't make MAJOR waves in the 2012 presidential race.

berrybunches
10-24-2008, 12:20 AM
Johnson for sure. He is libertarian and conservative enough with a moderate enough demeanor to be viable. He would not be considered "fringe". He is a good age, he speaks well, he has some name recognition, hes sincere, he can inspire passion, he is not a party insider by any means, he has an awesome record, he seems to have a clean past. Ideal if you ask me.
We will email bomb him next election and he will run. :)

cien750hp
10-24-2008, 12:30 AM
i think we need to get thomas woods into congress or the senate at least

berrybunches
10-24-2008, 01:05 AM
i think we need to get thomas woods into congress or the senate at least

good one and eventually Rand Paul too. :)