PDA

View Full Version : Let's thank fox news and huckabee

fez2008
09-06-2007, 11:07 PM
Whatever they have done.. it has helped Dr. Paul.
Their first debate helped him grow his name recogition and enlarged his base.
This debate put him along the major candidates.
If you look at the perception now the candidates are divided in this manner:
RG,MR,FT,JM --- RP, MH ---- SB, TT, DH
This divide was possible because of yesterdays debate... they could have totally ignored him (like ABC and CNN did) but they did what they did and it helped Dr. Paul. Also, Huckabee helped himself and helped Dr. Paul.

I'm looking forward to the next fox debate which will propel Dr. Paul into the top tier (in the eyes of the MSM)

RPatTheBeach
09-06-2007, 11:16 PM
Every news cast I have seen since the debate has highlighted RP. Everyone was talking about him. The first words out of Guiliani's mouth in the post-debate argument was something about ron paul. And I think every other candidate at least said his name in the post-debate interview. All the candidates are now scared of him and are trying to belittle him with quips, but I like to think people can see past that.

DjLoTi
09-06-2007, 11:19 PM
Thank them? *yawn* for sarcasm...

Eli
09-06-2007, 11:28 PM
I've been showing ppl the "So you're saying we should take our marching orders from Al Qaeda" quote all day. People think its hilarious! That was the most embarrassing and transparent one-liner fox has ever had. People saw right through the blaming the US for sept. 11th. In fact i showed it to a few of my friends who at the time had no idea who ron paul was or that i support him and they were like WTF? THATS NOT WHAT HE SAID! This one is even a hundred times more obvious that they were trying to shove stuff into his mouth. It just made fox look soooooooooo bad and Ron Paul look so good.

Plus fox made the horrific mistake of preaching over and over that ron paul is the antiwar candidate and he doesn't belong with all the other creeps. They used that as a prop for why ppl should disregard him but instead it got everyone's positive attention.

yaz
09-06-2007, 11:33 PM
thanks eli good point

fez2008
09-06-2007, 11:35 PM
Thank them? *yawn* for sarcasm...

Yes thank them :) even though they are trying to marginalize him the unintended consequences(is there a word for that?) are:
1) more name recognition
2) more time to articulate his points
3) Slowly the tone of the pundits is changing from 'ron paul is fringe' to 'ron paul is helping the debate'

this would not have happened if the debates were on CNN..

LibertyEagle
09-06-2007, 11:36 PM
Has any checked to see if the web traffic to ronpaul2008.com went up after the debate?

disinter
09-06-2007, 11:37 PM
I've been showing ppl the "So you're saying we should take our marching orders from Al Qaeda" quote all day. People think its hilarious!

Check this out:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gR8dozm5LS8

jj111
09-06-2007, 11:39 PM
"crazy like a Fox"

LizF
09-06-2007, 11:43 PM
Check this out:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gR8dozm5LS8

Well done...lol :D :p

BarryDonegan
09-07-2007, 12:44 AM
playing to the crowd hurts the neocons right now, because the crowd always seems stupid.

when u stop and reflect on the debate, its clear ron paul was arguing a position, and foxnews was trying to hurt, damage, and spin the position. its transparent, and it failed.