angelatc
10-23-2008, 03:03 PM
Well, sort of.

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/news/17789356/detail.html

Woman Attacked At ATM, Assailant Carves Letter Into Her Face
Woman Robbed, Attacked With Knife At Bloomfield ATM

POSTED: 4:03 pm EDT October 23, 2008
UPDATED: 5:12 pm EDT October 23, 2008
PITTSBURGH -- A 20-year-old woman who was robbed at an ATM in Bloomfield was also maimed by her attacker, police said.

Pittsburgh police spokeswoman Diane Richard tells Channel 4 Action News that the victim was robbed at knifepoint on Wednesday night outside of a Citizens Bank near Liberty Avenue and Pearl Street just before 9 p.m.

Richard said the robber took $60 from the woman, then became angry when he saw a McCain bumper sticker on the victim's car. The attacker then punched and kicked the victim, before using the knife to scratch the letter "B" into her face, Richard said.

Richard said the woman refused medical treatment after the assault, which happened outside the view of the bank's surveillance cameras.

The robber is described as a dark-skinned black man, 6 feet 4 inches tall, 200 pounds with a medium build, short black hair and brown eyes. The man was wearing dark colored jeans, a black undershirt and black shoes.

The Obama-Biden campaign released a statement, commenting on the attack. The statement said "Our thoughts and prayers are with the young woman for her to make a speedy recovery, and we hope that the person who perpetrated this crime is swiftly apprehended and brought to justice."

AutoDas
10-23-2008, 03:14 PM
Spread the wealth?

Can you imagine what will happen if Obama loses.

phixion
10-23-2008, 03:17 PM
Typical Obama supporter - feels entitled to someone elses hard-earned money.

The guy probably believes all he has to do is vote for Obama and all his problems (and that of his so-called 'People') will be over.

Not so. They will turn on Obama as reality dawns.

Pete

Mini-Me
10-23-2008, 03:17 PM
That's messed up...

1000-points-of-fright
10-23-2008, 03:40 PM
B for Barr? Baldwin? Perhaps an O would have been more appropriate.

Danke
10-23-2008, 03:48 PM
B for Barr? Baldwin? Perhaps an O would have been more appropriate.

I think it was for Barack. :D

hillertexas
10-23-2008, 03:49 PM
http://doctorbulldog.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/ashley.jpg?w=355&h=265

tonesforjonesbones
10-23-2008, 03:49 PM
Well..this isn't a joke..I guarantee you things are going to be bad whether Komrade Obama wins or loses. NOW you know why they have brought the soldiers back for crowd control...and this could put us under martial law. tones

Mini-Me
10-23-2008, 04:13 PM
I think it was for Barack. :D

In any case, unless the shithead was entirely illiterate, he should have at least had the courtesy to carve it right-side-up. If you look at her picture, the damn letter is upside-down and backwards!
In any case, I'm certain his persuasive argument was entirely successful at convincing her to vote for Obama. :rolleyes:

Dieseler
10-23-2008, 04:28 PM
Heres a tube of a news report on it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZ-5l9PpYx4&eurl=http://www.hillaryclintonforum.net/discussion/showthread.php?t=37930&page=6

Dustancostine
10-23-2008, 04:46 PM
Before she worked for McCain, she supported Ron Paul. She is in my MU and worked with us before the primary.

She is very dedicated politically.

Really sad.

phixion
10-23-2008, 04:48 PM
She ought to start a blog. Yesterday.

Pete

Mini-Me
10-23-2008, 04:52 PM
Before she worked for McCain, she supported Ron Paul. She is in my MU and worked with us before the primary.

Really sad.

It's horrendous that this would happen to any ordinary person - McCain supporter, Obama supporter, or whatever - but considering she was one of our own...:mad: I'm pretty much running on liquid anger today. Almost everything I hear just pisses me off even more.

Dieseler
10-23-2008, 04:53 PM
The veins in my forehead are beginning to throb again.
I have been cycling between tylenol, advil and goody powders.
I don't believe any of those will work for this one.

MRoCkEd
10-23-2008, 05:21 PM

Really sad.
She went from supporting Ron Paul to working for McCain?
Maybe he should have branded a "T" for "Traitor".

Just kidding... hope she's okay

devil21
10-23-2008, 05:29 PM
Am I the only one getting a "BS Alert" over this story? McCain is getting desperate for votes and considering the tactics they have used so far, I could easily see this being entirely made up. It's surreal to the point of absurd.

Here's how we settle it. Broadcast the ATM camera footage, then Ill believe it.

dannno
10-23-2008, 05:31 PM
Am I the only one getting a "BS Alert" over this story? McCain is getting desperate for votes and considering the tactics they have used so far, I could easily see this being entirely made up. It's surreal to the point of absurd.

Here's how we settle it. Broadcast the ATM camera footage, then Ill believe it.

Ya, we've been discussing that over on the longer version of this thread..

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=164547&page=6

silus
10-24-2008, 09:54 AM
Its sad that in a forum that prides itself on not accepting news at face value, so many of you who posted just accepted the story went as told, and just responded with emotions.

Why dont you guys click the link and read the UPDATE. THe new title is "Police: 'Inconsistencies' In Story Of Politically Motivated Attack."

The story is more crap than anything until some important details come out. I mean, you dont get your ass kicked, say you were knocked unconscious, and then refuse medical treatment. You guys should be ashamed for buying into that shit.

silus
10-24-2008, 05:15 PM
Well..this isn't a joke..I guarantee you things are going to be bad whether Komrade Obama wins or loses. NOW you know why they have brought the soldiers back for crowd control...and this could put us under martial law. tones

It's horrendous that this would happen to any ordinary person - McCain supporter, Obama supporter, or whatever - but considering she was one of our own...:mad: I'm pretty much running on liquid anger today. Almost everything I hear just pisses me off even more.

You guys FAIL! And I dont say that to rub it in your face, its just that Ron Paul supporters must be the best at filtering what is presented to us by the media. How could anyone just pass go and assume the ALLEGED attack was true??? We are better than that.

Anyways, here: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/10/24/politics/main4544204.shtml

ClockwiseSpark
10-24-2008, 05:57 PM
You guys FAIL! And I dont say that to rub it in your face, its just that Ron Paul supporters must be the best at filtering what is presented to us by the media. How could anyone just pass go and assume the ALLEGED attack was true??? We are better than that.

Anyways, here: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/10/24/politics/main4544204.shtml

In all fairness, tones is not a Ron Paul supporter. She's a McCain supporter so there should be no surprise that she jumped all over this.

tmosley
10-24-2008, 06:37 PM
People here are quite eager to demonize Obama, so it becomes easy to picture his supporters as animals.

Of course, this is not the case. Those who follow Obama are generally just misinformed. If they learned the truth, they would be in our camp for the most part. People are people. The only difference is circumstance.

Of course, I think that Obama is analogous to Stalin (and McCain is analogous to Mussolini), so I might not be impartial.

libertarian4321
10-25-2008, 12:22 AM
http://doctorbulldog.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/ashley.jpg?w=355&h=265

Looks like this "McCain supporter" is the Republican equivalent of Tawana Brawley.

A complete fraud...

angelatc
10-25-2008, 07:58 PM
Looks like this "McCain supporter" is the Republican equivalent of Tawana Brawley.

A complete fraud...

Except Brawley had the support of the media, and black community leaders like Al Sharpton had little interest in whether or not she was telling the truth. They seized the opportunity to make claims of racial injustices all over the nation.

This woman is just a loony.

angelatc
10-25-2008, 07:59 PM
Of course, this is not the case. Those who follow Obama are generally just misinformed. If they learned the truth, they would be in our camp for the most part. People are people. The only difference is circumstance.

Have you ever tried to reason with one? It's like they're brainwashed.

angelatc
10-25-2008, 08:00 PM
Its sad that in a forum that prides itself on not accepting news at face value, so many of you who posted just accepted the story went as told, and just responded with emotions.

Why dont you guys click the link and read the UPDATE. THe new title is "Police: 'Inconsistencies' In Story Of Politically Motivated Attack."

The story is more crap than anything until some important details come out. I mean, you dont get your ass kicked, say you were knocked unconscious, and then refuse medical treatment. You guys should be ashamed for buying into that shit.

You're a little late. When you posted this, the woman had already confessed to lying.

Kludge
10-25-2008, 08:04 PM
In all fairness, tones is not a Ron Paul supporter. She's a McCain supporter so there should be no surprise that she jumped all over this.

Oh please... You can support more than one candidate -- even if they are radically different with regards to ideology.

Mini-Me
10-26-2008, 01:55 PM

Good point. I'm still kicking myself for not immediately noticing the obvious red flags the picture should have raised. :o