PDA

View Full Version : War on Drugs Essay, Updated (Teachers Remarks)

0zzy
10-23-2008, 02:00 PM
For those who don't know, I wrote an essay about the War on Drugs (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=163353) for an English assignment. Here is the comments she left:

Fatherless children take to the streets joining gangs and selling drugs so they can have enough money to eat and live, though often ending up murdered or imprisoned. Where is the morality in creating such a vicious cycle? Who has given the government the right to stir up such violence and disparity by creating these black markets in the name of protecting the citizens from unhealthy choices? The end does not justify the means.

Teacher: The children were fatherless spiritually if the father was a drug addict. Prison just just removes him or her.

This next one will probably get you guys probably as flabbergasted as I was when I read it,

Today, such respect isn’t given to the constitution and the federal government has continued to ban the use of drugs regardless of state law.

Teacher: The Federal Government has the ultimate authority. States are not considered sovereign.

Wtf? She gave us a constitution the other day and told us to read it. Apparently she didn't read past the 10th amendment cause she would know such a statement is a complete and historical fallacy.

End of the paper:

Teacher: This is a passionate argument for free choice and free will even if that choice is destructive. Interesting insight.

A

Brent,
I'd like you to use your considerate critical thinking talents on a more rigorous topic.

She's nice, I got an A, she teaches critical thinking. But it just upsets me that she doesn't seem to like this topic (she didn't allow me to do a research paper on it). And more importantly, that she believes the Federal Government and ultimate power. Boy-oh-boy.

I went to her office a few weeks ago and she wasn't there, but there was an Obama flier on her desk. I was shocked cause she's a challenge everything type of teacher, patriot act, real id, bailout, etc. but voting Obama? I figured she was doing it cause he was black (he is too), but I am more inclined to think she is a Liberaltarian rather than libertarian.

liberteebell
10-23-2008, 02:34 PM
Brent,
I'd like you to use your considerate critical thinking talents on a more rigorous topic.

So, take her up on her "offer" and do a class presentation on state and individual soverignty :D

dannno
10-23-2008, 02:39 PM
so, take her up on her "offer" and do a class presentation on state and individual soverignty :d

rofl!!!

Uriel999
10-23-2008, 02:46 PM
So, take her up on her "offer" and do a class presentation on state and individual soverignty :D

Do it!

dr. hfn
10-23-2008, 02:52 PM
your teacher needs to be "enlibertied"

0zzy
10-23-2008, 02:52 PM

I'm doing a research paper (8 pages) on John McCain's classified documents of POW and MIA. We do argument essays, and mostly about censorship and banning (intellectual at least, she didn't seem to like WoD).

evilfunnystuff
10-23-2008, 04:36 PM
I'm doing a research paper (8 pages) on John McCain's classified documents of POW and MIA. We do argument essays, and mostly about censorship and banning (intellectual at least, she didn't seem to like WoD).

if you have time i would highly recomend doin a paper on sovernty as well and just give it to her

i am sure we can help you research and get a nice condensed thread together to help if you are too busy to do the digging.