PDA

View Full Version : It will be a long time before we get a perfect candidate

ArrestPoliticians
10-23-2008, 01:25 PM
We bicker about who to vote for third party and who to support in 2012, but the reality is that none of these guys will have the intellectual capacity and moral/ideological purity that Dr. Paul has. Do you really thing that Jesse Ventura, Gary Johnson, Ralph Nader, Cynthia McKinney, Chuck Baldwin(I'm voting for him), or Bob Barr know ANYTHING about the Fed and Austrian Economics compared to the young rEVOLutionaries on this site? Do you think ANY of these candidates(even baldwin and barr) are radical constitutionalists like Ron Paul who will vote down a bill that is 90% a good deed and 10% immoral beyond all comprehension?!?!?!? In the long run, it is up to us.

In the short run, I would suggest a "radical" litmus test, in that the more zealous and radical the candidate is(ideaologically), the more support you should give them. The chance that we waste time on a candidate that gets in office and then rolls over to the establishment can't be taken.

Truth Warrior
10-23-2008, 01:27 PM
It will be a long time before we get a perfect candidate.

NEVER!!!

TastyWheat
10-23-2008, 04:50 PM
As unenthusiastic as I was about my choice I decided not to write-in Ron Paul because that's just as useful as writing in Thomas Jefferson. Don't force yourself to pick someone, but if you think one of them will at least turn us in the right direction then that's good enough.

gregl26
10-23-2008, 08:34 PM
I would like to propose a candidate to draft for 2012 if RP says no. I do not know what his fpolicy views are but his defense of the founding ideals is perfect. Judge Andrew Napolitano is the guy. He called RP the Jefferson of our time. I am of course open to other ppl if you have some suggestions. We need to find a candidate who will run as a Repub soon and then spend the next 4 yrs getting the word out. I am sure that the running as a Repub part will cause some blowback on this sight but the good Dr. ran as a Repub and we should continue this trend.

Brassmouth
10-23-2008, 08:37 PM
In the short run, I would suggest a "radical" litmus test, in that the more zealous and radical the candidate is(ideaologically), the more support you should give them. The chance that we waste time on a candidate that gets in office and then rolls over to the establishment can't be taken.

Unfortunately, the more "radical" a candidate is, the less likely he is to get mainstream attention, let alone notoriety.

ArrestPoliticians
10-23-2008, 08:48 PM
Unfortunately, the more "radical" a candidate is, the less likely he is to get mainstream attention, let alone notoriety.

We know we'll have to fight that no matter what. The one big plus for Ventura is that he will get media time no matter what because of his celebrity status. I'm starting to think that it might only be billionaires, celebrities, and athletes that can get a fair deal in the media.

ClockwiseSpark
10-23-2008, 08:55 PM
I am of course open to other ppl if you have some suggestions.

Well thank you, I appreciate your consideration.

I suggest you all look to your own houses. Four years can turn into quite a long time. Look to your neighborhoods, your counties and your states.

The only way we are going to be able to do this is from the bottom up.

ArrestPoliticians
10-23-2008, 11:06 PM
Bobby Jindal?
Mark Sanford?
Gary Johnson?

the first 2 are more main stream, but anything is better than a RINO

Ppl who sat out the rEVOLution are disqualified(Sanford), as are those who support McCain(Jindal).

constituent
10-24-2008, 05:44 AM
Well thank you, I appreciate your consideration.

I suggest you all look to your own houses. Four years can turn into quite a long time. Look to your neighborhoods, your counties and your states.

The only way we are going to be able to do this is from the bottom up.

yep. Know your D.A.