PDA

View Full Version : Who Am I?

Conservationist
10-23-2008, 11:12 AM
I'm a man of the people.

I live in a $1.6 million house in a neighborhood of millionaires.

I send my kids to private school.

I went to elite universities you can't afford or attend.

Wealthy celebrities and entertainers like me.

They are the liberal elite. They make money telling you what is cool. They are basically salespeople, like advertisers. They feel bad about this so they like to show themselves working for charities. They care about the people who can't help themselves. Not the stable, boring, responsible people like you. They hate you because you are stable and normal.

Liberal elites are neurotic, freaky people. If you make your living telling others what is real, and you're not telling the truth, you get neurotic and freaky. So if you're normal and healthy, they'll tell you that you are boring and selfish, probably ignorant. You're not interesting and fascinating like them.

They like me however. They will tell you to vote for me, and laugh at you when you do. It's so easy to fool you, they think. They want you to feel good about voting for me, so they tell you I'm a man of the people. I'll tell you that, too.

But inside, I'm thinking how it must really be sad to be someone who isn't like me. Who doesn't have the money, the big house, and the liberal elites loving me. Who can't afford to send their kids to private school. (Our schools in Chicago are really bad -- you might think a politician like me would have fixed that problem.)

This November, you can either vote for me, or all your friends will think you're dumb. Their favorite actors and musicians told them to think this way. Either way, I still have my big house, money and liberal elites. What do you have? You're not as cool as I am.

I'm Barack Obama, and I want you to vote for me this November.

Who Am I? (http://anti-globalism.blogspot.com/2008/10/who-am-i.html)

Yeah, that about sums it up for me ;)

Kade
10-23-2008, 11:16 AM
Yeah, that about sums it up for me ;)

Laughable. So what if he sends his kids to private school? He didn't marry wealthy, and he has nowhere near as much money as McCain. He went to Harvard on his merit, not on his wealth.

How did John McCain become a pilot? How did he get into the Naval Academy?

Do you research this stuff? Do you even know what you are talking about..

I hope Obama is elite. If he is to be president, we need elite.

dannno
10-23-2008, 11:30 AM

:rolleyes:

AutoDas
10-23-2008, 11:41 AM

e·lite

noun (plural e·lites)

Definition:

1. privileged minority: a small group of people within a larger group who have more power, social standing, wealth, or talent than the rest of the group ( takes a singular or plural verb )

MSN Encarta (http://encarta.msn.com/dictionary_1861607959/elite.html)

sailor
10-23-2008, 02:14 PM
So what if he sends his kids to private school?

It is not a problem at all. Until he starts telling us he is the man of the people.

The people can`t afford that sort of schools so he must be janking our chain.

And we, the people don`t like it when privately schooled elites jank our chain.

Get it?

mediahasyou
10-23-2008, 02:18 PM

http://ui07.gamespot.com/1894/lolwut_2.jpg

http://www.progarchives.com/forum/uploads/18240/lolwut.jpg

Kludge
10-23-2008, 06:30 PM
It is not a problem at all. Until he starts telling us he is the man of the people.

The people can`t afford that sort of schools so he must be janking our chain.

And we, the people don`t like it when privately schooled elites jank our chain.

Get it?

"jank" is not a word "we, the people" use. Thus, your argument is void as you are deemed an elitist by "we, the people" (It seems I can speak on behalf of the entire collective because I'm a member! Still can't make many Jew jokes though.... :( ).

Andrew-Austin
10-23-2008, 06:37 PM
Laughable. So what if he sends his kids to private school? He didn't marry wealthy, and he has nowhere near as much money as McCain. He went to Harvard on his merit, not on his wealth.

How did John McCain become a pilot? How did he get into the Naval Academy?

Do you research this stuff? Do you even know what you are talking about..

In case the OP didn't know, belittling Obama is automatically an endorsement of John McCain.

Kludge
10-23-2008, 06:40 PM
In case the OP didn't know, belittling Obama is automatically an endorsement of John McCain.

It's a legitimate attack. McCain and Obama (McBama) are the only two presidential candidates with a "real" chance at winning the election. It is thus intellectually dishonest not to include both of them in an attack, especially when the one attacked isn't "worse" than the other.

Zippyjuan
10-23-2008, 07:38 PM
Frankly I would like the idea of a well educated person in charge of the country. The same as I would like a well educated doctor to do a heart transplant if I needed one. Jefferson was a very elite person in his day. If you want "of the people" then go for Palin.

McCain was near the bottom of his class at the Naval Academy (894 out of 899) and admits that. George W. went to Yale but was a below average student too. He only got in because his father went there. Yale does not list class rankings.

The Republicans are trying to portray Obama as Elite in a negative conotation- that he does not understand what the average citizen thinks. But elite can also mean highly qualified. Ask John McCain if he would rather have an elite pilot as his wingman or an average joe. I think he would take the elite pilot. We need an elite pilot to help guide us through this mess we are in.

Kludge
10-23-2008, 08:48 PM
These fellows looks proletarian enough to represent us!

http://www.dudeswithdogs.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/fat-guys-in-a-pool.jpg

Kade
10-24-2008, 08:11 AM
these fellows looks proletarian enough to represent us!

http://www.dudeswithdogs.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/fat-guys-in-a-pool.jpg

Daftek?