PDA

View Full Version : Are You Smarter Than A Ghoul?

Kade
10-23-2008, 07:27 AM
"You need to know that Barack Obama opposes mandatory prison sentences for sex offenders, drug dealers, and murderers," Giuliani says in the call. "It's true, I read Obama's words myself. And recently, congressional liberals introduced a bill to eliminate mandatory prison sentences for violent criminals — trying to give liberal judges the power to decide whether criminals are sent to jail or set free."

New Guiliani Robocall.

All bias aside, does anyone want to step up to the plate and tell us what is wrong with this?

acptulsa
10-23-2008, 07:32 AM
I didn't want to hear what 9iu11iani has to say and I don't have the foggiest notion why anyone else would listen to the bastard, either. That go deep enough?

constituent
10-23-2008, 07:34 AM
it makes it clear that goolioni is not a conservative?

Kade
10-23-2008, 07:37 AM
Keep going. This isn't about bias. This is about what is wrong with the content.

acptulsa
10-23-2008, 07:39 AM
Keep going. This isn't about bias. This is about what is wrong with the content.

It's too early for a pop quiz, Kade. You say ol' Rudy lied when he recorded this? I say, of course! He had to move his lips.

Kade
10-23-2008, 07:42 AM
Well, let me ask you this...

What is burden of proof, or presumption of innocence?

see Coffin v. United States

MRoCkEd
10-23-2008, 07:46 AM
innocent until proven guilty?

acptulsa
10-23-2008, 07:50 AM
Well, let me ask you this...

What is burden of proof, or presumption of innocence?

see Coffin v. United States

Without digging up the Coffin reference, I assume you're looking for the phrase 'beyond a reasonable doubt'. But I don't see where it fits. Unless you're questioning his statement that liberal judges don't have the power to decide whether criminals are set free now, or his failure to use the phrase 'alleged criminals'...

Remember, juries rightfully seperate alleged criminals from criminals. Judges generally only do so in misdemeanor cases.

Kade
10-23-2008, 08:01 AM
innocent until proven guilty?

Of course....

Think about what he is saying here... this is a test of simple abstract thought. This will help you view the world through the eyes of an informed and rational person.

Does a judge have a right to allow a person innocent of murder to be let free?

The entire statement is predicated on a clustered set of false premises. Forget that mandatory sentencing is a joke, our system of law is built around a complex set of guidelines.

People guilty of the crime of First Degree Murder, are almost NEVER given less than what the jury of their peers suggests, and are never just let free.

In this entire robocall, it seems as if the judgment has been made, as in, these are guilty people, and they are to be set free.

Flawed thinking, flawed way of putting it. It's rather disgraceful

acptulsa
10-23-2008, 08:04 AM
It isn't as disgraceful as the unConstitutional seizure of assets now built into the drug laws. Ever hear of the grandparents who lost the house they bought before their dealer of a grandson was even born? That house was paid for by their unborn grandchild's drug profits, don't ya know... :rolleyes:

MRoCkEd
10-23-2008, 08:04 AM
so basically he is missing the word "alleged"?