PDA

View Full Version : French TV archive releases McCain POW video

tropicangela
10-23-2008, 05:17 AM
Video: http://www.ina.fr/archivespourtous/index.php?vue=rdv_std#

updated 4:02 p.m. ET, Wed., Oct. 22, 2008

PARIS - A French national archive has posted online extended footage of Republican presidential candidate Sen. John McCain being interviewed as a bedridden prisoner during the Vietnam War.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27326373/

bubbleboy
10-23-2008, 06:10 AM
what happened to the torture? lol what a liar. The video says he was taken to the hospital immediately, not the history channel version were he was tortured for a while before realizing he was an admirals son. Not a mark on his face.
Seems like i say a clip of the head hanoi leader interviewed on BBC stating all this untruth about torture, he said they were friends and he would vote for him!!
People are soooo gullible.

lodge939
10-23-2008, 09:10 AM
what happened to the torture? lol what a liar. The video says he was taken to the hospital immediately, not the history channel version were he was tortured for a while before realizing he was an admirals son. Not a mark on his face.
Seems like i say a clip of the head hanoi leader interviewed on BBC stating all this untruth about torture, he said they were friends and he would vote for him!!
People are soooo gullible.Shut up.

Kade
10-23-2008, 09:11 AM
Shut up.

No, I think you should shut up.

lodge939
10-23-2008, 09:13 AM
No, I think you should shut up.I'm surrounded by conspiracy nuts :(

MRoCkEd
10-23-2008, 09:14 AM
are you saying he wasn't tortured?
isn't that why he can't lift his arms very high?

lodge939
He was never tortured! He cant lift his arms because deh zionist illuminatis are controlling himz thru the force!

acptulsa
The Dutch released video of him shortly after being released from p.o.w. camp. Despite his apparent inability to raise his arms today, he sure pulled off a snappy salute at that time...

Kade
I'm surrounded by conspiracy nuts :(

That's how I feel. If you are not one of them, then I take back what I said.

acptulsa
10-23-2008, 09:16 AM
lodge, you have now insulted, provided an ad hominem attack and mocked. Have anything to actually say, or should we just ignore you?

Kade
10-23-2008, 09:19 AM
Sure he was tortured. It's not a conspiracy. The abuse of this stupid story is what boils me... it goes on and on... He was treated better than most prisoners. Fact.
He was given the same opportunity to confess to crimes and return home, and like EVERY soldier POW, he refused. Fact.

He has crashed seven planes in his life, and almost sunk an aircraft carrier. Fact.

If his ability to get captured is honored and respected, we should "honor" and respect his inability to fly, and his meteoric rise through the ranks from pure nepotism ending when his father did.

The same attacks that were against John Kerry ought to be applied to John McCain.

Think about, know any other Vietnam Veteran who married wealthy and then used that money to launch a political career?

lodge939
10-23-2008, 09:19 AM
lodge, you have now insulted, provided an ad hominem attack and mocked. Have anything to actually say, or should we just ignore you?Ignore me. I'm actually a puppet sent through the matrix to further the zionist agenda

hypnagogue
10-23-2008, 03:12 PM
This forum has been getting steadily more difficult to read since the Paul campaign officially ended.

dannno
10-23-2008, 03:21 PM

Apparently that's from one of the many planes he crashed. He screwed up on the ejection.

Alawn
10-23-2008, 03:39 PM

He can't move his arm high because he crashed his plane.

Kade
10-24-2008, 08:26 AM

Seven planes.

acptulsa
10-24-2008, 08:41 AM
Seven planes.

Aw, now... One of them was actually shot down...

Kade
10-24-2008, 08:46 AM
Aw, now... One of them was actually shot down...

Yes, the 5,000 ft. nose dive he performed, to hit a target that survived, all the while his warning system notifying him that he was being locked by a surface to air.

The brilliance. The essence. The feel, of McCain.

acptulsa
10-24-2008, 08:51 AM
Yes, the 5,000 ft. nose dive he performed, to hit a target that survived, all the while his warning system notifying him that he was being locked by a surface to air.

The brilliance. The essence. The feel, of McCain.

The same sort of all-American stick-to-itiveness that has enabled him to pilot this presidential campaign right down to its embarassing and painful conclusion...

Kade
10-24-2008, 08:57 AM
The same sort of all-American stick-to-itiveness that has enabled him to pilot this presidential campaign right down to its embarassing and painful conclusion...

Haha!

And like the Nuclear Power Plant, the new target survives.

acptulsa
10-24-2008, 09:00 AM
Haha!

And like the Nuclear Power Plant, the new target survives.

Speaking of nuclear power, has anyone but me noticed that he's talking about sixty years of reactor-fired boilers in the U.S. Navy? I could have sworn that the first we saw of that was about 1961...

orafi
10-24-2008, 09:01 AM

injuries from the plane crash?

or maybe his muscles are too big for him to touch his shoulders?

Kade
10-24-2008, 09:02 AM
Speaking of nuclear power, has anyone but me noticed that he's talking about sixty years of reactor-fired boilers in the U.S. Navy? I could have sworn that the first we saw of that was about 1961...

I can't really stand to listen to either of them anymore... but his solution for the general public's desired solution of energy dependence appears to be predicated on half a century old concepts and ideas... indeed.

klamath
10-24-2008, 09:47 AM
Sure he was tortured. It's not a conspiracy. The abuse of this stupid story is what boils me... it goes on and on... He was treated better than most prisoners. Fact.
He was given the same opportunity to confess to crimes and return home, and like EVERY soldier POW, he refused. Fact.

He has crashed seven planes in his life, and almost sunk an aircraft carrier. Fact.

If his ability to get captured is honored and respected, we should "honor" and respect his inability to fly, and his meteoric rise through the ranks from pure nepotism ending when his father did.

The same attacks that were against John Kerry ought to be applied to John McCain.

Think about, know any other Vietnam Veteran who married wealthy and then used that money to launch a political career?

Damn Kade, I am proud of you.

Yeaw I have to laugh at the seven planes wreaked. Boy in my unit a pilot would have been FEBed (flight evaluation boad) quicker than hell with one crash and a non flight status officer position after the 2nd for sure. Naw there wasn't any nepotism there:rolleyes:

MRoCkEd
10-24-2008, 09:51 AM
Wow - wish I knew this when people told me it was because the vietnamese constantly broke his arms.
Source?

acptulsa
10-24-2008, 10:42 AM
Naw there wasn't any nepotism there:rolleyes:

Nor in the Forrestal incident court martial. It wasn't just that he did a wet start that started a fire on the deck and bailed so fast he hit the tank drop control on the way. Couldn't have been. Never mind that the fire was behind his aircraft (else he'd have never escaped) and the fuel tank the missile is alleged to have hit is above and slightly ahead of the wings...

ClockwiseSpark
10-24-2008, 12:10 PM
Wow - wish I knew this when people told me it was because the vietnamese constantly broke his arms.
Source?

The date was Oct. 26, 1967. I was on my 23rd mission, flying right over the heart of Hanoi in a dive at about 4,500 feet, when a Russian missile the size of a telephone pole came up—the sky was full of them—and blew the right wing off my Skyhawk dive bomber. It went into an inverted, almost straight-down spin.

I pulled the ejection handle, and was knocked unconscious by the force of the ejection—the air speed was about 500 knots. I didn't realize it at the moment, but I had broken my right leg around the knee, my right arm in three places, and my left arm. I regained consciousness just before I landed by parachute in a lake right in the corner of Hanoi, one they called the Western Lake. My helmet and my oxygen mask had been blown off.

http://www.usnews.com/articles/news/2008/01/28/john-mccain-prisoner-of-war-a-first-person-account.html

http://www.usvetdsp.com/mcianhro.htm

libertarian4321
10-27-2008, 12:09 AM

McCain has suffered repetitive stress injury in his arms due to repeatedly patting himself on the back.