PDA

View Full Version : Georgia Senate debate includes Libertarian

RSLudlum
10-22-2008, 07:54 PM
The debate is airing right now on CSPAN with three candidates including a Libertarian named Allen Buckley.

nobody's_hero
10-22-2008, 08:32 PM
Damn, I think I missed this.

Well, I guess I'll catch the last few minutes.

RSLudlum
10-22-2008, 08:32 PM
Damn, I think I missed this.

it's still on right now

nobody's_hero
10-22-2008, 08:35 PM
How's Buckley been doing?

I just checked the chat room, no one's been watching it.

RSLudlum
10-22-2008, 08:38 PM
He's doing alright. He's really been attacking the Fair Tax.

nobody's_hero
10-22-2008, 08:45 PM
Man, Buckley really lays it on thick with the personal attacks. "Chambliss is not a great senator," may be a true statement, but, ouch.

evilfunnystuff
10-22-2008, 09:06 PM
Man, Buckley really lays it on thick with the personal attacks. "Chambliss is not a great senator," may be a true statement, but, ouch.

dunno if that is really a personal attack

i would have probly said this dudes a fuckin ass hat lol

adara7537
10-22-2008, 09:10 PM
Man I missed it :(

nobody's_hero
10-22-2008, 09:11 PM

Well, I'm inclined to agree.

I just think Buckley could have spent more time explaining his view points.

He still has my vote.

evilfunnystuff
10-22-2008, 09:17 PM
I just think Buckley could have spent more time explaining his view points.

yeah so are ya sayin he didnt do too well or just he could have done better.

i regretably didnt get to see it

nobody's_hero
10-22-2008, 09:23 PM
yeah so are ya sayin he didnt do too well or just he could have done better.

i regretably didnt get to see it

Well, I only caught the last few questions. I really can't say for sure how well he did overall.

RSLudlum might know more about it.

I'll keep an eye out to see if it this debate shows up on the net. If it does, I'll post it here.

evilfunnystuff
10-22-2008, 09:28 PM
sweet thanx

nobody's_hero
10-23-2008, 12:04 PM
Okay, Georgians. This is it (Open this one with your volume turned down at first):

http://www.c-spanarchives.org/library/index.php?main_page=product_video_info&products_id=281910-1&showVid=true

I thought he was tough on Chambliss in that debate, but then I went to Allen Buckley's website and watched the GA National Fairgrounds debate, located in two parts here:

http://buckleyforsenate.com/debates.asp

In part two of this debate, Buckley actually comes right out and asks Chambliss if he is "incompetent."

I mean, I've wanted to stick my boot up some Congress critter butts too, but, wow. :p

Buckley does seem to have a pretty firm grasp on our economic situation. I think his ideas are well thought out (though I disagree with some), but I also think that they'd be best implemented on a State-level. We do desperately need to cut spending at the Federal level.

He does have a very cheesy slogan too, "I am the best candidate for today and tomorrow!" :o

Having said all of that, I predict that Jim Martin will take Chambliss's place.

EDIT: Chambliss's lies just piss me off sometimes

EDIT#2: Lol, I just realized Jim Martin might have messed up on his closing statement. "A United States senator needs to stand up for the middle class, and not the special interests in Washington; I won't, but Saxby will." — D'oh, it sounds like he meant something else there.

jeepndesert
10-23-2008, 11:34 PM

a fuckin' ass hat would be the truth.

jeepndesert
10-23-2008, 11:51 PM
Okay, Georgians. This is it (Open this one with your volume turned down at first):

http://www.c-spanarchives.org/library/index.php?main_page=product_video_info&products_id=281910-1&showVid=true

I wish I didn't watch this. It felt like the twilight zone. The Libertarian was debating against the Fair Tax and the Republican was debating for it.

I will admit as a geolibertarian the Fair Tax could be made more fair by implementing a 10% corporate tax, land value tax, non-renewable resource tax, and fair trade tariffs, in addition to the 23% inclusive sales tax, with all of those taxes being used to make the Fair Tax more progressive with a higher monthly prebate of $600-800, with the justification that people have equal access to land and natural resources ownership.

I really would vote none of the above in this race. I'll have to vote for Jim Martin just because Saxby Chambliss voted for the bailout. Saxby Chambliss talked good, but his vote proves it was all lies.

nobody's_hero
10-24-2008, 03:40 AM
I wish I didn't watch this. It felt like the twilight zone. The Libertarian was debating against the Fair Tax and the Republican was debating for it.

I will admit as a geolibertarian the Fair Tax could be made more fair by implementing a 10% corporate tax, land value tax, non-renewable resource tax, and fair trade tariffs, in addition to the 23% inclusive sales tax, with all of those taxes being used to make the Fair Tax more progressive with a higher monthly prebate of $600-800, with the justification that people have equal access to land and natural resources ownership.

I really would vote none of the above in this race. I'll have to vote for Jim Martin just because Saxby Chambliss voted for the bailout. Saxby Chambliss talked good, but his vote proves it was all lies.

Haha, I know what you mean about that fair tax deal.

I think Buckley's point that he tries to convey is that if we come up with some other scheme of taxation without cutting the excessive spending by our government, we're not going to solve anything.

So many people will vote for the guy who says "Low Taxes and tax breaks!". There's a bit more to it than that.

I just wish that Buckley didn't get so bogged down in these details that he befuddles a lot of listeners. I mean, I am not a tax lawyer; I don't speak the language. I only know that our government needs to cut spending.

jeepndesert
10-24-2008, 07:19 PM
ya, he should have just criticized spending, not the fair tax.