PDA

View Full Version : Q3 Fund Raising Results?

noxagol
09-06-2007, 10:00 PM
When do we learn of the results from 3 Quarter fund raising?

wgadget
09-06-2007, 10:03 PM
I read somewhere it was October 15.

Chester Copperpot
09-06-2007, 10:04 PM
I read somewhere it was October 15.

I predict conservatively that he will have $7 Million in the bank.

wgadget
09-06-2007, 10:06 PM
Wow, that would be great. Does that include all his new supporters' donations?

Original_Intent
09-06-2007, 10:08 PM
I predict conservatively that he will have $7 Million in the bank.

That is not conservative

RonPaul has been spending a lot more this quarter, I would say a conservative guess is that we raised as much in Q3 as Q2 and have 3 mill in the bank.

I don't see how 7 mill can be considered conservative. If you know something I don't, please share!

kylejack
09-06-2007, 10:08 PM
Wow, that would be great. Does that include all his new supporters' donations?

No, because it is a random guess.

I'm thinking more like $3 million raised, $4 million banked.

FSP-Rebel
09-06-2007, 10:16 PM
No, because it is a random guess.

I'm thinking more like $3 million raised, $4 million banked.
Yeah, I would way no less.

Richandler
09-06-2007, 10:18 PM
There is no point in guessing right now. It's irrelevant. We do need to know our goal. That goal is $10 million raised. I know it's a huge task but we have to contribute all we can and get others to do so too. We've got to remain positive and optimistic. We need to show the other candidates we are serious. Get everyone you know to put $25 in. I know when he comes to CA on the 12th and 13th he's going to raise a huge about with the breakfast, lunch and dinner combo.

Hook
09-06-2007, 10:19 PM
That is not conservative

RonPaul has been spending a lot more this quarter, I would say a conservative guess is that we raised as much in Q3 as Q2 and have 3 mill in the bank.

I don't see how 7 mill can be considered conservative. If you know something I don't, please share!

What is Ron spending money on? He hasn't bought any commercials yet has he?

DjLoTi
09-06-2007, 10:21 PM
staff and stuff.

kylejack
09-06-2007, 10:26 PM
What is Ron spending money on? He hasn't bought any commercials yet has he?

Charter buses in Texas, campaign HQ in D.C., slim jims...you know...stuff.

ghemminger
09-06-2007, 11:01 PM
We all know that predicting these number are damaging to the campaign

Paul4Prez
09-06-2007, 11:26 PM
I won't predict a number, but I will throw out a few reasons why Q3 should be well ahead of Q2 in fundraising:

1. He's been having high-dollar fund-raisers along with every rally -- Pennsylvania, Iowa, South Carolina, Texas, etc.

2. His birthday on 8/20 was a big day for donations.

3. The Meetup contest provided a boost in donations.

4. Last night's debate was watched by 3 times as many people as any of the other debates, and Ron Paul got more publicity afterward. His donations following the previous debates were good, too.

5. Ron Paul web traffic is through the roof today....

CasualApathy
09-06-2007, 11:35 PM
5. Ron Paul web traffic is through the roof today....

Do you have a link handy?

QWE
09-07-2007, 02:45 AM
Just assuming the linear regression rate of day-by-day donations from Q2 continue, Q3 should be at least 4.5 million. I would guess more.

Harry96
09-07-2007, 05:38 AM
Everything is speculation.

But Dr. Paul got a big surge in donations after at least one of the other debates. With him getting so much time to speak Wednesday, and with the debate's high ratings, I'd be shocked if that isn't happening again now.

Plus there are supposed to be two more debates this month (actually three, but a lot of people don't get Sky Angel; I don't): One on PBS and the other on NBC, which is the first prime-time network debate.

Cowlesy
09-07-2007, 05:46 AM
Yeah the campaign is staffing up with people to help us get Ron on the ballot and for us to become delegates. They've retained law firms to keep up on all the primary states' election laws, which are different in each state. The burn rate will be higher, but it is absolutely necessary.

noxagol
09-07-2007, 07:02 AM
Yeah the campaign is staffing up with people to help us get Ron on the ballot and for us to become delegates. They've retained law firms to keep up on all the primary states' election laws, which are different in each state. The burn rate will be higher, but it is absolutely necessary.

Yeah, but it will still beat the pants off of the other guys burn rates. The only reason any of them are still in the running money wise is because they have their own millions they can't donate to themselves. Romney used like 8million of his own money last quarter IIRC.