PDA

View Full Version : Cheap, bulk food?

LibertiORDeth
10-22-2008, 07:12 PM
Looking for food that provides the necessary nutrients in bulk that stores well, like honey or beans. Any link? Price>quality in my situation...

ryanduff
10-22-2008, 07:15 PM
I've been stocking up from the local wholesale club the past few weeks. I have most of the main items to live on: pasta and rice for meals, flour and sugar for baking, etc. It's about the same or a little bit cheaper than buying in the grocery store during a sale. Its also easier to buy in larger quantities instead of having to buy a whole shelf of items. I've been buying about $100-200 in food there every week or so for the past month.

Zera
10-22-2008, 07:15 PM
Oats. You simply microwave them and eat them. For some sweetness, sugar free syrup is pretty good.

ItsTime
10-22-2008, 07:19 PM
What my family did was buy 3 months worth of canned goods, pasta, meats (frozen), water only pancake mix things like that and are just using them then when we do our weekly shopping we replace them. Most canned goods will last a year or more. And using our system your storage will never go bad.

We did find that walmart was cheaper than BJs.

Dojo
10-22-2008, 07:24 PM
The BEST bulk Honey............ http://www.dakotahoney.com/

Excepts PayPal and delivery is quick. A very mild sweet taste I love it and order from them all the time

Danke
10-22-2008, 07:34 PM
I recently went to Sam's Club (they are running a $10 membership special good until Dec. 31)

The shit is cheap!

I'm buying Oxygen Absorbers online (ebay) for storage.

Also, efoodsdirect.com has Wheat, Beans, Rice, etc. not listed on their website that is already Carbon Dioxide (?) sealed to last a long, long time.

Shipping isn't cheap, but even including shipping, I couldn't find some of that stuff any cheaper locally. (though I didn't look that hard).