PDA

View Full Version : Karl Rove...Attempted arrest by...

psalm82x3
10-22-2008, 06:05 PM
Code Pink?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ba9yZax64A

cheapseats
10-22-2008, 07:42 PM
Looky here from my August '07 files. This would be from before the Bill Maher Board suddenly and mysteriously went kaput.

I agree with those who those who say that Karl Rove isn't all that, intellectually. What distinguishes him more than anything, I-hope-in-a-perverse-way, is that he forged a lucrative and notorious and influential career out of base instincts that most of us strive our whole lifetimes to refine and amend and restrain and eliminate. Karl Rove is despicable, in the manner of Rasputin.

Not to say he isn't smart, though, and not to say he is lazy. I believe that Karl Rove is dangerously smart and is always doing his thing, in the manner of a shark.

But another thing occurred to me. My money says that the same guys who are unpopular now were unpopular back in college and, before that, in high school. As a parent, it would not surprise me to learn that they were vaguely rejected by their peers and chronically odd in their environments from the age that marks their steady, formalized socialization... kindergarten, probably.

Newsflash, Fellas. A bunch of us who grew up with you guys, and who went to school with you guys, and who didn't like you then, and who don't like you now, but who have been too busy chasing dollars instead of dreams to pay much attention to your antics and schemes? WE ARE SO ON TO YOU. We are now becoming increasingly aware, and increasingly involved, and increasingly revolted, and you are SO going down. You weren't wanted AT parties then, you aren't wanted IN parties now.

I agree with the people who say that you will go on to a cushy career screwing over...I'd say other people but it's more likely that some of us are gonna get screwed by you again. No American should be expected to endure you twice.

Karl Rove, Bush Groupie, you were instrumental in landing us in a terrible dilemma…all this war and debt and corruption and friction. We are parents who CLEARLY don't believe in consequences, much less corporal punishment. Still, even generally relaxed and groovy parents can see, in the sheer audacity and volume of your activity, that someone will HAVE to be made an example of, or We The Parents are going to lose control of the House.

Our House, our Rules...that's a Family Value ditty, isn’t it? I am talking to you, Mr. Rove...YOU are the example. You aren’t really one of them…I expect they’ll let you take the fall, certainly they will if it comes down to you or them,

Rumsfeld already got away. He looks unwell, though, like death may be near. Not a moment too soon, as far as I’m concerned. Good riddance to bad rubbish. Cheney will FOR SURE get away, if he lives…even a person of only nodding acquaintance with medicine will glean that he is not long for this world. Not a moment too soon, as far as I’m concerned. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Wolfowitz...scumbag with a Middle Eastern national girlfriend upon whom he foisted riches and prestige, at taxpayer expense, in return for her sexual favors and whose highest level Security Clearance has never been explained…after next disgracing himself at the World Bank, was invited by Condoleeza Rice to return to the State Department. Is anyone but me noticing that rich, white men...no matter how ugly, no matter how fat, no matter how rude…never want for work or women?

I declare right now that I, for one, as often and as eloquently as I can manage, will HOUND whatever company, whatever industry, whatever interest or person extends sanctuary or compensation to you. Not another country, of course. Another country always seems like the right place for the citizens of one country to exile their villains.

If a company shall hire you, I shall spend the balance of my life proclaiming as loudly and as often as I can gain forum that the company is sleazy and without principle, reflecting poorly upon its executives, its product beneath patronage.

If an industry shall hire you as a lobbyist, I shall respond by relentlessly reminding people that the motives of the entire industry should always be viewed with closest scrutiny, that the practices of the industry should always be subjected to ironclad regulation, and that the industry hierarchy should always be be regarded with gravest suspicion.

Karl Rove, I will condemn anyone who hires you as surely as we condemn countries that harbor terrorists. I understand that this harshness specifically and that condemnation conceptually offends some people, including some I respect. I regret that, but I accept it. Collateral damage. I'll brook no bleeding heart arguments about "unfairly" denying you an income, or putting people out of work, or censorship, or discrimination, or lack of forgiveness. I believe all but the creepiest ideological leanings should be in militant agreement that you, Karl Rove, ought not to be able to trade on the debacle of which you were an architect and that you, Karl Rove, should never return to American politics. Must we be mad, just because you are?

After everything you did and everything you hid, any business/industry/interest/person that hires Karl Rove should be scorned by an electorate determined to re-instill Ethics in Government and Life.

Yeah, yeah, I know, Chubster. You've "got a bead" on me. You can "take me out." In truth, I am afraid that dissidents will begin mysteriously to disappear, and to have freak accidents, and to die unexpectedly. I am scared alright, but not of you. Some heads are going to roll, I think, and your head actually looks the roundest. Plus, you're an Asshole.

Fuck Karl Rove. There's a bumper sticker, right there. If this country can finally gather opinion strong enough to compel a MegaMerchant to drop married-Kobe-Bryant-of-the-rape-charges as a character worthy of endorsement dollars, I believe we can persuade bigger and more illustrious Money Men to give Karl Rove the cold shoulder. It probably won't last...look at 9/11...people are quick to forget, quicker if it's convenient.

But when I mean to, I have a memory like a steel trap. Life will go on and you’ll think you’re cool and, suddenly, there I'll be…railing to consumers that their wallets are their voices...that people DO have power...and that people do NOT have to do business with companies that insult them. I will relentlessly beat the drum that hiring Karl Rove is like screaming Fuck You to humanity.

It's worse than deliberately choosing a former Nazi for Pope, it's deliberately choosing an asshole for profit. Been there, done that.

Go East, Menopausal Man.

cheapseats
10-22-2008, 07:50 PM
The Architect of the Bush Administration is a college dropout. So smitten was he when he met our Young George, that he promptly abandoned his studies at the University of Utah in order to devote himself to Republican Causes.