PDA

View Full Version : Jesus Schooling Pastor Huckabee In A Debate

max
09-06-2007, 09:49 PM
Mike Hucksterbee is a Christian Minister. But me thinks his theology has gotten a little rusty. I'd like to see Jesus school this phony preacher in a debate:

JESUS:
"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God" (Matthew 5:9)

RUDY: HA HA HA HA HA HA

PASTOR HUCKSTERBEE:
"Our honor is more important than peace."

FOX AUDIENCE: YAY!!!!!!

JESUS:
"all they that live by the sword shall perish with the sword."
—Matthew 26:52

RUDY: HA HA HA HA HA HA

PASTOR HUCKSTERBEE:
"You un-American liberal."

FOX AUDIENCE: YAY!!!!!!

SEAN HANNITTY: Jesus is winning our text message poll. Here we go again...loaves and fishes miracle all over again...3 text messages turning in 50,000......

jjschless
09-06-2007, 09:53 PM
LOL!!

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=16429

Corydoras
09-06-2007, 09:56 PM
Oh, that's good!
:D

Marceline88
09-06-2007, 09:56 PM
Awesome! Totally agreed. Why don't a lot of good Christians actually listen to their Savior. I often wonder.....who would Jesus bomb?

max
09-06-2007, 10:04 PM
Awesome! Totally agreed. Why don't a lot of good Christians actually listen to their Savior. I often wonder.....who would Jesus bomb?

u just gave me an idea for a church flyer...

who would jesus bomb...

list a bunch of jesus quotes maybe...

what do u think?...Too strong?

disinter
09-06-2007, 10:08 PM
Huckabee’s church tells flock to pray for the death of his oppenents

http://disinter.wordpress.com/2007/09/06/huckabees-church-tells-flock-to-pray-for-the-death-of-his-oppenents/

Vvick727
09-06-2007, 10:11 PM
Well... I'm guessing Jesus probably would've turned the other cheek after 9/11. I think we should've gone after Osama.

If Russia, China, and all of Europe attacked us, I seriously would not want to turn the other cheek.

That, and his statement about the meek...
meek:
1. humbly patient or docile, as under provocation from others.
2. overly submissive or compliant; spiritless; tame.

I'm pretty sure that's what we SHOULDN'T be.

I think bringing Jesus into this might make things a bit shakey

lucius
09-06-2007, 10:12 PM
Thank you for this...first laugh I have had all day! :D

max
09-06-2007, 10:13 PM
Well... I'm guessing Jesus probably would've turned the other cheek after 9/11. I think we should've gone after Osama.

If Russia, China, and all of Europe attacked us, I seriously would not want to turn the other cheek.

meek:

I'm pretty sure that's what we SHOULDN'T be.

I think bringing Jesus into this might make things a bit shakey

i not a pacifist by any means....but the war in iraq and soon iran do not live up to christian doctrine of just war

nayjevin
09-06-2007, 10:17 PM
meek:

without the greek or aramaic word that was translated to 'meek' and it's definition, analyzing meaning at this depth doesn't get us very far.

bbachtung
09-06-2007, 10:20 PM
The Rudy bits added that last bit of comic genius.

max, I am shocked that you asked whether one of your ideas sounded too extreme. I count on you to be the extremist political guerilla of NJ. If you question how extreme something is, then it has to be extreme.

Vvick727
09-06-2007, 10:20 PM
alright, well i'm not christian, so i'm not sure of everything.

if christianity preaches to have only just wars, then it works in our favor.

but there are probably other quotes by Jesus that could be turned against us

max
09-06-2007, 10:22 PM
The Rudy bits added that last bit of comic genius.

max, I am shocked that you asked whether one of your ideas sounded too extreme. I count on you to be the extremist political guerilla of NJ. If you question how extreme something is, then it has to be extreme.

As I get to know more of you people...the sensitive side of me is emerging.

Don't worry..it wont last...

You need out-of-control people like me to counterbalance the overly cautious ones....In the end...it makes a good mix

Marceline88
09-06-2007, 10:27 PM
u just gave me an idea for a church flyer...

who would jesus bomb...

list a bunch of jesus quotes maybe...

what do u think?...Too strong?

I don't think it too strong at all. WWJD....LOL But what do I know, I am a silly bleedin' heart peacenik who believes Jesus was a Revolutionary who came to tear down the old and bring us the new through his teachings and example.

I think not listening to His words are the heart of the problem we have with the good Christians who take their marching orders from the NeoCon agenda. They are mixed up as to whom they should be serving. I choose the Prince of Peace personally.

We are in the "fight" phase of this campaign now.....bring out the big guns so to speak....the biggest one of all, Christ. And redemption shall follow. :D

axiomata
09-06-2007, 10:28 PM
If anyone is interesting in reading Aquinas' Just War Theory: http://www.newadvent.org/summa/3040.htm

fj45lvr
09-06-2007, 10:32 PM
alright, well i'm not christian, so i'm not sure of everything.

if christianity preaches to have only just wars, then it works in our favor.

but there are probably other quotes by Jesus that could be turned against us

The fundamental issue becomes to these people the Idea that all the "bad" results are on Saddam's shoulders alone...and the U.S. and allies have their "hands washed" because they gave the "out" that was rejected.

Of course it is more complex than that when you try to explain how the rest of the area deals with "human rights" and what they themselves did to avert killing and hatred. the people of IRAQ bear alot of blame too IMHO for allowing themselves to go along as well as the Israelis..Jordanians, Syrians, Iranians, etc.

How much "wrong" has to occur in America for someone to do something??? Maybe seeing how others are completely dominated to "go along" needs to be something we think about....no doubt we are rife with all kinds of immorality surrounding and bombarding us all the time (a hard look into the dark side of western civilization almost makes one think that you could actually understand how other cultures could be taken back with any kind of "lecturing" from US....of course it has to do with the way things are "spun" here, there, and who does the "spinning"....we are the great satan you know (I could actually believe that too if shown the right stuff).

Corydoras
09-06-2007, 10:34 PM
there are probably other quotes by Jesus that could be turned against us

You're correct. Unfortunately, a lot of people read Romans 13:1-7 (not the words of Jesus, but part of the Christian scriptures) as meaning they should be sheeple. During WWII, a lot of European Christians in places like the Netherlands used that passage to justify obedience to the Nazis.

nayjevin
09-06-2007, 10:49 PM
Marceline88: believes Jesus was a Revolutionary who came to tear down the old and bring us the new through his teachings and example

as your wonderful post has also nicely done

phixonpolitics
09-06-2007, 10:51 PM
Turning the other cheek is in regards to personal honor types of things - kind of like if one slaps you on the cheek, don't accept the duel. If someone puts you down, say like accusing you of taking marching orders from al Qaeda, don't retort with a better tear down. (This is simply my take on it).
When Jesus and his disciples were walking to Jerusalem one time, a Samaritan city would not accept them so they could rest. The disciples asked "Lord, should we call fire down upon them?" They were rebuked (chastised) by Jesus saying that they didn't know what manner of spirit they spoke. So, I guess GWB asked the same question about Iraq but didn't wait for the answer. And neither has Huckabee.
And for those that say there's no chance, with the faith of a mustard seed, a man can say unto a mountain "Be rooted up and cast into the sea."
And also, for supporters of Ron Paul, do not weary in doing good.
One more thing: Huckabee might think he was espousing the true nature of honor by being loyal against all odds, but Ron Paul is the one that's actually standing against all odds for true honor. RP told him that the people are not behind "stay the course in Iraq" and the GOP had better listen. The proHucks think he pwnd RP because Huck said he's not loyal to the Republican party. However, in the same breath he said essentially the people be damned I will fight for the neoconservative platform-so he's loyal to the party after all.

fj45lvr
09-06-2007, 11:13 PM
I am a silly bleedin' heart peacenik who believes Jesus was a Revolutionary who came to tear down the old and bring us the new through his teachings and example.

I think not listening to His words are the heart of the problem we have with the good Christians who take their marching orders from the NeoCon agenda. They are mixed up as to whom they should be serving. I choose the Prince of Peace personally.

Yeah the judgement comes down alot harder on the "leaders" that lead the "sheep" astray. there is almost always some kind of universal "de-humanizing" or "villianization" or worse yet some kind of "end times prophecy fulfillment scenario"....I love the movie "letters from Iwo-Jima" for this reason because it drives home how people become "decieved" to ease their conscience as they "off" the people on the other side. It makes it so much easier to believe that they are all folks that love cutting off heads of infidels....instead of having guys there that actually know something about the culture and the history involved in the struggles and deceptions (on either side).

somewhat off topic is what I believe is a nearly universal truth that tells us alot about human nature....

I do believe that Jesus was indeed killed by the Romans because people are naturally threatened by "perfection"....so much so that they could do nothing but plot to kill it (perfection). This most assuredly was the case of the "Pharisees" (Jewish religious leaders) who plotted to kill Jesus because he so terribly EXPOSED THEM (he even said they were really just all neat and pretty on the outside but really dead and rotting on the inside and called them "the children of Satan" (a bummer for a son of Abraham) you got to love how he threw the moneychangers out of the Temple!! exposing those that had corrupted it ....I tend to find this true that when you are around people that act very humble but are indeed righteous, kind, gracious, "perfect"....you find yourself even disliking or hoping that some fault or skeleton turns up (or maybe thats just me)....this kind of generally exposes folks as to the reality of how imperfect or awful we are by comparison to perfection which leads to some really awful things done to "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" a right for Iranians, Iraqis, Israelis, and Americans.

lucius
09-06-2007, 11:36 PM
If anyone is interesting in reading Aquinas' Just War Theory: http://www.newadvent.org/summa/3040.htm

Cool, thank you so much! :)

LizF
09-07-2007, 12:12 AM
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/EPH/7736~WWJD-Posters.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.allposters.com/-sp/WWJD-Posters_i2357449_.htm&h=271&w=400&sz=47&hl=en&start=27&um=1&tbnid=CEUdRYmIwRdenM:&tbnh=84&tbnw=124&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dbush%2Bwwjd%26start%3D18%26ndsp%3D18% 26svnum%3D10%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26channel%3Ds%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26sa%3DN
http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/EPH/7736~WWJD-Posters.jpg

http://www.commiesutra.com/wp-content/images/iimage/wwjd.JPG

http://www.bartcop.com/jesus-gop.gif

james1906
09-07-2007, 01:17 AM
I've been wondering lately....if the neocons find the Constitution old and therefore irrelevant, how can they defend the Bible?

nexalacer
09-07-2007, 04:49 AM
You're correct. Unfortunately, a lot of people read Romans 13:1-7 (not the words of Jesus, but part of the Christian scriptures) as meaning they should be sheeple. During WWII, a lot of European Christians in places like the Netherlands used that passage to justify obedience to the Nazis.

This is why I say the bible ceased being the word of God as soon as the EMPEROR of the Roman Empire decided what should and what shouldn't be in it. The only word of God in that should be the words Jesus said, if you believe he is the son of God.

inibo
09-07-2007, 06:28 PM
without the greek or aramaic word that was translated to 'meek' and it's definition, analyzing meaning at this depth doesn't get us very far.

πραΰς

Transliteration

pra˙s

Pronunciation

prä-ü's

Part of Speech

adjective

Outline of Biblical Usage

1) mildness of disposition, gentleness of spirit, meekness
Meekness toward God is that disposition of spirit in which we accept His dealings with us as good, and therefore without disputing or resisting. In the OT, the meek are those wholly relying on God rather than their own strength to defend against injustice. Thus, meekness toward evil people means knowing God is permitting the injuries they inflict, that He is using them to purify His elect, and that He will deliver His elect in His time (Isa 41:17, Luk 18:1-8). Gentleness or meekness is the opposite to self-assertiveness and self-interest. It stems from trust in God's goodness and control over the situation. The gentle person is not occupied with self at all. This is a work of the Holy Spirit, not of the human will (Gal 5:23).

http://cf.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=G4239&Version=kjv

axiomata
09-07-2007, 06:38 PM
πραΰς

Transliteration

pra˙s

Pronunciation

prä-ü's

Part of Speech

adjective

Outline of Biblical Usage

1) mildness of disposition, gentleness of spirit, meekness
Meekness toward God is that disposition of spirit in which we accept His dealings with us as good, and therefore without disputing or resisting. In the OT, the meek are those wholly relying on God rather than their own strength to defend against injustice. Thus, meekness toward evil people means knowing God is permitting the injuries they inflict, that He is using them to purify His elect, and that He will deliver His elect in His time (Isa 41:17, Luk 18:1-8). Gentleness or meekness is the opposite to self-assertiveness and self-interest. It stems from trust in God's goodness and control over the situation. The gentle person is not occupied with self at all. This is a work of the Holy Spirit, not of the human will (Gal 5:23).

http://cf.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=G4239&Version=kjv
I love a good bible lesson. Thanks!

inibo
09-07-2007, 06:50 PM
I love a good bible lesson. Thanks!

You should have run into me back when I believed it. :D

Not to say that I don't still read and love it. I just don't think plenary, verbal inspiration and inerrancy stand up to scrutiny.

mannycp
09-07-2007, 07:02 PM

Funny!!!!!!!!!!

Shink
09-07-2007, 07:48 PM
Thank you for this...first laugh I have had all day! :D

I take it you haven't seen this. (http://img.inkfrog.com/pix/buffalokid777/fredphenomenon.jpg):cool: