PDA

View Full Version : Good argument for getting people to vote for a 3rd party candidate

qh4dotcom
10-22-2008, 03:32 PM
http://www.charlestoncitypaper.com/gyrobase/Content?oid=oid%3A53680

I have many Republican friends who are disgusted that I'm voting third party this election year. They believe stopping Barack Obama from becoming president outweighs all else. Meanwhile, I have many Democrat friends who are equally disgusted; for them, seeing John McCain defeated is more important than who wins. They are all wasting their votes.

Imagine a reckless teenager who constantly runs up his parents' credit cards, smashes the family car every Friday night, is failing in school, and has serious drinking and drug problems. Now imagine that no matter how reckless and dangerous that teenager became, his parents believed his behavior was worth tolerating simply because he was "their" kid. No reasonable person would consider this good parenting.

And yet this is exactly how otherwise reasonable people vote.

No matter how bad the Republican or Democrat nominee for president is, the party faithful support their own without fail. The message to politicians? They may lie, ignore their party's platform, and betray every supposed principle, but they will never be held accountable by most voters. Like the reckless teenager, there is simply no reason for them to stop their irresponsible behavior.

dannno
10-22-2008, 03:41 PM
Yup

georgiaboy
10-22-2008, 04:01 PM
thanks

TastyWheat
10-22-2008, 04:57 PM
They take your privacy, they take your sovereignty, they take your money, they take your children into endless wars, and you want to GIVE them your vote???

satchelmcqueen
10-22-2008, 05:03 PM
hey qh4dotcom!

here ya go brother in case you miss it.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=164412

no need to respond as i wont care.

dannno
10-22-2008, 05:05 PM
hey qh4dotcom!

here ya go brother in case you miss it.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=164412

no need to respond as i wont care.

I don't think the argument contained within this thread says anything about about voting for write-in.

TruthAtLast
10-22-2008, 05:26 PM
nice article. I don't agree with is only two litmus tests, but the beginning was great.

To me, responsible spending, sound money, constitutional legislature & powers and civil liberties are the top priorities. If I had to add two more it would be foreign policy & the welfare state, but I consider those part of the "spending" theme.

satchelmcqueen
10-22-2008, 07:32 PM
I don't think the argument contained within this thread says anything about about voting for write-in.

yeah, this was from another thread that he just out of the blue sent me an insulting PM trying to make me feel bad for voting for Ron Paul.

just getting his attention since he felt the need to insult me and others over something that is nothing to him.

that is all...............................

escapinggreatly
10-22-2008, 07:45 PM
It's a vicious "lesser of two evils" mentality. If you don't for the guy who merely sucks less, then the guy who sucks more will win.

Pretty good system, huh?

http://www.meltingpotproject.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/10/22/libertariansig.jpg
The Melting Pot Project: Proportional Representation. New Parties. Intern Jokes. (http://www.meltingpotproject.com/)

qh4dotcom
10-25-2008, 10:02 PM
bump

westmich4paul
10-26-2008, 12:28 AM
I will be willing to bet that all candiates running third Party this year will combine for about maybe20% and thats is being damn generous. It will not work until we havesomeone who inspires people. Barr doesn't, baldwin doesn't, hell nader hasn't for 20 years, and Mckinney please. This cycle it is nothing more than a pure waste to vote third party.

Besides why would I vote for third Party anyway? Ron Paul won'teven with 1.2 million votes put himself into the third party ring. What does that tell you?

Ron Paul could have inspired a generation like Ross Perot did back in the day, but apparently he never even wanted to be president in the first place. He just wanted to take alot of money spread it around to a few friends then quietly drop out.

I'll admit he had me duped, I busted my ass off trying to get people to listen to his message, spending alot of my own money to keep it going then the campaign hit gold with the money bombs and guess what we saw nothing. We still had to try to raise money for homemade t.v. ads , newspaper ads. I juust am glad I did not have the finances to give the max or I would have felt like a jim baker supporter.

qh4dotcom
10-26-2008, 01:05 AM
Ron Paul could have inspired a generation like Ross Perot did back in the day, but apparently he never even wanted to be president in the first place. He just wanted to take alot of money spread it around to a few friends then quietly drop out.

If Ron Paul is so obsessed about money as you claim...why do you think he refuses to accept a Congressional pension he is entitled to?