PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everyone

AdaminTX
10-22-2008, 02:20 PM
Hi Everyone,

I just joined the forum, and am a big Ron Paul fan (which I assume most on this forum are.)

I am so disgusted with the goings on in Washington in regards to the bailout, and the continuing encroachment on our freedoms. I feel that during the next presidency, whomever we get stuck with, we will see more needless programs, more bailouts, and basically more of the same government we canít trust.

I am 26, and am starting to consider running for a Texas State Congress position in 2010. I know that my State Senator has been elected the last few elections only because he was unopposed. I donít know if trying to get to a state office is unrealistic, but I know that I need to start somewhere. I do not know where to begin, but I believe that it is time to start getting involved.

If anyone has any knowledge as to how to proceed I would appreciate it very much. Hopefully I can start contributing on the boards, and here is wishing RP would have been on the ballot in Texas.

ronpaulhawaii
10-22-2008, 02:53 PM
Hi Everyone,

I just joined the forum, and am a big Ron Paul fan (which I assume most on this forum are.)

I am so disgusted with the goings on in Washington in regards to the bailout, and the continuing encroachment on our freedoms. I feel that during the next presidency, whomever we get stuck with, we will see more needless programs, more bailouts, and basically more of the same government we can’t trust.

I am 26, and am starting to consider running for a Texas State Congress position in 2010. I know that my State Senator has been elected the last few elections only because he was unopposed. I don’t know if trying to get to a state office is unrealistic, but I know that I need to start somewhere. I do not know where to begin, but I believe that it is time to start getting involved.

If anyone has any knowledge as to how to proceed I would appreciate it very much. Hopefully I can start contributing on the boards, and here is wishing RP would have been on the ballot in Texas.

Welcome, glad you used the term "most" in your opening sentence... :eek:;):)

www.leadershipinstitute.org (http://www.leadershipinstitute.org) has some good courses for those wishing to enter politics. I've taken a few, they are decent to RP people and do outreach

I started a WIKI that I hope to finish someday that might give you some ideas

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/nuwiki.php?do=book.view&bookid=11

enjoy, and don't mind the occasional drama, we are a minarchial big tent

:D

georgiaboy
10-22-2008, 02:58 PM
Welcome, AdaminTX!

Don't know if you've been lurking or not, but your IQ is guaranteed to jump 10 points or more if you just start searching and reading.

Not sure what you're used to in a discussion message board forum, but there's a lot of people that have been here for a long time, so there's sometimes a tendency to skip with the niceties, assume you're a seasoned pro, and go for the jugular. There's a good supply of irreverent banter and gotchas, but mostly people who are sincerely interested in celebrating individualism and liberty.

There are some very informative posts and threads about running for local office, though I can't point you directly to any of them. If you haven't found your local campaign for liberty chapter or meetup group, seek them out!

Enjoy.

helenk579
06-02-2010, 07:44 PM
Hello, I am new too, I like this forum! I think I will make lot of friends here :)

torchbearer
06-02-2010, 08:29 PM
whoa.

Carpenter1966
09-02-2010, 08:22 AM
Newly registered, but have been over here a few times in the past, mostly following links, etc. Seems like a pretty weel organized and moderated forum. What a welcome change from the last board I was on.

Was a lifelong R until I had the epiphany that I was really a Libertarian. Had always thought the Rs had our best interests at heart. Well, my eyes are open now. I look forward to many a spirited discussion and the absence of trolls. :)

Danke
09-02-2010, 08:38 AM
Hello, I am new too, I like this forum! I think I will make lot of friends here :)

One post ban? lol

KCIndy
09-02-2010, 08:41 AM
One post ban? lol

Ha! That's what I was thinking. I'm assuming someone with a perma-ban tried to sneak back in...

wormyguy
09-09-2010, 06:26 PM
Hi, lifelong libertarian here, mainly just browsing, and interested in how the good fight is going to get a real liberty candidate in the White House, be it Rep. Paul, Gov. Johnson, or some other person.

MRoCkEd
09-09-2010, 06:28 PM
Hi, lifelong libertarian here, mainly just browsing, and interested in how the good fight is going to get a real liberty candidate in the White House, be it Rep. Paul, Gov. Johnson, or some other person.
Good to have you here.

BuddyRey
09-09-2010, 07:42 PM
Welcome home, new posters!

rancher89
09-09-2010, 07:47 PM
roflmao