PDA

View Full Version : Huckabee: Real support or Media created candidate?

RevolutionSD
09-06-2007, 09:34 PM
I say 100% media-created to take away from RP.
I've never met, seen, or heard of a Huckabee supporter.

Meanwhile I've even seen the Tancredo and the Duncan Hunter supporters.

noxagol
09-06-2007, 09:37 PM
Made up. I have not seen a supporter of anyone, just people with bumper stickers saying "Had Enough? Vote Democrat", except for of course Ron Paul. I have seen 3 cars with bumper stickers or signs, excluding mine and my gf's with Ron Paul. And I met a couple of Ron Paul supporters at a gun show. I have never seen anything for any of the other candidates, Democrat, Repblican or otherwise.

aknappjr
09-06-2007, 09:38 PM
His support is real and increasing. Which is good for Paul, because now the pro-war candidates (all 8) will be splitting the vote even more.

I saw over 2000 Huckabee supporters in Iowa. They like the fact he's anti-immigration, pro-war (even though he implied it was a mistake and We Broke it...[the Pottery Barn theory of nation building] and therefore have to buy it), a minister, pro-life, and from Arkansas.

Huckabee isn't a true conservative, as he's not a free market guy: He raised taxes a ton down in Arkansas. See the Club for Growth's White paper:

The title "Is Huckabee the John Edwards of the GOP?"

http://www.clubforgrowth.org/2007/08/the_john_edwards_of_the_gop.php

noxagol
09-06-2007, 09:40 PM
Just remember Iowa was the place that put Pat Robertson in first at their straw poll. I don't place any real weight on Iowa except for 2 things: 1) everyone else does and 2) it is the first to pick a candidate.

lucius
09-06-2007, 09:41 PM
I say 100% media-created to take away from RP.
I've never met, seen, or heard of a Huckabee supporter.

Meanwhile I've even seen the Tancredo and the Duncan Hunter supporters.

I agree absolutely, he is the worker/minion of CFR member Rick Warren who is shoving NWO ideologies down Southern Baptist throats.

SWATH
09-06-2007, 09:45 PM
When asked about how the candidates are doing while on Greta, Gingrich said the usual crap about rudy mcromnyson then said he thinks Huckabee has now catapulted to the top tier due to a huge surge in support. No mention of Paul whatsoever. They are either grooming Huckabee for CFR membership or they are using him to steal the "2nd tier candidate rising" success story from Paul.

DjLoTi
09-06-2007, 09:45 PM
We'll see come Oct 15th.

Paulitician
09-06-2007, 10:56 PM
I think most of the candidates are created by the media, then people start to take notice and so they flock to those the media says are viable candidates. The top tier will naturally get the more support because they get the most corporation and special interest funding, therefore more coverage. Conversely, the media says Ron Paul has some of the lowest support, so only those in the "know" will support him, but people who don't do their own research and such (the majority of Americans) will just think he has no chance or that he's a kook, so again, they'll flock to the "top tier" or anyone else seen favorable in the media. For instance, people somehow see Mike Huckabee as a likely nominee but not Ron Paul, even though he was way more support from what I'd figure, and definitely more money. It's screwed up indoctrination if you ask me. The media still owns and creates reality, unfortunately, and not the people. People don't know how to think for themselves. That's my opinion.

Badger Paul
09-07-2007, 07:53 AM
Mostly media created but by supporting the Fair Tax that gives him a base of support, then factor in the Southern Baptists, the largest Protestant church in the U.S. and there's another base or potential base and if other religious right figures join with Huckabee then yes, will have real support instead of the media figures like Chris Cillizza who are artifical inflating his camapaign.

BillyDkid
09-07-2007, 07:56 AM
Huckabee is going nowhere. His profile went up a little bit after his spat with RP and a few RP haters will have an orgasm and then it he will wash out as the nonentity he is.

paulitics
09-07-2007, 08:01 AM
Im not sure, but they may be creating a top 5 tier, to eliminate Paul from the debates. We need to understand ourselves first that Paul's support is 2.5 to 3 times what the telephone polls suggest, and is backed by common sense logic.

The best outcome is for the cut off point to be Pauland Brownback and Hunter go home.

LibertyEagle
09-07-2007, 08:02 AM
He's being created by the media and is certainly being pushed by the Fair Tax folks. At least, that's my opinion. There is a debate coming up shortly this month in Florida with the American Family Association. Ron will be there. I hope Huckabee is shown for what he truly is. I too am concerned that the plan is to lop off Paul from future debates by interjecting Huckabee into the mix. Notice how the MSM is all of a sudden trying to reinvigorate McCain's dead campaign? Very weird, unless this is a ploy to squeeze the good doctor, out of the game.

Mitt Romneys sideburns
09-07-2007, 08:10 AM
He and Obama are created by the media. Romney too.

I mean, really. Where do they get these idiots from? I cant cite a single instance where they have said anything of substance. It all the same old "United we stand, because 9/11 changed everything and children are the future." Might as well parade Paris Hilton up there. I bet she could go toe to toe with Obama.

maxmerkel
09-07-2007, 08:23 AM
Im not sure, but they may be creating a top 5 tier, to eliminate Paul from the debates. We need to understand ourselves first that Paul's support is 2.5 to 3 times what the telephone polls suggest, and is backed by common sense logic.

The best outcome is for the cut off point to be Pauland Brownback and Hunter go home.

bump

Santana28
09-07-2007, 09:13 AM
Huckabee used to be genuine... his support in Iowa was mostly genuine - probably all closely associated with him (church, family, etc).

The Iowa Straw Poll was pretty much given over to Mitt Romney. It was EXPECTED he would win by the GOP - if he got anything but 1st, they would stop pushing him. I think Huckabee's 2nd place showing (and beating Ron Paul) stuck in the GOP's mind. They needed a guinea pig to test against RP and they didn't want to sacrifice Romney quite yet... (perhaps in order to formulate Fred Thompson's future angles of attack).

So after Mike's "big" win in Ames... they decide to start up the propaganda wheels for Huckabee. He's suddenly the darling "Obama" of the Republican Party. They offer him the national stage in exchange for cow-towing to the Party message... which he obviously did willingly judging from his sudden boldness and change in tone. They threw him up against Ron Paul, and he was devoured. But mostly, he put his own foot in his mouth - and revealed the GOP's true intentions inadvertantly. I think there was a lot of cringing going on after his exchange with Dr. Paul... and not the least because he displayed for all the world to see that he was *trying* to preach the party line, without really grasping what he was actually saying. He isn't a real neocon insider - he's just someone desperate for attention and support, who agreed to sacrifice his common sense for party support and a national stage. He wants to be one of the "Big Boys". The GOP is merely using Huckabee - and he'll be back to being a nobody by the end of the month. The same fate to befall Mr. Thompson, and Mr. Romney eventually.

JMO.

Mitt Romneys sideburns
09-07-2007, 09:27 AM
It wasnt a surprise to me that he Huck got 2nd. CNN, Fox, all of them, have been talking about him for months. I swear, they must mention him at least a couple times a day. They push him subtly, but they are consistent about it. Talking about him day after day.

Then he gets 2nd, and they respond:

"Wow, what a big win. Nobody is even talking about him. He must have a great message with a strong grass roots support. He might break into the top tier soon if he keeps it up!"