PDA

View Full Version : If Obama reinstates the draft, will it/should it include women?

MsDoodahs
10-22-2008, 09:17 AM
Just curious what you guys think...

phixion
10-22-2008, 09:21 AM
All the women who scream 'equal rights' should be put on the front line.

Regards,

Pete

Knightskye
10-22-2008, 09:23 AM
If he's for equality, it should.

But according to John McCain's campaign (more reliable than Wikipedia!), Obama pays the women in his Senate staff $0.83 on the dollar compared to the men. So he'd probably send them first, and send more of them.

tonesforjonesbones
10-22-2008, 09:24 AM
Of course it will include women. You have less than two weeks to take this election seriously. tones

torchbearer
10-22-2008, 09:25 AM
the only sociological reason to not put women in the military is so that they can create more soldiers back at home.

kojirodensetsu
10-22-2008, 09:26 AM
I'm against a draft (being forced to fight for freedom is like being robbed at gunpoint and then the robber thanking you for your charitable contribution).. but if there is one women should be drafted too. All individuals should be treated the same under the law. So any person who is psychically capable should be able to be drafted.

orafi
If he's for equality, it should.

But according to John McCain's campaign (more reliable than Wikipedia!), Obama pays the women in his Senate staff $0.83 on the dollar compared to the men. So he'd probably send them first, and send more of them.

whatever helps balance the budget lol

SWATH
yes, and children

Jeremy
Of course. And isn't that what Israel does?

ihsv
10-22-2008, 09:34 AM
It will include women, but it shouldn't. Women in combat units have always been demoralizing for military forces.

In fact, we shouldn't have a draft. Forced labor and indentured servitude to the government is a violation of the very concept of freedom and personal liberty.

Danke
10-22-2008, 09:35 AM
yes, and children

How could anyone shoot women and children?

Oh, nevermind. I looked it up. Just aim lower and don't lead them as much. :p

Jeremy
10-22-2008, 09:35 AM
It will include women, but it shouldn't. Women in combat units have always been demoralizing for military forces.

In fact, we shouldn't have a draft. Forced labor and indentured servitude to the government is a violation of the very concept of freedom and personal liberty.

uh oh, sexist? :confused:

torchbearer
10-22-2008, 09:38 AM
the only reason to not have children in the military is because they will be a better soldier with some development.
As in, you don't want to harvest your crop too soon or it may not yield much.. but wait until maturity, and the yield will be plentiful.

berrybunches
10-22-2008, 09:40 AM
Doesn't matter to me, I'll be in Canada if that happens so will, I hope, the men.

phixion
10-22-2008, 09:41 AM

You are clueless.

Pete

wizardwatson
10-22-2008, 09:43 AM

Conscription, I agree, is a form of slavery. If the government is so misguided that it needs to draft to stock its armies it should be abolished or its foreign policy altered.

Whether or not woman should be drafted as well, is contemplating a lesser issue after the greater crime (the draft) is already committed. Like should a rapist, in the course of raping, use a condom or the pull-out method?

DAFTEK
10-22-2008, 09:44 AM
I don't think Lesbian or Ron Paul women should be included... They can have all the straight & McBama ones :D

ihsv
10-22-2008, 09:45 AM
I'm against a draft (being forced to fight for freedom is like being robbed at gunpoint and then the robber thanking you for your charitable contribution).. but if there is one women should be drafted too. All individuals should be treated the same under the law. So any person who is psychically capable should be able to be drafted.

I have four sons. If I have a daughter, I will raise her to be a lady, and not a man.

Anyone who comes into my home to impress my daughter into indentured servitude and slavery would get shot. If it's not OK for individuals to force my daughter into such a situation, why should government be allowed to do this?

Though I disagree with it in principle, the argument in favor of a draft would have a slightly stronger footing if this country was actually being invaded or attacked (I think militias have a roll to play there). But to force so-called free people to kill and get killed in immoral, unjust, illegal foreign wars is tyrannical and morally untenable at the very least. I think you and I agree on most of that.

ceakins
10-22-2008, 09:54 AM
I don't think Lesbian or Ron Paul women should be included... They can have all the straight & McBama ones :D

Baldwin doesn't want any women to serve.

ihsv
10-22-2008, 09:57 AM

No, a realist. It's bad enough if as a male soldier you get tossed into a POW camp. Can you imagine how much worse it would be if you were a woman? We used to respect women enough to try to protect them from situations like that.

Furthermore, the unnecessary jealousy and competition that is introduced into the military when men and women begin to exercise their natural attraction for each other harms unit morale, causes unnecessary strife and discord.

And the basic fact of all of this is that we as a society have lost our sense of respect for womanhood. "Equal rights" has killed even the common courtesies that men used to extend to women, whether it be opening the door for them or protecting them from dangerous situations. And this loss of respect for womanhood is at the heart of untold numbers of domestic violence cases, wife abuse cases, rape, etc. Women have become nothing more than objects for men.

In our society, women have become men and men have become boys.

JK/SEA
10-22-2008, 10:02 AM
Well, if you want to see the SHTF then i would urge everyone to support a draft, women included. Lets get this party on.

I saw what a draft did in the sixties. This may finally get the sheeple to finally open both eyes.

MsDoodahs
10-22-2008, 10:05 AM

Regards,

Pete

Wouldn't those women be the very ones screaming to be on the front lines?

tonesforjonesbones
10-22-2008, 10:05 AM
Komrade Obama WILL reinstate the draft. The democrats have been screaming this all along. Kerry wanted the draft reinstated. The GOP did NOT want a draft. tones

phixion
10-22-2008, 10:15 AM

No.

They won't want anything to do with a war. That's for men. That's what they will think, and say.

See, those women want equal rights, only when it suits them.

Regards,

Pete

nbhadja
10-22-2008, 10:16 AM
all the women who scream 'equal rights' should be put on the front line.

Regards,

pete

agreed!

Original_Intent
10-22-2008, 10:19 AM
No to women being drafted. If women in NOW insist on registering for Selective Service voluntarily, that's their business I suppose.

No to males being drafted for that matter, any draft would be a terrible thing, a universal draft of both men and women would be an abomination.

nbhadja
10-22-2008, 10:19 AM
Of course everyone should refuse the draft, and then capture and publically hang Obama Mussolini style..

Jeremy
10-22-2008, 10:22 AM
You are clueless.

Pete

yet you agreed with me in this thread? huh? :confused:

dannno
10-22-2008, 10:26 AM
No, a realist. It's bad enough if as a male soldier you get tossed into a POW camp. Can you imagine how much worse it would be if you were a woman? We used to respect women enough to try to protect them from situations like that.

I hope everybody is joking except ihsv. He's the only one making any sense in here.

Menthol Patch
10-22-2008, 10:40 AM
The draft is an abomination.

I will never be drafted and I hope no one else will.

I would rather be executed than serve in the military.

klamath
10-22-2008, 10:48 AM
It is an issue I am really torn with. I have served with many many fine female soldiers. One of the best Lt. I had in Iraq was female. One of my fellow crewchiefs (now a helicopter pilot) was a great soldier. I was sent to Iraq in a BN that had a commander and all the staff officers female. The BN commander was trying to make a politcal statement when she appointed all female staff officers even over better qualified male officers. The BN was run so badly she was relieved o command.

The young Female LT was extremely smart and competent and half the guys were in love with her. I would have followed her about anywhere because I really respected her but if she would have found herself in a position where she might have been captured I probably would have lost my life trying to protect her even if that action would have been a detriment to the mission.
I am sorry I just have that hard wired in my brain and I can't help it.

tonesforjonesbones
10-22-2008, 10:53 AM
I understand that. I served in the US Army for 7 years. I don't consider the military to be the place for women. It was very difficult to be a mom facing deployment at any moment...all it would take is a phone call..tones

acptulsa
10-22-2008, 10:54 AM

Interesting question. Most people aren't so idealogical when push really comes to shove. We love equal rights, but some aren't so keen on equal responsibility. And many of the equal rights supporters are anti-war, too.

Either way he flip flops, he'll be making enemies out of friends. That's the only good news that will come of this.

Biden's words come to mind. You won't like those two in six months, no matter how you love them now.

P.S. And, no, tones, we won't like McCain and Palin one bit better in six months if they win. No way.

jkm1864
10-22-2008, 11:12 AM
Yes it will the womans live movement has seen to that. As a matter of fact the draft proposal that has been floating around congress is no respecter of persons. The people that refuse will be drafted into civilian work gangs "AKA slave labor".

AutoDas
10-22-2008, 11:12 AM
I think the kind of draft women would be forced to do is 'charity' where the women have a 'choice' on how to serve their country.

I wonder how the dichotomy definitions for chauvinism got so extreme?

noun
1. fanatical patriotism
2. activity indicative of belief in the superiority of men over women

MsDoodahs
10-22-2008, 11:22 AM
No.

They won't want anything to do with a war. That's for men. That's what they will think, and say.

See, those women want equal rights, only when it suits them.

Regards,

Pete

I hate to say it, but I think you're spot on with this.

angelatc
10-22-2008, 11:44 AM

Yes it should. Even though I am not technically a guy.

yongrel
10-22-2008, 11:46 AM
There won't be a draft. The first priority of any politician is to get reelected, and a draft all but guarantees that Obama would serve only one term.

angelatc
10-22-2008, 11:46 AM

Being a POW would suck no matter what sex you are.

Women don't need to be protected. We're good. But thanks anyway.

angelatc
10-22-2008, 11:49 AM

Regards,

Pete

I wish Rational THinker were here so I could cry with him about not being treated as an equal member of society.

I walked into a bar, and I heard some guys say "Oh, is that a woman over there?" and they all put their heads together ans started whispering. I know they were sexists.

At least most racists (Trance excepted) have the courtesy to pretend they're not racists when they're in the company of other races. Women get no such courtesy, and are ridiculed for even suggesting they should.

angelatc
10-22-2008, 11:51 AM

Pfffft.

Nirvikalpa
10-22-2008, 11:55 AM
I wish Rational THinker were here so I could cry with him about not being treated as an equal member of society.

I walked into a bar, and I heard some guys say "Oh, is that a woman over there?" and they all put their heads together ans started whispering. I know they were sexists.

At least most racists (Trance excepted) have the courtesy to pretend they're not racists when they're in the company of other races. Women get no such courtesy, and are ridiculed for even suggesting they should.

That's very true, and very sad, and I have been in situations like that now that I think about it. :(

And women should be in the draft as long as men are in the draft - it should be equal. Although it would be nice if NO ONE was forced, men or women. Slaves to our masters...

Jeremy
10-22-2008, 12:37 PM
Yah and not that it really matters...

because there's not going to be a draft. impossible during the internet age

I dare someone to try :D

nbhadja
10-22-2008, 01:03 PM

Never. Those women only want equal rights when it suits them. They are hypocrites.

constitutional
10-22-2008, 01:10 PM

Screw it, lets have the women serve while men stay back. Men in combat units will be demoralizing for military forces. :p

Bman
10-22-2008, 01:59 PM

Well I'm a few years past the age of eighteen so maybe someone younger could tell me if women have to fill out draft cards. If they don't the answer is NO. Not to mention Obama's got two little girls. I doubt he would send them to the front line or any other girl for that matter.

Obama sucks but some of the rhetoric against him is just silly.

newtoforums
03-16-2009, 02:35 PM

Furthermore, the unnecessary jealousy and competition that is introduced into the military when men and women begin to exercise their natural attraction for each other harms unit morale, causes unnecessary strife and discord.

And the basic fact of all of this is that we as a society have lost our sense of respect for womanhood. "Equal rights" has killed even the common courtesies that men used to extend to women, whether it be opening the door for them or protecting them from dangerous situations. And this loss of respect for womanhood is at the heart of untold numbers of domestic violence cases, wife abuse cases, rape, etc. Women have become nothing more than objects for men.

In our society, women have become men and men have become boys.

1. Men get raped and sexually assaulted in POW camps too.
2. Aren't women often the leaders of the POW camps?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Ghraib_torture_and_prisoner_abuse

newtoforums
03-16-2009, 02:40 PM
Well I'm a few years past the age of eighteen so maybe someone younger could tell me if women have to fill out draft cards. If they don't the answer is NO. Not to mention Obama's got two little girls. I doubt he would send them to the front line or any other girl for that matter.

Obama sucks but some of the rhetoric against him is just silly.

Female politicians with daughters and sons have constantly "volunteered" their sons for a draft.

Everybody has an equal right to not be killed. Doesn't the constitution guarantee equal protection?

Not everybody believes in wimpy chivalry.

danberkeley
03-16-2009, 03:18 PM
Send only the feminazis.

newtoforums
03-16-2009, 03:47 PM
Send only the feminazis.

That's like all women.:D

danberkeley
03-16-2009, 03:54 PM
That's like all women.:D

Not really. Only the ones who were brainwashed in college. :cool:

vodalian
03-19-2009, 10:17 AM
Yah and not that it really matters...

because there's not going to be a draft. impossible during the internet age

I dare someone to try :D

http://www.internetworldstats.com/me/il.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel_Defense_Forces#Regular_service

angelatc
03-19-2009, 10:23 AM
Yes it should.

I'd rather have a Rachel Maddow-like woman than an Alexis Arquette-like man on the front lines any day.