PDA

View Full Version : So, what should I ask Huckabee?

wgadget
09-06-2007, 09:24 PM
He's coming to Our Town this Saturday morning, over tea and crumpets. Any ideas?

Madison
09-06-2007, 09:25 PM
Which candidate he would endorse if he exits the race.

noxagol
09-06-2007, 09:25 PM
Well, ask him about his feelings on Nixon's thoughts about keeping us in Vietnam for 7 extra years for our "honor"?

bhayl
09-06-2007, 09:26 PM
Well, ask him about his feelings on Nixon's thoughts about keeping us in Vietnam for 7 extra years for our "honor"?

ouch. I like that one.

John of Des Moines
09-06-2007, 09:26 PM
Ask him how many more lives are needed to save the country's (or his) honor? Is honor based on a lie worth saving.

John of Des Moines
09-06-2007, 09:28 PM
And compliment him on his tie and ask if his wife still picks out his cloths.

quickmike
09-06-2007, 09:29 PM
He's coming to Our Town this Saturday morning, over tea and crumpets. Any ideas?

mmmmmmm............. tea and scrumpets.

Anyway, I think I would ask him how he plans to make Iraq a free country when were losing our freedoms right here at home. Ask him how his plan for Iraq would be any different than what bush is doing.

Bison
09-06-2007, 09:29 PM
Ask him how many of his family members are going to die for our honor?

jj111
09-06-2007, 09:30 PM
Ask him how many more lives are needed to save the country's (or his) honor? Is honor based on a lie worth saving.

He would spin that. He would say that we are not extending the war for honor, we are extending the war to keep thousands of innocent Iraqis alive. He would say the American soldiers are dying to prevent this terrible situation from getting worse. He would say we own the problem, just like the china you broke in the store, you own it. He would say it is all Americans' duties to help salvage this country and not let it get into more chaos....

Blah blah blah

That question would not phase him and he would be able to answer it pretty easily.

AlexAmore
09-06-2007, 09:30 PM

Agreed. Ask him that.

jj111
09-06-2007, 09:31 PM
mmmmmmm............. tea and scrumpets.

Anyway, I think I would ask him how he plans to make Iraq a free country when were losing our freedoms right here at home. Ask him how his plan for Iraq would be any different than what bush is doing.

Second question is a no-brainer for a politician with half-a brain to be able to spin and handle (with bullsh** of course)....

Shink
09-06-2007, 09:31 PM
Remind him that occupying a country that had done nothing to us is not honorable. Losing 5000 troops for this unjust war is not honorable. Killing over 600,000 innocents is not honorable. Disobeying the Constitution: how is THAT honorable? Ask him.

Jon S
09-06-2007, 09:32 PM
sorry had to say this. mike huckabee is actually a relative of a guy i used to play guitar with. my friends name was josh huckabee. so yea, i played guitar with a relative of mike huckabee :) haha but josh was super cool and i think mike is an asshat.

jj111

I like it too. How do you think he would spin the answer?

max

ask PASTOR Huckabee.....WHAT WOULD JESUS (Aka The Prince of Peace) DO???????

UCFGavin
"Richard Nixon wanted to stay in Vietnam to defend 'honor'. it was later realized to be a huge mistake and known as one of the biggest mistakes the US has ever made. Are you willing to allow the exact same thing to happen so the US can attempt to save face to the rest of the world?"

MsDoodahs
09-06-2007, 09:33 PM
Ask him how many meetup groups have self organized around his candidacy nationwide, and how many supporters are in those groups. :D

DavyDuke17
Ask him about the makeup of Al Qaeda, and if he is concerned that they are working with Iran. If I ever got to question one of the candidates I would see exactly how much they know about the terrorist threat we are facing, or if its all just slogans.

quickmike
Also I would ask him how he plans on paying for this war when we are broke.

noxagol
I realized something very good last night, it almost seems blatantly obvious, the best things tend to be when you think about it. When having a debate with someone, you put them on the defensive and never let up.

That would have been my response to Huckabee last night. Or something else to put Huckabee on the defensive and make him look bad/stupid/both.

wgadget
09-06-2007, 09:35 PM
"Richard Nixon wanted to stay in Vietnam to defend 'honor'. it was later realized to be a huge mistake and known as one of the biggest mistakes the US has ever made. Are you willing to allow the exact same thing to happen so the US can attempt to save face to the rest of the world?"

I like it. Do you think he'd spot me as a Paul supporter? I'm going incognito.

UCFGavin
09-06-2007, 09:36 PM
I like it. Do you think he'd spot me as a Paul supporter? I'm going incognito.

i dunno, its worth it. you could always say "as someone who initially supported the war i have really been skeptical of it for the last couple of years. i was watching the republican debates and ......" and use that to kind of start it off.

smtwngrl
09-06-2007, 09:38 PM
I think you should enlighten him instead of asking him. Explain to him that Ron Paul didn't say we were to blame for 911.

And ask him if he will commit to reading at least the Introduction and Chapter 1 in Imperial Hubris by Michael Scheuer (the former head of the Bin Laden unit who retired in 2004). :D

Edit:

Or, if you don't want to let him know you are a RP supporter..

Ask him: "If we we are supposed to fix something we broke , shouldn't we promise at the same time not to break any more things.

And ask him if there is honor in staying if they don't want us to stay? Bush said he would leave if they asked us to, and then when they said we could leave, he changed his position.

jj111
Here is an absolute must. If at all possible, you must have a friend come to videotape and record this. Then you can put it up on YouTube. It will be a great moment for all of us to view and show to others.

noxagol
Just say you are a democrat heh. They will probably peg you as one anyways. Better to be pegged in a negative light as a democrat than a Ron Paul supporter I think.

jj111
09-06-2007, 09:39 PM
I think you should enlighten him instead of asking him. Explain to him that Ron Paul didn't say we were to blame for 911.

And ask him if he will commit to reading at least the Introduction and Chapter 1 in Imperial Hubris by Michael Scheuer (the former head of the Bin Laden unit who retired in 2004). :D

I don't think that will be as effective. We want to get him speechless and on the defensive. Most people, including myself, have not read Imperial Hubris, and most will not know what that book is about.

Richandler
09-06-2007, 09:39 PM
Ask him the Paris Hilton except instead his favorite part from the bible make it from the Constitution or founders writings.

aknappjr
09-06-2007, 09:40 PM
I suggest attacking him on his horrendous economic policies of more taxes and bigger government. He is not a free market true conservative like Dr. Paul:

See the Club for Growth's White Paper:
Is Huckabee the John Edwards of the GOP? (http://www.clubforgrowth.org/2007/08/the_john_edwards_of_the_gop.php)

SWATH
09-06-2007, 09:40 PM
Be respectful to Huckabee. He attacked Ron Paul's policy not him, he even said with Hannity that he had great respect for Paul because he stands on principle and doesn't care who likes it.

DavyDuke17
09-06-2007, 09:41 PM
I'm telling you, if I ever got to ask Rudy or anyone of the chickenhawks a question I would quiz them on middle eastern politics, they will end up saying something stupid and false and it could ruin their campaign.

yoshimaroka
Bring flyers on why "Huckabee isn't a true conservative, as he's not a free market guy: He raised taxes a ton down in Arkansas. See the Club for Growth's White paper:"

http://www.clubforgrowth.org/2007/08/the_john_edwards_of_the_gop.php

noxagol
Be respectful to Huckabee. He attacked Ron Paul's policy not him, he even said with Hannity that he had great respect for Paul because he stands on principle and doesn't care who likes it.

we are attacking his policy. His policy of staying for our honor. Paralleling this with Nixon who is considered by a great many to be a bad president will hurt him. We can afford to hurt the little guys, they don't split the vote as much as the big ones do.

noxagol
09-06-2007, 09:43 PM
I don't think that will be as effective. We want to get him speechless and on the defensive. Most people, including myself, have not read Imperial Hubris, and most will not know what that book is about.

Good God Man! Read that book! It should be required reading in all schools and all things that matter!

FluffyUnbound
09-06-2007, 09:43 PM
Ask him if Hillary ends up being President in 2008, if he will stand up in 2012 and say we can't change any of her policies because we "own" all of her mistakes, and because any mistake by the chief executive is a mistake by the entire country.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-06-2007, 09:44 PM

say.. why don't you bow out and endorse Ron Paul?

michaelwise
09-06-2007, 09:45 PM
Say this.
When you talk about the Iraq War, you use these scripted emotional platitudes, just like John McCain, to justify staying in Iraq. Those are the same types of arguments that the organization La Raza, The Race in English, uses to justify amnesty for illegals. Is there anything concrete you can offer, to justify the US staying in Iraq?

billm317
09-06-2007, 10:33 PM

this sounds great

Dary
09-07-2007, 09:18 AM
Ask him if he is a supporter of states rights.

If he says yes, then ask him why he would not do everything he can in order to stop the raids on the sick and dying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtprTFgcdAI

Ask him if losing to Hillary is the honorable thing to do.

Ridiculous
09-07-2007, 09:28 AM
Ask him how many of his family members are going to die for our honor?

Perfect

JAHOGS
09-07-2007, 09:31 AM

I am from Arkansas and there is a lot of dirt out there about him.

Ask: How come you used the state police air plane(tax payers money for personal use) to travel during your exploratory committee search for president?

How come you destroyed the computer files and hardware that belonged to the state after you left as governor?

How come when you went to Iraq during your exploratory committee search for president you wanted to quote "We need to bring our boys home" and now your for them to stay there?

Let me see if I can find some sources of these for ya

ARealConservative
09-07-2007, 09:32 AM
Call his foreign policy theory the Pickle jar theory - you broke it - you bought it

Ask if it isn't too simplistic to apply the pickle jar theory to foreign policy.

Ask him if he has every served his country in a time of war and what he knows of honor.

mconder
09-07-2007, 09:32 AM

Ron would have destroyed with a line like that! I wish he had used this line. He needs to commit this response to memory.

Santana28
09-07-2007, 09:38 AM
ask him, as a Pastor, what the correlation between "Honor" and "Pride" is?

or ask him if he thinks the Iraqis would be offended by his analogy that we "bought" Iraq when we broke it...so in essense we own them.

or ask him why he opened a door in my face, nearly knocked me over, and didn't even apologize when i was leaving the colliseum in Ames after the Straw Poll results were announced. Not very polite for a fellow Christian IMHO. :mad:

NCGOPer_for_Paul
09-07-2007, 09:40 AM
Congratulate him on his losing over 100 pounds and getting into good shape.

Then, ask him a question on whether or not he believes that an individual should be able to make their own choices in life, whether it be what to spend, eat, do, or should the government help/hinder/compel with tax policy. Remind him, he lost weight on his own to better himself on advice from a private physician.

slantedview
09-07-2007, 09:41 AM

exactly.

if he dodges that, ask him what possible scenario he envisions that would allow to exit with honor?

Johnnybags
09-07-2007, 09:42 AM
the inflation tax or be added to it? Ask him to explain what the inflation tax is and how he would solve it. He will go DUH! I never heard of the inflation tax.

JAHOGS
09-07-2007, 09:44 AM
Here is some articles of The Huck:

http://softwaredev.itbusinessnet.com/articles/viewarticle.jsp?id=178092

http://www.computerworlduk.com/technology/storage/hardware/news/index.cfm?newsid=1356

http://www.arktimes.com/Articles/print.aspx?ArticleID=7d5323ff-b2f6-472a-9374-10f367dcacf8

I am still searching for the sound bite or a article when he was talking to the local news here about him saying we need to bring our boys home now,

Bossobass
09-07-2007, 10:10 AM
I don't like to attack an opponent, but this guy has balls attacking Ron Paul on national TV during a debate for the GOP nomination for POTUS...so, here are some facts about the distinguished ex-governor of Arkansas:

Huckabee's first foray into politics, a failed bid for U.S. Senate in 1992.

But he capitalized on his second opportunity months later, in early 1993, when he won a special election for lieutenant governor and was elected for a full term in 1994.

When Democratic Gov. Jim Guy Tucker was convicted of conspiracy and mail fraud relating to the Whitewater scandal, Huckabee rose to governor when Tucker resigned

The former governor shares his birthplace with another governor of Arkansas who ran for president, Bill Clinton. Both men were born in the small town of Hope.

Huckabee has been criticized for his support of illegal immigration …

In his 2005 State of the State address, he complained that a Hispanic student was not able to get financial aid because he was an illegal alien. Huckabee said, “But when he applied for financial aid, he wasn’t eligible for the various scholarships or grants because of his status, a status that he had no decision in or control over.” … Huckabee argued that illegal immigrants pay more in taxes than they receive in benefits, “They pay fuel taxes. If they’re using a fake Social Security number, they’re paying Social Security taxes and will never receive any benefit. It would be closer to the truth to say they’re subsidizing Joe McCutchen and Jim Holt more than the other way around.” In 2006, a Mexican consulate opened in Little Rock. Huckabee strongly supported it. …

Opposes abortion, same-sex marriages, and civil unions.

Supports the War in Iraq, the troop surge, the Patriot Act and the continued operation of the Guantanamo Bay detention camp.

Endorsed the use of foreign workers from Canada and Mexico for agricultural labor.

* Immediately upon taking office, Governor Huckabee signed a sales tax hike in 1996 to fund the Games and Fishing Commission and the Department of Parks and Tourism (Cato Policy Analysis No. 315, 09/03/98).

* He supported an internet sales tax in 2001 (Americans for Tax Reform 01/07/07).

* He publicly opposed the repeal of a sales tax on groceries and medicine in 2002 (Arkansas News Bureau 08/30/02).

* He signed bills raising taxes on gasoline (1999), cigarettes (2003) (Americans for Tax Reform 01/07/07), and a $5.25 per day bed-tax on private nursing home patients in 2001 (Arkansas New Bureau 03/01/01).

* He proposed another sales take hike in 2002 to fund education improvements (Arkansas News Bureau 12/05/02).

* He opposed a congressional measure to ban internet taxes in 2003 (Arkansas News Bureau 11/21/03).

* In 2004, he allowed a 17% sales tax increase to become law (The Gurdon Times 03/02/04).

By the end of his ten-year tenure, Governor Huckabee was responsible for a 37% higher sales tax in Arkansas, 16% higher motor fuel taxes, and 103% higher cigarette taxes according to Americans for Tax Reform (01/07/07), garnering a lifetime grade of D from the free-market Cato Institute. While he is on record supporting making the Bush tax cuts permanent, he joined Democrats in criticizing the Republican Party for tilting its tax policies “toward the people at the top end of the economic scale” (Washington Examiner 09/13/06), even though objective evidence demonstrates that the Bush tax cuts have actually shifted the tax burden to higher income taxpayers.

Huckabee, to prove he's boss, keeps issuing more and more clemencies– 214 pardons and 40 commutations since last year, and, all told, 567 pardons and 102 commutations since he took office in 1996, for a total of 669 and still rising. He'll end up with more than 1,000 clemencies –that is, combining pardons and commutations.

_Gov. Huckabee is on a roll: He has freed more convicts than all of his recent predecessors combined – more than 10 times as many as Gov. Clinton during a 10-year period from 1983 to 1992.

"...A mangled DuMond (a child rapist who was castrated by angry Arkansans) was eventually sentenced to life in prison, without the possibility of parole. But the distant Clinton affiliation soon turned his case into a cause. Right-wing radio hosts and columnists decried the severe sentence. They raised questions about the lack of DNA evidence, and railed against the small-town justice system, which never prosecuted DuMond's attackers. During the 1992 presidential campaign, while Clinton was traveling out of state, Tucker commuted DuMond's sentence to allow for the possibility of parole. When Huckabee became governor, he publicly announced that he intended to commute DuMond's sentence to time served. "My desire is that you be released from prison," he wrote DuMond in a letter. Two years later, DuMond murdered a woman in Missouri and later died in jail.

micahnelson
09-07-2007, 10:16 AM
Pastor Huckabee, who's honor? Certainly not the soldiers, they have honor by virtue of their sacrifices. America as a nation? Prolonging this war does not bring America honor in the eyes of the world- just ask them. So who's honor do we defend in Iraq?

granny miller
09-07-2007, 11:18 AM
Please ask him about the National Animal Identification System (NAIS)

http://libertyark.net/NAISclip-final/#

It is a nightmare come true for small farmers (me) and for my Amish Neighbors

For the Amish & others....you might as well as get 666 tattooed on your forehead.

Elwar
09-07-2007, 11:19 AM
Ask him if he wants one nation united under Hillary Clinton.

themanhere
09-07-2007, 11:28 AM
You should pull a George Stephanopoulos

You: What's success for you in this campaign?

Huckabee: Well to Win!

You: That's not going to happen. Then flash a Ron Paul Revolution sign!

JenHarris
09-07-2007, 11:43 AM
Ask how much money he's got or if he needs your last dollar (which would have a RP message on it of course :p

Santana28
09-07-2007, 12:24 PM
ask him when he decided to join the CFR? Because its looking more and more each day like he signed up with them.

CodeMonkey
09-07-2007, 12:26 PM
Ask him if, when he was a child, he ever broke anything that was impossible to fix and cost too much for him to replace. Ask him if that had happened, whether his mother would have put him, his siblings, and his future children into indentured servitude to maintain his 'honor'?

Also ask, since he said we 'broke' Iraq, if he agrees now that it was a mistake to go in, and when trying to correct the mistake, whether we should follow the people who made the in the first place, or the people who knew it would be a mistake from the beginning?

jj111
09-07-2007, 12:43 PM
exactly.

if he dodges that, ask him what possible scenario he envisions that would allow to exit with honor?

Too easy a question

jumpyg1258
09-07-2007, 12:48 PM
You should ask him how many american soldiers lives he's willing to sacrifice in order to save the republican party's face since he supports the troops so much.

jj111
09-07-2007, 12:49 PM
Ask him if he can give you some money, you're broke, and you understand he has hundreds of thousands he has raised....

JaylieWoW
09-07-2007, 12:51 PM
How about this:

If our presence of troops in foreign countries is no cause for animosity towards the USA and to arrive at such a conclusion is "utterly-naive", why then don’t other foreign nations have troops and bases stationed here? We seem to think other nations shouldn’t mind it, so why don’t we let them start building bases and stationing troops here on our soil?

Would you care to demonstrate to me how “utterly-naïve” I must be to consider this?

spiteface
09-07-2007, 01:16 PM
I like this one but change it very slightly:

If the presence of our troops in foreign countries is no cause of animosity towards the USA, and to arrive at such a conclusion is "utterly naive" perhaps you could answer the following question. I would like to sell my 300 acre ranch to the Chinese government for the purposes of building a military base. Should I be prevented from doing so, and do you think the American people would be upset about this?

How about this:

If our presence of troops in foreign countries is no cause for animosity towards the USA and to arrive at such a conclusion is "utterly-naive", why then don’t other foreign nations have troops and bases stationed here? We seem to think other nations shouldn’t mind it, so why don’t we let them start building bases and stationing troops here on our soil?

Would you care to demonstrate to me how “utterly-naïve” I must be to consider this?

BillyDkid
09-07-2007, 04:41 PM
Ask him if the debacle in Iraq is worth even one more American life - let alone the 3,000 already wasted. Or ask him if he would have wanted up to slog it out in Vietnam for another 12 years so we could leave "with honor".

Kuldebar
09-07-2007, 04:42 PM
Ask Huckabee if he will be voting for Ron Paul in the primary and General Election.

slantedview
09-07-2007, 04:59 PM
so.... did you ask him anything?

hard@work
09-07-2007, 05:14 PM
Ask him if he believes the neoconservative platform is the true republican platform.

EvilEngineer
09-07-2007, 05:17 PM
I'd ask him what I'd ask all of the other candidates... especially the CFR members.
"Ever dance with the devil under the pale moonlight?"

foofighter20x
09-07-2007, 05:31 PM
Ask him if he knows what the Tenth Amendment says and then ask him what he thinks it means. ;)

jj111
09-07-2007, 05:33 PM
Ask him if he knows what the Tenth Amendment says and then ask him what he thinks it means. ;)

That would be awesome!!!!