PDA

View Full Version : And the winner is... Obama - Palin

gaazn
10-21-2008, 04:28 PM
If Obama does not win Indiana, there is a good chance of an electoral tie. House picks the President, and the Senate with tiebreaker Cheney picking the VP. If this happens, everyone loses. Democrats lose, Republicans lose, and everyone who can't stand Obama or Palin lose.

christagious
10-21-2008, 04:31 PM
I would laugh if that happened; I think it would be pretty funny.

Crowish
10-21-2008, 04:43 PM
There was something about this a couple weeks ago on the WSJ site I think. Someone calculated a 1% chance of this occurring via an absurd number of scenarios.

nate895
10-21-2008, 04:51 PM
The new Congress and the new Senate wouldpick, so it would most likely be Obama-Biden.

gaazn
10-21-2008, 05:04 PM
There was something about this a couple weeks ago on the WSJ site I think. Someone calculated a 1% chance of this occurring via an absurd number of scenarios.

The computers are crazy and don't take into account the gut feeling. Its analysis is also based on polls that are out of whack. The computers actually think Obama might win Missouri, NC, Virginia, and New Hampshire. That's where you get the 1% chance. But if the gut feeling is that McCain will win all those states, Ohio, and Florida, then a tie is very possible. Nevada and Obama's border state Indiana are keys to the election.

Aratus
10-22-2008, 08:55 AM
there still is a chance on paper for a pristine pure 50/50 right down the middle 269 v 269...still?