PDA

View Full Version : Crash and Burn! FCC's Race Car Advertising Digital TV Hits the Wall!

Knightskye
10-21-2008, 04:19 PM
http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2008/10/20/fccs-race-car-to-promote-digital-tv-hits-the-wall/

I'd say that's a pretty good metaphor. :D

See what the government does when it intervenes! Something blows up!

EvilEngineer
10-21-2008, 05:26 PM
The digital conversion is going to fall on it's face... We'll see the birth of pirate stations all over the place though.

Bunkerbuilder
10-21-2008, 05:39 PM
That's fine, Better to spread the word about the Constitutional violations that the last few presidents and congress critters have committed.

And what a great opportunity to tell the listeners about the fraud of the FED and other important things that would do the sheeple good to know about

Just need to coordinate the pirate stations with those with the materials that need to get out to the masses.

We'll see the birth of pirate stations all over the place though.

angelatc
10-21-2008, 05:50 PM
SO our tax money is paying for a race car?

Freaking wonderful.

dannno
10-21-2008, 06:03 PM
The digital conversion is going to fall on it's face... We'll see the birth of pirate stations all over the place though.

I remember when they were trying to force everyone to replace their cell phone sim card with a sim card with "emergency" gps tracking a couple years ago.

I kept getting calls from cingular/att bugging me to go in and change out my sim card or else my phone might stop working. They were even harassing my parents, and they kept bugging me to go get a new one. I told my parents I wasn't going to get one, and if my phone stopped working one day then I'd go get it.

My phone still works great with the old sim card, and they stopped bugging me.

Knightskye
10-22-2008, 12:13 AM

Yeah, you make something illegal and people always find a way around it.

You'd think people would learn.

nodope0695
10-22-2008, 12:17 AM
Hmmm....How did McCain let an earmark for a NASCAR to get past him? Isn't that the epitomy of pork barrel????

Knightskye
10-22-2008, 01:26 AM
Hmmm....How did McCain let an earmark for a NASCAR to get past him? Isn't that the epitomy of pork barrel????

No, the pork barrels are those things in the living rooms of Southerners, and they're full of pork rinds. :D

Knightskye
10-22-2008, 10:18 PM
Bump for funny.

fr33domfightr
10-22-2008, 10:32 PM
That's fine, Better to spread the word about the Constitutional violations that the last few presidents and congress critters have committed.

And what a great opportunity to tell the listeners about the fraud of the FED and other important things that would do the sheeple good to know about

Just need to coordinate the pirate stations with those with the materials that need to get out to the masses.

Hehe...very kewl idea!!

Think about it. The day the signal goes dark would be a huge opportunity to start broadcasting whatever video you wanted (in NTSC format), "Freedom To Fascism," an end the Fed video, etc. etc.

Edit: Just think about all those FREE channels to pick from, woo hoo!!

FF

Knightskye
10-26-2008, 12:51 AM
Hehe...very kewl idea!!

Think about it. The day the signal goes dark would be a huge opportunity to start broadcasting whatever video you wanted (in NTSC format), "Freedom To Fascism," an end the Fed video, etc. etc.

Edit: Just think about all those FREE channels to pick from, woo hoo!!

FF

Wouldn't people need antennas to see those videos?