sunny
09-06-2007, 08:13 PM
http://www.freemarketnews.com/WorldNews.asp?nid=48507

Mister Grieves
09-06-2007, 08:14 PM
This would be big.

Karsten
09-06-2007, 08:15 PM
Fred one on one, and now Huckabee? They should just like up the 8 other neo-cons, and have Ron Paul kick their ass one at a time!

Alabama Supporter
09-06-2007, 08:16 PM
Not sure I believe these guys. They have had bad info in the past, but it would be cool.

FluffyUnbound
09-06-2007, 08:16 PM
If FMMN is the sole source for this story, I'm sorry to say that this isn't much more reliable than the Thompson debate story.

FMMN is the guy who published the $5 million fundraising story last quarter. He takes a lot of "risks" in his reporting.

quickmike
09-06-2007, 08:18 PM
Man, if he could get one with Fred then have another one with Huckabee, this would do SO much for exposure. All these guys are all spliting the pro war vote and paul gets all the rest for himself, not to mention a few who might second guess their pro war stance after hearing Ron.

This is a win win situation......................... if it happens.

RevolutionSD
09-06-2007, 08:20 PM
This would be cool.

I wonder if Huck would stick with slogans, soundbites, and rhetoric or actually get into the facts this time around?

Phil M
09-06-2007, 08:21 PM
I'm quite suspicious of these two alleged one-on-one debate threads. Pretty soon we'll see a thread about Dubya challenging Paul to a debate.

FluffyUnbound
09-06-2007, 08:23 PM
"Hillary Clinton Challenges Ron Paul to Mudwrestle"

constituent
09-06-2007, 08:23 PM
repost:

naah... ride the high we have now...

let them beg for a debate, build the tension and RP can play diplomatic
and to his base by saying,

"i'm still waiting for that youtube debate, but i will be holding
a fundraiser at such and such date in so and so's hometown
and they are more than welcome to come out and buy
a brisket plate or catch some music.

we have a great crowd that shows up to our events
and they'd welcome him right into the fold."

A Swede
09-06-2007, 08:24 PM

More like Rudy in drag :D

nullvalu
09-06-2007, 08:26 PM
that would be great, but i agree with RP's camp.. it'd have to be a real forum, and not treated in a sound-bite manner..

Phil M
09-06-2007, 08:28 PM
I've changed my mind, I actually think this might be legit. It wouldn't be an actual debate, but probably a 10 minute piece on Late Edition elaborating on the Paul-Hucabee moment.

themanhere
09-06-2007, 08:28 PM
This would be big. I'm on the side lines of this one, Huckabee is the one that needs media attention and money. Ron Should try to go One on One with Fred hes the one with a spot light.

rp4prez
09-06-2007, 08:30 PM
How could anyone win a debate with the only thing backing them up is "honor" I mean seriously. Ron Paul would wipe Huckabee off the map and he wouldn't even need to use a nuke to do it. ;)

Cowlesy
09-06-2007, 08:30 PM
Come on see, see the forest through the trees. It makes sense now...why would Huckabee go right after Paul? A last gasp breath to bring in some campaign dough---I didn't even think about it.

People like Huckabee -- "Yeah he seems nice, down-to-earth, not the typical insider" etc---but he really tried to take on Ron in the debate----it has to be a last-ditch attempt to boost fundraising.

Hey Mike -- Time to liquidate the 401K. The thousands upon thousands of Paul supporters are ready to do so, are you and your group?

John of Des Moines
09-06-2007, 08:32 PM
And, may I suggest the place of the debate be the sidewalk between Paul's DM HQ and Huck's DM HQ. Each candidate could come out off their respective offices and go at it on the street. Beside Des Moines Iowa's centrally localed :rolleyes:

jj111
09-06-2007, 08:33 PM
What do you think would be Ron's response to Huckabee asking for a one on one debate if this were true?

themanhere
09-06-2007, 08:33 PM
Come on see, see the forest through the trees. It makes sense now...why would Huckabee go right after Paul? A last gasp breath to bring in some campaign dough---I didn't even think about it.

People like Huckabee -- "Yeah he seems nice, down-to-earth, not the typical insider" etc---but he really tried to take on Ron in the debate----it has to be a last-ditch attempt to boost fundraising.

Hey Mike -- Time to liquidate the 401K. The thousands upon thousands of Paul supporters are ready to do so, are you and your group?

Exactly! huckabee is going for broke! why play hand of cards with him? let the blinds take him out of the game!

Dustancostine
09-06-2007, 08:34 PM
And, may I suggest the place of the debate be the sidewalk between Paul's DM HQ and Huck's DM HQ. Each candidate could come out off their respective offices and go at it on the street. Beside Des Moines Iowa's centrally localed :rolleyes:

LOL :)

nullvalu
09-06-2007, 08:34 PM
What do you think would be Ron's response to Huckabee asking for a one on one debate if this were true?

I'm sure he'd prefer it to a sound-bite style debate.

constituent
09-06-2007, 08:35 PM
And, may I suggest the place of the debate be the sidewalk between Paul's DM HQ and Huck's DM HQ. Each candidate could come out off their respective offices and go at it on the street. Beside Des Moines Iowa's centrally localed

and the cameras could switch back and forth as the two camps are followed up the street,

micheal jackson playing in the background.

Mister Grieves
09-06-2007, 08:35 PM
I'm on the side lines of this one, Huckabee is the one that needs media attention and money. Ron Should try to go One on One with Fred hes the one with a spot light.

I understand your points, but even as Hannity had to admit last night, all of the republican candidates are the same except for Paul.

Huckabee would represent the neocon ideology while Paul would have more time to clarify his stances and be his honest self. It would work and we would win some more people over.

Qiu
09-06-2007, 08:37 PM
This is good news. I don't see Huckabee surviving with his patriotic slogans for more than a few minutes.

jj111
09-06-2007, 08:38 PM
I wonder if Huckabee would ever endorse Ron if Huckabee bows out. If McCain were in, Huckabee would endorse McCain. If McCain were out, Huckabee might endorse Romney or Paul.....

When are more of these candidates going to drop out do you think? Can they keep on going forever in these debates by spending nothing on their campaigns and remaining inactive?

nullvalu
09-06-2007, 08:40 PM
I'd guess Brownback, Hunter & Tancredo will be dropping out.. They can't keep this up..

Benincasa
09-06-2007, 08:41 PM
Brownback and hunter are definetly done. Tancredo may stick around out of principle, but his debate performance was very bad.

njandrewg
09-06-2007, 08:43 PM
i submitted it to digg...but made sure to put all the disclaimers

themanhere
09-06-2007, 08:44 PM
I understand your points, but even as Hannity had to admit last night, all of the republican candidates are the same except for Paul.

Huckabee would represent the neocon ideology while Paul would have more time to clarify his stances and be his honest self. It would work and we would win some more people over.
Yes but Huckabee isnt a full blown neocon asshole like fred mitt or rudy. He already came out as a softy and TRIED to seem compassionate in this last debate. Like someone else said he would just throw out patriotic slogans and the we cant leave the iraq because it would be chaos bullshit .

Cowlesy
09-06-2007, 08:44 PM
NONE of them will endorse Ron Paul. I don't even want their endorsements.

Ron Paul should accept Huckabee's challenge----accept it on January 15th after Q4 fundraising data is out. That is, if Huckabee is still in the race at that point.

Ron could say "well we should do something that really will make a difference in the Primary. So if you're still "In it to win it", I say let us debate!"

jj111
09-06-2007, 08:46 PM
What prevents Brownback, Hunter, and Tancredo from stopping their travel, firing their staff (except for volunteers), and continuing to stay in the debates indefinitely?

Cowlesy
09-06-2007, 08:49 PM
The Republican party is so boned if Paul isn't the nominee.

jj111
09-06-2007, 08:49 PM
And I wonder who the heck is financing McCain? He must be in debt, so is Rudy paying his bills?

jj111
09-06-2007, 08:50 PM
The Republican party is so boned if Paul isn't the nominee.

So are we and most of the rest of the country.

CasualApathy
09-06-2007, 08:54 PM
I don't know...

This debate could only help Paul by giving him time to elaborate, and is Huck-a-bee really that desperate for TV-time? Does he actually think that he can pick Ron off?

I have to be skeptical about this debate actually happening. However, if it does, I would almost start suspecting that RP has a secret admirerer among the GOP hopefulls ;)

Huck-a-bee has helped Ron Paul a lot in the past, intended or unintended...

jj111
09-06-2007, 08:56 PM
I don't know...

This debate could only help Paul by giving him time to elaborate, and is Huck-a-bee really that desperate for TV-time? Does he actually think that he can pick Ron off?

I have to be skeptical about this debate actually happening. However, if it does, I would almost start suspecting that RP has a secret admirerer among the GOP hopefulls ;)

Huck-a-bee has helped Ron Paul a lot in the past, intended or unintended...

It would be good publicity for Huckabee, and a longshot chance for him to pull a rabbit out of a hat. It would probably be helpful to Ron Paul too.

smtwngrl
09-06-2007, 08:56 PM

Exactly! It's a win win situation. Both Ron Paul and Huckabee would get extra air time to debate ideas.

With time for more than soundbites, Ron Paul is sure to win. But Huckabee would also gain more support--and take it away from the top tier candidates. ;)

John of Des Moines
09-06-2007, 09:00 PM
And I wonder who the heck is financing McCain? He must be in debt, so is Rudy paying his bills?

Yes, Rudy is paying McCain's way but with conditions. McCain has to dress-up in drag and play house with Rudy during their weekly playdates. They pretend they're a married lesbian couple living in a world with Ron Paul as President. Rudy is the bread winner and McCain a stay at home mom raising the children each had the result of artificial insemination, Dick Cheney is the father of both the children. During their play date Ms. Rudy comes home and hands over his paycheck over to her wife, Ms McCain When Ms. McCain collects enough to run his campaign for another week he leaves. Older, wiser and somewhat more embarrassed then the week before.

jj111
09-06-2007, 09:03 PM
Yes, Rudy is paying McCain's way but with conditions. McCain has to dress-up in drag and play house with Rudy during their weekly playdates. They pretend they're a married lesbian married couple living in a world with Ron Paul as President. Rudy is the bread winner and McCain a stay at home mom raising the children each had the result of artificial insemination, Dick Cheney is the father of both the children. During their play date Ms. Rudy comes home and hands over his paycheck over to her wife, Ms McCain When Ms. McCain collects enough to run his campaign for another week he leaves. Older, wiser and somewhat more embarrassed then the week before.

I didn't realize that politics was that sophisticated.

billm317
09-06-2007, 09:05 PM
What prevents Brownback, Hunter, and Tancredo from stopping their travel, firing their staff (except for volunteers), and continuing to stay in the debates indefinitely?

My guess is if they quit campaigning, they'll get dropped from debates and MSM will just quit talking about them, not like they talk about them that much anyway.

billm317
09-06-2007, 09:09 PM
It would give Ron Paul a chance to explain his stances that can't be described in 30 seconds... and he has several of those. There are a LOT of people on the fence because of dumb comments that people like foxnews makes... "so you want to get rid of the CIA". He wants the CIA as we know it to dissolve, but of course he wants the valuable things that they do to continue. Of course FOXNews knows that, but they know he doesn't have time to explain it. This would help.

I bet you FOX will NOT be happy about any air time that RP gets. They will try to kill this before it ever gets off the ground, if they have the power/influence to do that.

LibertyEagle
09-06-2007, 09:10 PM
that would be great, but i agree with RP's camp.. it'd have to be a real forum, and not treated in a sound-bite manner..

Yup. Ron's forte is not sound bytes.

Benincasa
09-06-2007, 09:12 PM
I bet you FOX will NOT be happy about any air time that RP gets. They will try to kill this before it ever gets off the ground, if they have the power/influence to do that.

Don't think so. Fox News has been very fair to Dr. Paul in the past--I remember a one on one interview about a month ago that was full of soft-balls. At the debate last night, all the candidates were getting asked tough questions. Thats why I like Fox News.

Besides, any media coverage is better than no media coverage.

katao
09-06-2007, 09:24 PM
I don't think its worth it debating Huckabee. Not enough people would tune in to watch it. If RP did well, it wouldn't get media coverage - if he lost the sound bite war, they would replay it for weeks. Don't forget, were fighting an entire Establishment.

Now a debate with Freddiboy, Guiliani or Romney on the other hand - that would generate enough interest and direct viewership, they couldn't spin it afterwards (as much).

Bison
09-06-2007, 09:36 PM
If they are offering a debate between Paul and Huckabee, then they must have finally realized that we the people are sick to death of the media annointed top tier. They never say anything different So why keep putting them on.

People aren't watching the debates because they have heard it all before. The only reason many people watch is for Ron Paul. Its the only reason I watch.

dmitchell
09-06-2007, 10:08 PM
I actually think this would be wonderful, especially if CNN could get Newt Gingrich involved. Gingrich is always talking about the need for serious Lincoln-Douglas style debates, and frankly this country badly needs an improved debate system. All parties involved would benefit, as would the American people.

That said, I don't see how this can happen because Huckabee must be smart enough to realize he is on the losing side of the argument. Sure he can score a couple of rhetorical points when the argument is limited to 15 second, single sentence responses, but he doesn't have substance on his side. Huckabee is making an argument based on vague indefinable feelings, whereas Paul is making an argument based on the reality that literal Americans are being asked to kill and die for a mistake. There is no escaping the inevitable: without an enormous blunder by Paul, Huckabee loses.

Original_Intent
09-06-2007, 10:17 PM

Unwise. Ron Paul knows ALL the pressure points on a woman. Scratch that. Has not been verified that Hillary is woman.

jj111
09-06-2007, 10:20 PM
My guess is if they quit campaigning, they'll get dropped from debates and MSM will just quit talking about them, not like they talk about them that much anyway.

How much "campaigning" is somebody like Hunter actually doing? Probably almost nothing my guess.

Richandler
09-06-2007, 10:20 PM
I think Huckabee thinks he lost and knows the text poll was legit. He signed up first because he needs to prove himself the winner. If he really won the exchange as the MSM says then he wouldn't need to debate Paul again. He's desperate. He knows Paul is raising more money and having a larger impact with the people.

billm317
09-06-2007, 10:22 PM
How much "campaigning" is somebody like Hunter actually doing? Probably almost nothing my guess.

From what I heard, he really got after Texas for that straw poll. I have no idea what he's doing now, but I doubt he's just sitting around.

sickmint79
09-06-2007, 10:43 PM
has any other candidate ever even been in a real debate? have you guys seen the freedomfest debate?

paul would mop the floor with this guy.

lapi7
09-06-2007, 11:01 PM
Exactly! It's a win win situation. Both Ron Paul and Huckabee would get extra air time to debate ideas.

With time for more than soundbites, Ron Paul is sure to win. But Huckabee would also gain more support--and take it away from the top tier candidates. ;)

This seems like a real lose-lose situation for the Main Stream Media...

The problem is would the Main Stream Media really endorse any other candidates other than Guilliani, Mittens, or McCain being in the spotlight? It certainly could not help their cause in any way...

Would they really embrace the idea of two 2nd tier candidates receiving this much publicity? The result of which may cause a larger casam between their "top runners" and now they would have two NEW top runners making it harder for their chosen candidates to now pull off the nomination?

With this kind of threat to the MSM front runners I seriously doubt that the MSM would ever allow this type of debate as "their candidates" would have too much to lose...And without their "OK" on the deal it would never go down as they control so much of what the average American is allowed to see and think...

born2drv
09-06-2007, 11:06 PM
http://www.freemarketnews.com/WorldNews.asp?nid=48507

I think this would be great, however I don't like the idea of just Huckabee, this implies it's a battle of the low tiers ..... I would invite Fred and Rudy to attend as well. Let it be 3 on 1, Paul can still take them. Or even if Fred and Huckabee show up, or Rudy and Huckabee or whatever.

It needs to focus on the war only, and it needs to be a minimum of 1 hour, so each get at least 20 mins to speak.

This would be ideal, we could do this right now, no need to wait, RP needs a bump NOW not in january.