PDA

View Full Version : The North Carolina dilemma

Dianne
10-21-2008, 08:15 AM
Chuck Baldwin is not on the North Carolina Ballot, and NC does not accept write in's. Your presidential vote will be tossed in the trash with a write in.

Since there is no way I will vote for McBama; my choices are Cynthia McKinney, Bob Barr or Ralph Nader.

I am still furious Barr was a no show at Paul's third party conference...

What do you guys think? How would you vote?

slacker921
10-21-2008, 08:23 AM
Just to be clear.. you CAN write in Nader or McKinney because they collected enough signatures to be write in candidates.

Vote Barr.. . if Barr or Munger doesn't get 2% then the LP has to collect 70,000 signatures again (costing over $250,000) for the next election just to be on the ballot. That puts them at a HUGE disadvantage.

If you totally disagree with the man you can put your mind at ease knowing you're helping a third party, you're registering a clear protest vote, and Barr has no chance of winning anyway.

And.. .more importantly - vote for Munger for Governor (http://munger4ncgov.com/). He's a good candidate that you can vote for in good conscious and help the LP too.

Dianne
10-21-2008, 08:30 AM
That's great advice. I will have to do one of those "hold my nose things" when voting for Barr, lol but I see the advantage. Munger definitely has my enthusiastic vote.

Jeremy
10-21-2008, 08:52 AM
Bob Barr

Just because his campaign didn't think about the importance of the press conference doesn't mean Barr doesn't support liberty