PDA

View Full Version : Nader Spills the Beans! "Ron Paul was pacing..."

Knightskye
10-20-2008, 08:54 PM
http://reason.com/blog/show/129560.html

The New Yorker wrote an article about Bob Barr. It touched on the Press Conference. And I guess they asked Nader some questions:

Ralph Nader, who is running as an independent, told me, “He got Ron Paul so angry. I was right in the greenroom”—at the National Press Club—“and Ron Paul was pacing, and it was ten-oh-two, ten-oh-three, and then he heard that Bob Barr was not going to show up, and he went furious. He said, ‘I can’t believe he let me down like this. I was about to say a good word for him.’ ”

:(

0zzy
10-20-2008, 08:55 PM
nader doesn't have very tight lips.
i dont think paul wanted people to know that.
but its an open secret so. whatev.

RonPaulVolunteer
10-20-2008, 08:56 PM
Barr's a disrespectful ass who gave his votes to Baldwin and screwed his party in the process.

Fricken jerk.

Malakai
10-20-2008, 09:34 PM
RP still wasn't disrespectful even after what Barr did.

Barr will be remembered (if at all) as the nobody candidate who literally threw his campaign away on 5 minutes of being a jerkoff.
Also possibly as the man who killed the LP

ARealConservative
10-20-2008, 09:37 PM

Barr will be remembered (if at all) as the nobody candidate who literally threw his campaign away on 5 minutes of being a jerkoff.

you're delusional.

the Libertarian Party will do the best it has ever done in this election.

tggroo7
10-20-2008, 09:38 PM

Killed the LP? Why the hell would people dislike Libertarians because Barr wasn't as good a person we wanted

mport1
10-20-2008, 09:38 PM
Barr is an ass.

Alawn
10-20-2008, 09:45 PM
you're delusional.

You're delusional. Any increase in vote for the LP will be from Ron Paul making libertarianism popular not Barr and would have gone to any LP candidate. I am a perfect example of that. If it weren't for Ron Paul I would have voted for whoever the republicans picked. I voted for Barr on my mail in ballot because of Ron Paul not Barr. Being a former congressman is a little helpful but I doubt it will help McKinney much. And 90% of the votes Baldwin will get would have gone to Barr if he just showed up to the event. Even if Barr does the best any LP candidate has done, 1.1% wow how impressive, he probably could have done twice that if he had shown up. Not showing up and then making rude comments about it was a huge campaign mistake.

MikeStanart
10-20-2008, 09:49 PM
you're delusional.

Perhaps, but not due to the deeds of Barr.

speciallyblend
10-20-2008, 09:53 PM
I was a lp member for 12 yrs ,but i will not be voting for lp or barr this election. barr is a joke and even if they get a few more votes they burnt the bridges with alot of lp members.

barr did more damage to the lp then help...

Brassmouth
10-20-2008, 10:01 PM
you're delusional.

QFT. Dr. Paul's anger is indeed justified, but not his ridiculous announcement of his support of Baldwin, just to spite Barr. That "I was about to say a good word for him." was obviously going to be an endorsement.

libertarian4321
10-20-2008, 10:05 PM
you're delusional.

I doubt it.

I've voted Libertarian for President every election since 1996.

I won't be voting for Bob Barr.

Barr is an ass, and probably a neocon to boot.

No thanks.

Shii
10-20-2008, 10:23 PM
QFT. Dr. Paul's anger is indeed justified, but not his ridiculous announcement of his support of Baldwin, just to spite Barr. That "I was about to say a good word for him." was obviously going to be an endorsement.

Compared to the highly visible way Barr spited Paul, I think you as a libertarian should be looking to Ron Paul for a model of politeness.

lucius
10-20-2008, 10:31 PM
ex-spook, but the good kind, right?

ARealConservative
10-20-2008, 10:32 PM
I doubt it.

No thanks.

watch and learn

Brassmouth
10-20-2008, 10:37 PM
Compared to the highly visible way Barr spited Paul, I think you as a libertarian should be looking to Ron Paul for a model of politeness.

I never questioned how "polite" Dr. Paul is...

There's no doubt he is very polite, and yes, I doubt he wanted Nader to spill the beans. I'm not defending Barr's behavior, I'm simply disappointed that the good doctor responded by endorsing a theocrat in libertarian's clothing.

Matt Collins
10-20-2008, 10:44 PM
You're delusional. Any increase in vote for the LP will be from Ron Paul making libertarianism popular not Barr and would have gone to any LP candidate. I am a perfect example of that.Exactly except that Barr has destroyed the LP base by making it REAL easy for Libertarians to either sit out or go elsewhere.

ARealConservative
10-20-2008, 11:03 PM
You're delusional. Any increase in vote for the LP will be from Ron Paul making libertarianism popular not Barr and would have gone to any LP candidate. I am a perfect example of that. If it weren't for Ron Paul I would have voted for whoever the republicans picked. I voted for Barr on my mail in ballot because of Ron Paul not Barr. Being a former congressman is a little helpful but I doubt it will help McKinney much. And 90% of the votes Baldwin will get would have gone to Barr if he just showed up to the event. Even if Barr does the best any LP candidate has done, 1.1% wow how impressive, he probably could have done twice that if he had shown up. Not showing up and then making rude comments about it was a huge campaign mistake.

No, the gain will come from the fact that Barr is a conservative option for those that do not like McCain. The reason Barr won the nomination is because of the influx of conservatives angry with the big government Bush policies and McCain's plans to carry that torch.

Baldwin will get less then .5% of the vote. Barr is getting broader support then simply the Ron Paul republicans.

AJ Antimony
10-20-2008, 11:28 PM
Barr is a moron, but I wouldn't be shocked if he set the LP popular vote record. If he does however, it won't be from Ron Paul supporters. It'll be because some voters do not like Obama and McCain. It'll be because a few Republicans refuse to hold their nose.

This is an election with no incumbents so third parties are going to do well by their standard simply because of this fact. However, the easiest way to kill third parties is to constantly have close elections between the D and R. I don't think we'll ever again see a landslide election.

afmatt
10-20-2008, 11:50 PM
Anyone that makes the good Dr. mad won't get my vote, he had it till that day, I was going to donate to him till this fiasco went down. Now Dr. Paul will get my vote - write in. Don't care if it "counts" in an official sense, the fact is I'm voting for the best person for the job.

Malakai
10-20-2008, 11:58 PM
you're delusional.

How much better do you think they would have done if Barr had worked respectfully with Paul and gotten a large number of the RP movement voting for him?

I hated what he did because it caused division in a community which is already struggling with all the divisiveness in politics today.
Keeping us divided is a tool used by the PTB to keep us fighting each other and not them. That a supposed libertarian would do so for the reasons he gave was absurd. However after listening to him speak more since, I haven't seen much of anything libertarian come out of his mouth. I actually heard him with beck on CNN saying we need to stay active in supporting georgia struggling democracy ect ect, in response to our sending them a cool billion. How can you be libertarian and not a non interventionist/for foreign nation welfare? Sounded pretty neoconned IMO

How they went from Badnarik to Barr is beyond me tho =) If he would have been LP candidate this year I think things would have turned out much better, at least he had a passion for the constitution and monetary policy.

Brian4Liberty
10-21-2008, 12:29 AM
No, the gain will come from the fact that Barr is a conservative option for those that do not like McCain. .... Barr is getting broader support then simply the Ron Paul republicans.

I don't believe that has been quantified in any way (scientific or not), but you are probably correct in that Ron Paul supporters did not automatically go with Barr. I know many who will vote for McCain or Obama.

Knightskye
10-21-2008, 02:28 AM
That "I was about to say a good word for him." was obviously going to be an endorsement.

I really don't think it was going to be an endorsement. That would have been rude to the other three candidates he invited and actually showed up.

"I know you're all here, but I'm endorsing this guy. Plus there'd be no reason to invite all of them if Dr. Paul were only endorsing Barr.

Conza88
10-21-2008, 02:44 AM
He said, ‘I can’t believe he let me down like this. I was about to say a good word for him.’ ”

That's how mad he got? :rolleyes: This guy is as cool as ice..

Anyone shilling for Barr is a douchebag.. the guy is clearly a fucken stain and makes a complete mockery of the Libertarian Party. Wake the ---- up. :rolleyes:

Kludge
10-21-2008, 02:50 AM
Barr's polarization and let-down of Libertarians will lead to a reign of radicals in the LP for many years to come.

If anything, Barr revitalized the LP. Ruwart '12, baby!

FindLiberty
10-21-2008, 02:56 AM
How much better do you think they would have done if Barr had worked respectfully with Paul and gotten a large number of the RP movement voting for him?

I hated what he did because it caused division in a community which is already struggling with all the divisiveness in politics today.
Keeping us divided is a tool used by the PTB to keep us fighting each other and not them. That a supposed libertarian would do so for the reasons he gave was absurd. However after listening to him speak more since, I haven't seen much of anything libertarian come out of his mouth. I actually heard him with beck on CNN saying we need to stay active in supporting georgia struggling democracy ect ect, in response to our sending them a cool billion. How can you be libertarian and not a non interventionist/for foreign nation welfare? Sounded pretty neoconned IMO

How they went from Badnarik to Barr is beyond me tho =) If he would have been LP candidate this year I think things would have turned out much better, at least he had a passion for the constitution and monetary policy.

Yes, a sad unfolding of events. It could have been a great year for the LP... (was it blowback from targeting Barr a few years ago?)

I wish RP had stayed the course, filed for write-ins, kept speaking about war/empire and the destruction of the USD.

It's a disaster, but not quite as bad as if George Washington had told all his men to just run and hide instead of taking a stand for Liberty.

--------------------------------------------------
DOOMED in '09 - buy canned food NOW!

mitty
10-21-2008, 05:14 AM
who gives a shit whether barr gets the most votes for the lp in history. it doesnt matter. what does matter is if the lp can sustain that. they wont because of barr.

brandon
10-21-2008, 05:36 AM
FUck you, Barr!

speciallyblend
10-21-2008, 05:49 AM
Barr's polarization and let-down of Libertarians will lead to a reign of radicals in the LP for many years to come.

If anything, Barr revitalized the LP. Ruwart '12, baby!

hmmm i agree with kludge,sound the alarms.

yeah barr pretty much burnt his own bridges. I would of stood on corners and donated money to the lp,but not until they rid their party of the scum aka barr in my eyes...

the only person to blame for barr is the lp and barr himself. If the LP doesn't shape up soon, then i highly doubt i will support the lp in the future(i am disgusted with the lp and the gop,if it keeps going down this road we will need a new party...... and i was considered a hard-core libertarian. this must be the year the lp/gop lets voters down.

speciallyblend
10-21-2008, 05:52 AM
who gives a shit whether barr gets the most votes for the lp in history. it doesnt matter. what does matter is if the lp can sustain that. they wont because of barr.

i hear you. for the last 12 yrs i voted libertarian at all levels. If there is a lp candidate that even mentions barr name then they lose my vote ,the same for the republicans. i am disgusted with them both...
just hearing the words barr or mccain ,makes me want to puke on them..

ceakins
10-21-2008, 06:38 AM

Really? That's why RP endorsed an anti-liberty theocrat then?

ceakins
10-21-2008, 06:44 AM
He said, ‘I can’t believe he let me down like this. I was about to say a good word for him.’ ”

That's how mad he got? :rolleyes: This guy is as cool as ice..

Anyone shilling for Barr is a douchebag.. the guy is clearly a fucken stain and makes a complete mockery of the Libertarian Party. Wake the ---- up. :rolleyes:

Any person shilling for Baldwin is anti-liberty. I'd rather be a "douchebag" than someone that wants to take freedom away.

Isaac Bickerstaff
10-21-2008, 06:45 AM

Despite Bob Barr. It will be a testament to the horrendous nature of the "two" major party candidates.

Havax
10-21-2008, 06:48 AM
I really like Ron Paul, don't get me wrong. However, it's absurd people get so angry that Barr made his own decision not to attend something that supported people he fundamentally disagreed with that are radically different than probably McCain or Obama. Baldwin may be similar, but McKinney and Nader are way off the deep end in left field. Relax people, don't be dogmatic.

Isaac Bickerstaff
10-21-2008, 06:49 AM
I don't believe that has been quantified in any way (scientific or not), but you are probably correct in that Ron Paul supporters did not automatically go with Barr. I know many who will vote for McCain or Obama.

They are not/were never Ron Paul supporters if they could just throw their votes away on one of those two.

Conza88
10-21-2008, 06:56 AM
Any person shilling for Baldwin is anti-liberty. I'd rather be a "douchebag" than someone that wants to take freedom away.

Ok, so you're a self admitted douchebag... and I don't shill for Baldwin, so I ain't anti-liberty.

That just leaves you as a douche... lol

But yeah, if that was a general statement and not direct at me.. ok, kewl - carry on.. :rolleyes:

Aratus
10-21-2008, 07:11 AM
i'm having the horrid thought that if "undercover" obama people want a bang for the buck,
they could behoove themselves to make Bob Barr more efficient! they could quietly organize
for him, because he could pull people away from mccain/palin... ESPECIALLY in swingstates!
even if Bob Barr has had a small business, small government conversion, he still is a name
and then some amoungst the neo-cons due to his stances of yesteryear! ironically enough...

LibertyEagle
10-21-2008, 07:33 AM

I am voting for Baldwin, thank you very much.

And no, he wouldn't take away your freedom to worship Satan, or whatever it is you're trying to depict in your avatar.

Baldwin is a states' rights guy and a strong Constitutionalist. You just can't stand that he's also a Christian. Admit it.

brandon
10-21-2008, 07:46 AM
And no, he wouldn't take away your freedom to worship Satan, or whatever it is you're trying to depict in your avatar.

hahah :D

Chester Copperpot
10-21-2008, 07:53 AM

Baldwin is a states' rights guy and a strong Constitutionalist. You just can't stand that he's also a Christian. Admit it.

me too

ceakins
10-21-2008, 08:14 AM

Obviously you haven't researched the guy and his chairmanship of the Moral Majority. And obviously you don't know what your talking about, since your statement about satan. Moron I'm an atheist.

Or his anti-liberty stance on free trade.

Baldwin says we need to “rethink” the war on drugs, but he hasn’t advocated ending it. Instead he suggests sealing the border as the solution to our perceived drug problems. He hasn’t advocated freeing all non-violent drug offenders either. These are not in line with Ron Paul.

Baldwin was rated F by Poker Player’s Alliance for his stance on online gambling, anti-liberty.

In most of his writings and speeches he mentions religion or relates policy to it. This is unlike Ron Paul. Ron Paul rarely mentions religion on the campaign trail.

qh4dotcom
10-21-2008, 08:44 AM
I don't like what Barr did so I stopped sending donations right after the 3rd party press conference. As Shelly from BreakTheMatrix said, she and I will be voting for the Libertarian platform, not for Bob Barr. And I will be voting in this election to help the 2012 LP nominee, whom I think will be a true libertarian, get automatic ballot access for the 2012 election.

qh4dotcom
10-21-2008, 08:46 AM
And obviously you don't know what your talking about, since your statement about satan. Moron I'm an atheist.

I hope you realize that you just said the M word to one of the forum's moderators. Want him to ban you?

ceakins
10-21-2008, 08:46 AM
I don't like what Barr did so I stopped sending donations right after the 3rd party press conference. As Shelly from BreakTheMatrix said, she and I will be voting for the Libertarian platform, not for Bob Barr. And I will be voting in this election to help the 2012 LP nominee, whom I think will be a true libertarian, get automatic ballot access.

Exactly.

ceakins
10-21-2008, 08:48 AM
I hope you realize that you just said the M word to one of the forum's moderators. Want him to ban you?

The would be a completely futile endeavor, and pretty hypocritical.

tmosley
If there is no good choice, then vote for the worst candidate. Pray that he runs the country into the ground. Pray for oppression so horrendous that normal people stand up and call for revolution. Pray for mass murder by the government.

Obama '08! Now that's change we can believe in.

FindLiberty
qh4dotcom
I don't like what Barr did so I stopped sending donations right after the 3rd party press conference. As Shelly from BreakTheMatrix said, she and I will be voting for the Libertarian platform, not for Bob Barr. And I will be voting in this election to help the 2012 LP nominee, whom I think will be a true libertarian, get automatic ballot access.

ceakins
exactly.

Vote Libertarian. That's the plan... Win ballot access without fear of BB winning the race for POTUS!

StilesBC
10-21-2008, 08:54 AM
Look folks, Barr ain't gonna be president. Your vote for the LP isn't going to show any sort of support for Barr, but rather the Libertarian platform. Just because Barr is an ass, doesn't mean you shouldn't vote for the party. If you're a member of the party, just have his ass thrown out right after the election. Simple.

FindLiberty
10-21-2008, 08:55 AM
If there is no good choice, then vote for the worst candidate. Pray that he runs the country into the ground. Pray for oppression so horrendous that normal people stand up and call for revolution. Pray for mass murder by the government.

Good possibility (wake up call), but don't vote for BO unlesss you just have to vote for a winner...

Kade
10-21-2008, 08:56 AM
you're delusional.

Wrong. Barr is polling now at 1%. Hardly worth "also ran".

klamath
10-21-2008, 09:00 AM
I was going to vote Barr even though I had real questions about his moral charactor just for the chance to get the ideas out. I personally didn't agree with RP on the whole third party press conference but Barr agreed to come then backed out in the most despicable manor proving without a doubt his low moral charactor. RP got my write in vote.

Andrew-Austin
10-21-2008, 09:05 AM
Sounds like Paul was going to endorse Barr.

Look folks, Barr ain't gonna be president. Your vote for the LP isn't going to show any sort of support for Barr, but rather the Libertarian platform. Just because Barr is an ass, doesn't mean you shouldn't vote for the party. If you're a member of the party, just have his ass thrown out right after the election. Simple.

Qft.

nobody's_hero
10-21-2008, 09:18 AM
I look forward to joining the LP and taking part in its nomination process. No more Bob Barrs on my watch.

For this election, however, I'll probably leave the presidential slot blank or write-in Ron Paul.

Libertarianism isn't going to go away though. Here in Georgia, libertarian Allen Buckley won my vote over for U.S. Senate. He scores 100% in my books for fiscal conservativism and ending our world-police foreign policy. There's also some libertarians running for public service commissioner slots here in GA. I have no earthly idea what a public service commissioner does, though—sounds like a worthless state government position that could be better handled at county/municipal level :). Maybe the libertarians would abolish it if they get elected.

qh4dotcom
10-21-2008, 09:32 AM

I hope I am wrong but I wouldn't be surprised if all of that happens and the sheeple continue to accept and vote for the two-party system rather than start a revolution.

In 1944 the Democrats managed to get the top tax rate raised to 94%. Yes 94% in an election year and people happily continued to vote for and the Democrats won in 1944 and 1948.

FindLiberty
10-21-2008, 09:39 AM
Sounds like Paul was going to endorse Barr.

I don't think so. Why would Ron Paul have invited them ALL, and then only pick ONE? (making the other ones look like fools for appearing at that RP announcement event - that's not RP's style).

+++

If CB is not on the POTUS ballot in TX (and also has not filed to become a write-in), who else can RP possibly vote for? I see three choices (unless the election is cancelled). He won't vote for one of the two evil's, or would he?

1) WRITE IN HIS OWN NAME, RON PAUL if write-in status was achieved by supporters in TX, or he just might write his name in anyhow out of defiance?

or,

2) He may have to reluctantly CHECK OFF THE POTUS LIBERTARIAN CANDIDATE.

or,

3) Maybe he won't vote for POTUS.

RevolutionSD
10-21-2008, 09:54 AM
you're delusional.

"Best" in terms of what? Votes?? Who cares?

How much closer to liberty will Bob Barr get us? It's ridiculous to sell out to the republican establishment and then say you stand for freedom and liberty.

Barney
10-21-2008, 10:09 AM
Standing up Dr Paul is the least of his sins. The man's a phony. Check his voting record. The man is no more a libertarian than Cheney.

Basically an unemployed neocon who sought to capitalize on Paul's popularity by doing a 180 on everything he's done and stood for. And if the LP constituents are that easily duped, then its demise and cleansing is a good thing. Maybe a real Libertarian Party will emerge out of this fiasco.

jonahtrainer
10-21-2008, 10:13 AM
Standing up Dr Paul is the least of his sins. The man's a phony. Check his voting record. The man is no more a libertarian than Cheney.

Basically an unemployed neocon who sought to capitalize on Paul's popularity by doing a 180 on everything he's done and stood for. And if the LP constituents are that easily duped, then its demise and cleansing is a good thing. Maybe a real Libertarian Party will emerge out of this fiasco.

I don't like Bob Barr either.

alaric
10-21-2008, 10:22 AM
I really like Ron Paul, don't get me wrong. However, it's absurd people get so angry that Barr made his own decision not to attend something that supported people he fundamentally disagreed with that are radically different than probably McCain or Obama. Baldwin may be similar, but McKinney and Nader are way off the deep end in left field. Relax people, don't be dogmatic.

you are forgetting that he originally said he would attend.Big difference!

Brian4Liberty
10-21-2008, 10:40 AM
They are not/were never Ron Paul supporters if they could just throw their votes away on one of those two.

That's ironic, since they would say that we are throwing our votes away voting for people who will not win, or write-ins that will never be counted.

They are voting based on their strong dislike of Obama or McCain, and they want to vote for someone that has a chance of winning. The lesser of two evils. Sorry, that's the majority of the population.

Kind of like voting for Barr... ;)

ARealConservative
10-21-2008, 12:28 PM
Wrong. Barr is polling now at 1%. Hardly worth "also ran".

I believe 1.1% is the best the Libertarian Party has ever done and Barr will exceed those numbers, so your poll figures indicate that I am right. thanks for chiming in :p

Kade
10-21-2008, 12:33 PM
I believe 1.1% is the best the Libertarian Party has ever done and Barr will exceed those numbers, so your poll figures indicate that I am right. thanks for chiming in :p

Yes, Ed Clark.

Kade
10-21-2008, 12:41 PM
Wallace got 13.5% of the vote. So I suppose Barr could do alright.

Kludge
10-21-2008, 01:06 PM
John Hospers is the Libertarian who came closest to becoming POTUS.

HOLLYWOOD
10-21-2008, 01:24 PM
So what does the Libertarian Party think about Bob Barr's action(s)? Obvious that Bob Barr tried to pull a controversial "PR" move, thinking the MSM would inquire into why he was a 'NO SHOW' and get additional individual PRESS COVERAGE. This is something Campaign manager slime Ed Rollins (CCN political hack now) and Mike Huckabee would do.

Remember the political GIMMICKS/STUNTS Huckabee pulled for more MEDIA coverage?

Bob Barr's stunt failed, and failed bigtime, but like all the other "PARTIES' they will back their candidate, no matter how TOXIC he/she have become.

Unity in the 3rd parties was the only way to mount a surge against the Colluding 2 party dictatorship.

look past the stunts and see what the true cause and effect of the actions taken.

Personnally, Bob Barr blew it big time for the; LP, IP, GP, CP, & Ron Paul... BTW, who was trying unite all.

Bob Barr = Mike Huckabee (Slimey Sleaze Political actions @ anyone's expense)

surf
10-21-2008, 01:46 PM
:confused:
it's absurd people get so angry that Barr made his own decision not to attend something that supported people he fundamentally disagreed with

i disagree. the four items that all agreed on are essential to the movement toward liberty: no foreign wars, balanced budget, civil liberties, and no fed. if Barr disagrees with any of this, he's not a libertarian. this is what this news conference was about - it wasn't about the Corvair or massive environmental laws or subsidies for each of the candidates pet projects. it was about liberty and freedom.

like many here, i have voted LP my entire life when the option exists. i ran for State Treasurer a few years back as a libertarian, and i have served as the state party treasurer. i'm not sure who i'll vote for in November, but i'm going to have a tough time voting for Barr. i'm actually seriously considering Nader for he seems to have enough that i agree with him on (the four items above) and even though i disagree with his desire for social engineering, i kind of like how he speaks....

Feenix566
10-21-2008, 02:15 PM
This is a sad, sad election.

But hey, every cloud has a silver lining. Look on the bright side. At least Hillary's not gonna win! :)

Matt Collins
10-21-2008, 02:40 PM
At least Hillary's not gonna win! :)I think I'd rather have her than Obama

anotherone
10-21-2008, 03:17 PM

Yep. Face it, no 3rd party is going to do "well" in this election, so I want my vote to have a strategic meaning. The LP has the longest history of the major 3rd parties, is not built on a single issue, is not built on a cult of one personality. It's about the party platform. Americans build recognition over time with a party & platform. I would like the LP to gain familiarity with more Americans, and so will always vote for the LP candidate.

chudrockz
10-21-2008, 03:23 PM
you're delusional.

With all due respect, would you care to place a bet on that?

I'm a Libertarian Party member (and have been for about thirteen years) and for the first time since becoming a member, I will not be voting Libertarian for President.

Bob Barr is incompetant at best. Middle ground says he's a self-promoting jerk. At worst he's a neocon plant. In any case, there's not a snowball's chance he gets MY vote.

Baldwin/ '08

dawnbt
10-21-2008, 03:42 PM
i am voting for baldwin, thank you very much.

And no, he wouldn't take away your freedom to worship satan, or whatever it is you're trying to depict in your avatar.

Baldwin is a states' rights guy and a strong constitutionalist. You just can't stand that he's also a christian. Admit it.

+10000000

Ron Paul Vermont
10-21-2008, 03:54 PM
+10000000

+2000000000

ceakins
10-21-2008, 03:56 PM
+2000000000

+99999999999 Fucking Idiot.

Knightskye
10-21-2008, 04:11 PM

So if they weren't a moderator, it would be okay to call them a "moron"?

Baldwin is a states' rights guy and a strong constitutionalist. You just can't stand that he's also a christian. Admit it.

State's rights my ass:

Historically, the Libertarian Party believes in free access to drugs of all sorts, and I don't subscribe to that. They take no position on abortion. They take no position on "gay" marriage. And I believe marriage is between a man and a woman. I support DOMA, the Defense of Marriage Act.

Why does the Libertarian Party need a position on abortion? And wouldn't the Constitutional answer be leaving it up to the states, as well as gay marriage and drugs?

http://www.baldwin08.com/files/ChuckBaldwinlaunchescampaign.pdf

Baldwin said he would abolish federal income tax, slash government programs,
seal the border with Mexico and get U.S. troops out of Iraq and Afghanistan "as
expeditiously as possible.

How do you "seal" a border?

ceakins
10-21-2008, 05:13 PM
Baldwin is not a liberty candidate. Abortion shouldn't even be on a liberty candidates radar. I personally believe it shouldn't be used as birth control, but who am I to decide what a person is doing. It's really none of my business because they could be having one for medical reasons. But people like Baldwin would impose their will on a woman. he's also a sexist, he doesn't want women in the military which is completely anti-liberty. Think women should not be treated equal, not above but equal then you don't believe in the bill of rights.

EvilEngineer
10-21-2008, 05:21 PM
I don't know about everyone else, but I LIKE the pissed off Dr. Paul. Remember the debates, when they cornered him and gave him crap, and how his responses cut them down.

Time for nice Ron Paul is over...
Time for angry Ron Paul is now.

tpreitzel
10-21-2008, 05:21 PM
Abortion shouldn't even be on a liberty candidates radar. Think women should not be treated equal, not above but equal then you don't believe in the bill of rights.

Nonsense. Abortion should be on every liberty candidate's radar. A person's liberty depends on a person's life. Jefferson, writing for the signers, included the order of precedence as life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness in the DOI for a reason. ;)

voytechs
10-21-2008, 05:27 PM

I doubt he would have endorsed Barr. I think he hadn't endorsed either candidate because he didn't not want to trample over either Chuck's or Barr's voters. Barr just made that caution mute and allowed Dr. Paul to finally endorse Baldwin.

I've been watching how Dr. Paul answered the question about endorsement and every time he would underline that Chuck Baldwin was his real good friend who gave him unconditional support from the start of Dr. Paul's campaign. He just didn't want to officially endorse him because of respect for Barr and LP. The respect part Barr obviously lost. LP probably too in Dr. Paul's eyes for not taking a strong stance on Barr's attitude issue and probably for putting him up as a candidate in the first place.

voytechs
10-21-2008, 05:31 PM
They say that only 15% of the populace in any society has any brains, the rest are just sheeple. I guess that statistic might just be proven right with 15% not voting :) The rest will vote McBama.

Richie
10-21-2008, 05:32 PM
Enough crap about the moral majority! Individuals involved in Barr's campaign were involved with it as well, such as Richard Viguerie. Will you guys just grow up?

ceakins
Nonsense. Abortion should be on every liberty candidate's radar. A person's liberty depends on a person's life. Jefferson, writing for the signers, included the order of precedence as life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness in the DOI for a reason. ;)

That is complete crap. So you think there should be a law passed that takes the decision out of the womans hands? This is an issue that should between a woman and her doctor. Not YOU, her and her doctor. So the fetuses life should out weigh the womans right life?

qh4dotcom
So if they weren't a moderator, it would be okay to call them a "moron"?

No.

Chibioz
10-21-2008, 05:38 PM
I'm glad Barr showed his true colors.

s35wf
10-21-2008, 06:25 PM
I doubt it.

No thanks.

My thoughts exactly. I would have voted lp with Paul not being on the ballot; but I WILL NOT Vote for Barr. the man is a disgrace to the lp party. He is neocon who has supported the Patriot Act and also implemented the "war on drugs" He is a disgrace to liberatarian prinicples!

I guess in my state of FL, write in candidates will not count unless registered as a write in...... so i am left with either a choice of baldwin, nader, or mickey mouse. :(

ARealConservative
10-21-2008, 06:33 PM
all the anecdotal reasons given is hysterical.

Barr can lose each and every one of the voters behind the .2-.5% the Libertarian Party achieved in the recent past and still outproduce recent history.

So the next person that wants to use "I know he isn't going to do as well because I voted Libertarian in the past, and now I'm not" as an explanation just comes off looking dense. More people will vote Libertarian for the first time to easily replace the departed, hence the reason why he is polling high enough to outperform past candidates.

jabrownie
10-21-2008, 06:42 PM
I was going to vote LP for the first time, but not after that stunt Barr pulled. I support RP so I'll go with Baldwin.

Brassmouth
10-21-2008, 06:42 PM
any person shilling for baldwin is anti-liberty. I'd rather be a "douchebag" than someone that wants to take freedom away.

qft.

UnReconstructed
10-21-2008, 06:45 PM
barr is a cia plant.

ARealConservative
10-21-2008, 07:00 PM
barr is a cia plant.

that is idiotic, Ron Paul isn't stupid enough to encourage a CIA plant to run for the Libertarian Nomination.

Menthol Patch
10-21-2008, 07:30 PM
The neocon's in the "Libertarian Reform Caucus" are the ones responsible for Bob Barr getting the nomination and for the LP dying.

ArrestPoliticians
10-21-2008, 07:51 PM
http://reason.com/blog/show/129560.html

The New Yorker wrote an article about Bob Barr. It touched on the Press Conference. And I guess they asked Nader some questions:

:(

this makes me so angry/sad! I hate bob barr and his paid shills on this forum for even HOPING that we will vote for that douche after what he did to Ron Paul. No one should get away with backstabbing such a good man. I was at the press conference by the way, and RP was pissed. I have met him like 5 times and he wasnt saying anything, just signed my "Man, Economy, and State", although I didnt really notice at the time that anything significant was wrong. The most maddening thing looking back was that the only question asked by the only establishment journalist there was "does this barr snub show signs of disunity?". They asked this before anyone knew anything about why Barr didn't show. Makes you wonder...

dr. hfn
10-21-2008, 07:59 PM
I forgive Bob Barr.

those who would promote hate mongering, revenge, and anger do nothing to promote Liberty. The ron paul revolution wouldn't have happened if this kind of hate and non-forgiveness prevailed. Don't hate, love. Don't kill the Liberty movement, promote it.

Knightskye
10-22-2008, 12:15 AM
I forgive Bob Barr.

those who would promote hate mongering, revenge, and anger do nothing to promote Liberty. The ron paul revolution wouldn't have happened if this kind of hate and non-forgiveness prevailed. Don't hate, love. Don't kill the Liberty movement, promote it.

I suggested a sit-down between Paul and Barr. People just replied with anti-Barr comments. But you're right. We should be promoting reconciliation and peace.

jonahtrainer
10-22-2008, 12:37 AM
I suggested a sit-down between Paul and Barr. People just replied with anti-Barr comments. But you're right. We should be promoting reconciliation and peace.

Reconciliation and peace is fine. But Barr caused Ron Paul political pain and he should expect it in return. It is not like Ron Paul goes around giving political pleasure to Obama and McCain; he keeps inflicting as much political pain as possible every chance he gets.

Knightskye
10-22-2008, 01:01 AM
Reconciliation and peace is fine. But Barr caused Ron Paul political pain and he should expect it in return. It is not like Ron Paul goes around giving political pleasure to Obama and McCain; he keeps inflicting as much political pain as possible every chance he gets.

What political pain did Barr cause Paul by not showing up to a Republican congressman's third party candidate press conference?

DFF
10-22-2008, 02:00 AM
To Hell with Neocon-in-Libertarian-clothing Bob Barr.

Knightskye
10-22-2008, 02:39 AM
To Hell with Neocon-in-Libertarian-clothing Bob Barr.

Have you read this 2005 interview?
http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/december2005/111205totalitariandanger.htm

mitty
10-22-2008, 04:46 AM
I forgive Bob Barr.

maybe barr would have received more forgiveness had his staff not praised george bush and slandered paul afterwords

Truth Warrior
10-22-2008, 07:32 AM
Oh NO, not pacing back and forth and very angry! :eek:

:rolleyes:

acptulsa
10-22-2008, 07:41 AM
The most maddening thing looking back was that the only question asked by the only establishment journalist there was "does this barr snub show signs of disunity?"

On one level, that's incredibly funny. On another, it is hugely indicative of the state of the media. Something happens and the public says, oh, x happened or they say, oh, wtf happened? The media doesn't. They say, oh, how do I stuff this into one of our preapproved story type molds? How do I spin it?

ceakins
10-22-2008, 08:20 AM
this makes me so angry/sad! I hate bob barr and his paid shills on this forum for even HOPING that we will vote for that douche after what he did to Ron Paul. No one should get away with backstabbing such a good man. I was at the press conference by the way, and RP was pissed. I have met him like 5 times and he wasnt saying anything, just signed my "Man, Economy, and State", although I didnt really notice at the time that anything significant was wrong. The most maddening thing looking back was that the only question asked by the only establishment journalist there was "does this barr snub show signs of disunity?". They asked this before anyone knew anything about why Barr didn't show. Makes you wonder...

Paid shills? Go fuck yourself, I've spent hundreds of dollars donating money and time to Ron Paul, I'm pushing the libertarian party because it's good thing if they get a high percentage vote. You aren't the only one that's met him multiple times, I have too. The man fucked the movement plain and simple, he dropped his principles to endorse a candidate and by extension a party that isn't pro-liberty.

ceakins
10-22-2008, 08:25 AM

Of course not, the morons voting for Baldwin want to attack him, and claim he's a neo-con, even though he changed his fucking stances long before the goddamn presidential race.

ceakins
10-22-2008, 08:27 AM
maybe barr would have received more forgiveness had his staff not praised george bush and slandered paul afterwords

Source or STFU.

Kade
10-22-2008, 08:36 AM
I don't need anything but my personal knowledge of Bob Candy Barr. I lived in Cobb County most of my life, up to my first year of College. I know him well, and I hate him.

Simply put, this is a man that the LP targeted specifically because of his belligerence for the Constitution and Freedoms.

Simply put, this is Bob Barr's Revenge on the LP, and you morons are falling for it.

Enjoy.

ceakins
10-22-2008, 08:42 AM
I don't need anything but my personal knowledge of Bob Candy Barr. I lived in Cobb County most of my life, up to my first year of College. I know him well, and I hate him.

Simply put, this is a man that the LP targeted specifically because of his belligerence for the Constitution and Freedoms.

Simply put, this is Bob Barr's Revenge on the LP, and you morons are falling for it.

Enjoy.

Revenge? Your argument makes no logical sense, well neither does voting for Baldwin if you truly believe in liberty.

acptulsa
10-22-2008, 08:47 AM
Revenge? Your argument makes no logical sense, well neither does voting for Baldwin if you truly believe in liberty.

He says the LP split Barr's conservative vote, he lost a seat, he became a Libertarian rather suddenly and he adopted some issues designed to piss libertarians off and finally, publicly and purposely dissed Ron Paul to scuttle the party.

What the hell is hard to understand about this theory? Where are the holes in it?

Magicman
10-22-2008, 09:22 AM
Paid shills? Go fuck yourself, I've spent hundreds of dollars donating money and time to Ron Paul, I'm pushing the libertarian party because it's good thing if they get a high percentage vote. You aren't the only one that's met him multiple times, I have too. The man fucked the movement plain and simple, he dropped his principles to endorse a candidate and by extension a party that isn't pro-liberty.

I agree there must've been paid shills that's why CNN was obsessed with the reaction from the boards and also put the reaction of their shills starting topics it on their program.

They were probably testing the reaction from Ron Paul supporters over the issue, and thought this was a divisive plan.

ceakins
10-22-2008, 09:33 AM
He says the LP split Barr's conservative vote, he lost a seat, he became a Libertarian rather suddenly and he adopted some issues designed to piss libertarians off and finally, publicly and purposely dissed Ron Paul to scuttle the party.

What the hell is hard to understand about this theory? Where are the holes in it?

Really then explain why back in 2005 Barr was giving bush shit over the Iraq War. So suddenly to you is 3 years?

gls
10-22-2008, 09:35 AM
Source or STFU.

http://www.independentpoliticalreport.com/2008/09/barr-campaign-manager-bush-showed-incredible-leadership-criticizes-ron-paul-and-followers/

ceakins
10-22-2008, 09:50 AM
http://www.independentpoliticalreport.com/2008/09/barr-campaign-manager-bush-showed-incredible-leadership-criticizes-ron-paul-and-followers/

Dear Friend,

Before I move forward with an important report for today, I would like to recognize and remember the 2,819 men and women who lost their lives seven years ago. As a result of the attacks of September 11th, Americans came together, setting aside differences in order mourn our shared losses and assist our neighbors in need.

May we never forget . . .

In times of crisis, strength in leadership requires boldness of character, clear direction and firm resolve. As we witnessed after the attacks of September 11th, President George W. Bush showed incredible leadership as he stood atop a fire truck amidst the rubble of the twin towers to rally America.

While the quality of leadership is rare enough, principled leaders are few and far between. Those who do appear to posses the traits necessary to lead, for reasons only known to themselves, frequently choose not to stand on principle.

Tell me, what is untrue about that statement?

acptulsa
10-22-2008, 10:00 AM
Really then explain why back in 2005 Barr was giving bush shit over the Iraq War. So suddenly to you is 3 years?

Can't say exactly what part of the time frame between him leaving Congress in early 2003 and this date in 2005 he used to "see the light". But considering how difficult it has been for me to get people to look clearly and rationally at some of their most valued and closely held delusions, yes I do think two and a half years is pretty sudden. Assuming it took that long.

And the defining moment of his life during that time was the LP doing something that had to piss him off.

Fortunately, it doesn't matter. I don't think this is the LP's year and I don't think it would otherwise have been their year. And, despite what do appear to be Barr's best efforts, I don't think it will be the end of the LP.

georgiaboy
10-22-2008, 10:14 AM
Third party is the only place conservatives have this cycle. McBailout sealed it.

Barr's got a handle on the major policies (night/day compared w/McBailout-Obailout) coupled with name recognition and wide ballot access. Plus he's a former Republican, which for lots of conservative voters is actually an asset - gives him street cred vs. the 'loony libertarians'. For these same folks, distancing himself somewhat from "loony" Ron Paul, and definitely Nader & MicKinney, is a good thing.

Expect big numbers for Barr this year. LP members who don't vote for Barr because of something as ultimately inconsequential as a press conference no-show gaffe must be some kinda crazy not to jump on this bandwagon.

I'm a Republican, and I'll be pulling levers for LP both for president and senator, and possibly further down ticket. Why on earth LP members wouldn't seize this opportunity to try and ensure future success against the duopoly - wow.

HOLLYWOOD
10-22-2008, 10:15 AM

Being part of the EX-SLEAZE U.S. Government... you have to understand MISINFORMATION and DISIMFORMATION.

Very well conjured up and polished "PUBLIC PROPAGANDA"... AND, to give you a recent PERFECT example;

FDIC chairman Sheila Blair... lashes out at the FED/TREASURY/U.S. government for NOT going far enough. ($850 BILLION BAILOUT BILL + PAULSON BERNAKE SCHEMES = $2.25 TRILLION NOT ENOUGH? WTF?)

http://marketplace.publicradio.org/display/web/2008/10/16/mortgage_fix (http://marketplace.publicradio.org/display/web/2008/10/16/mortgage_fix)

"FDIC Chairwoman Sheila Blair is publicly criticizing the administration's $700 billion bailout package, saying it doesn't do enough to help Americans facing foreclosures. Sarah Gardner reports."

This is from one of the 3 FINANCIAL STOOGES (Blair, Bernake, Paulson) that have been doing ALL THE BACKROOM DEALS, slicing and dicing of BANKS, handing the gold/silver ASSETS to JP MORGAN, Goldman Sachs, etc.

Gesus, Sheila Blair has been "In Bed" with the rest of the INNER CIRCLE GOVERNMENT MONEY GANG, on ALL THIS from the BEGINNNING... Here's a perfect example of the "GOOD COP / BAD COP" senario to the public.

This is how you do the well placed and polish press releases/public comments. It's ALL INTENTIONAL, it's ALL PLANNED!

Barr... ALL INTENTIONAL, ALL PLANNED... christ, he's EX CIA and I know EXACTLY that methology, policy, procedures... Bob Barr BLEW IT, and it's easy to disect!

nobody's_hero
10-22-2008, 10:17 AM
Tell me, what is untrue about that statement?

G.W. Bush is no leader.

I wrote to the libertarian presidential campaign staff after the 3rd Party Press conference, after I read that disgusting stretch of 9/11 leadership B.S. by Shane Cory and Russ Verney: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=1672779&postcount=1

Then there was LP co-founder David Nolan's explanation of what happened to the Barr campaign (http://www.nolanchart.com/article4805.html).

The leaders of 9/11 were the public safety officers of Fire and P.D. who were either buried under the rubble or left to fend for themselves while searching for their primary search teams.

Ooooh, Aaaahh. Bush stood on a firetruck.

"Hail to the chief." :rolleyes:

Kade
10-22-2008, 10:43 AM

Barr wants revenge. If you don't know why, you don't know the man.

ceakins
10-22-2008, 11:04 AM
Barr wants revenge. If you don't know why, you don't know the man.

Revenge for what?

acptulsa
10-22-2008, 11:10 AM
Revenge for what?

How many times do we need to repeat ourselves? Go read the damned thread. You got the concept a page or two ago.

georgiaboy
10-22-2008, 11:16 AM
Revenge for what?

a little help:
http://newworldliberty.wordpress.com/2008/09/15/libertarians-say-bye-bye-to-bob-barr/

ceakins
10-22-2008, 11:28 AM
a little help:
http://newworldliberty.wordpress.com/2008/09/15/libertarians-say-bye-bye-to-bob-barr/

This is not proof he is out for revenge, in fact he has addressed this in interviews, and has said there is no hard feelings. Maybe that was actually is wake up call.

acptulsa
10-22-2008, 11:46 AM
This is not proof he is out for revenge, in fact he has addressed this in interviews, and has said there is no hard feelings. Maybe that was actually is wake up call.

Maybe.

What a wonderful word. We used it saying he might have a desire for revenge. You use it to convey that he might not.

Don't you think that, if he were on the up and up, he could have found a way to cement his relationship with other former neocon voters that didn't involve pissing most of the libertarians off? I think he probably could have.

georgiaboy
10-22-2008, 11:54 AM

here's a blog entry talking about Barr/Revenge:
http://newworldliberty.wordpress.com/2008/09/11/bob-barr-campaign-pronounced-dead/

I'd say it's circumstantial evidence at best, and there's plenty of room for Barr to defend himself to his critics.

You asked for where the revenge angle was coming from -- 2002 primary is where people generally say it all started.

ceakins
10-22-2008, 12:07 PM
here's a blog entry talking about Barr/Revenge:
http://newworldliberty.wordpress.com/2008/09/11/bob-barr-campaign-pronounced-dead/

I'd say it's circumstantial evidence at best, and there's plenty of room for Barr to defend himself to his critics.

You asked for where the revenge angle was coming from -- 2002 primary is where people generally say it all started.

Ah yes an article claiming Lew Rockwell slammed Barr, then link to articles on Lews site that well weren't written by Lew.

jeepndesert
10-22-2008, 05:49 PM
Ah yes an article claiming Lew Rockwell slammed Barr, then link to articles on Lews site that well weren't written by Lew.

Charlie, I edited your first post to New World Liberty. You even stated in your second post, I was referring to LewRockwell.com, the site, not the person.

I have personal experience since I worked on the Carole Ann Rand campaign against Bob Barr in 2002. The way he snubbed Ron Paul reminded me of the way Bob Barr was in 2002. In 2002, Bob Barr was campaigning that he was a leader and had television ads with images of a raging black stallion. Bob Barr 2008 was starting to look a lot like Bob Barr 2002.

Several bloggers at LewRockwell.com and even David Nolan criticized Bob Barr for snubbing Ron Paul.

Bob Barr is no Ron Paul. I gave him the benefit of the doubt and tried to campaign for Bob Barr. However, it was difficult because of his past. He went from enemy of the Libertarian Party to top of the ticket in 6 years. His CIA past didn't help matters.

The Libertarian Party speculated back in the 90s that the Republican Party would try to take over the party. Memory of those days seemed applicable to the current situation with Bob Barr packing the convention with Georgia, Nevada, and California delegates. Subtract delegates from Georgia or California, and Dr. Mary Ruwart would have been the nominee.

Dr. Mary Ruwart was the obvious choice. She has no baggage and decades of experience campaigning as a Libertarian. She deserved the nomination and would have been the obvious choice to carry the Ron Paul torch.

Timing is everything. This was the Libertarian Party's year, and Bob Barr stole it.

ARealConservative
10-22-2008, 06:04 PM

the major hole in this dipshit theory is Barr will garner more votes and more attention for the Libertarian Party then any other candidate willing to run as a Libertarian.

Badnaretard couldn't even garner .5% of the vote which Barr will triple at a minimum.

ArrestPoliticians
10-22-2008, 06:14 PM

the major hole in this dipshit theory is Barr will garner more votes and more attention for the Libertarian Party then any other candidate willing to run as a Libertarian.

Badnaretard couldn't even garner .5% of the vote which Barr will triple at a minimum.

hmm, Barr supporters first attack Patriots Paul, then Badnarik...

Sorry, but this isn't the time for ideological dogma, it is the time to support honest men(as if Barr was an ideologically pure libertarian LOL).

ARealConservative
10-22-2008, 06:20 PM

Sorry, but this isn't the time for ideological dogma, it is the time to support honest men(as if Barr was an ideologically pure libertarian LOL).

you are a frigging joke.

tpreitzel
10-22-2008, 06:25 PM

Ironically, if our nation is to remain free, it likely won't be due to the efforts of Libertarians. Later, after non-Libertarians have shed their blood securing liberty for all, the Libertarian fringe can sit back in their recliner, sip a cup of tea, and blab about their exploits to their grandchildren around a crackling fire. Comfy ... ;)

If someone fires the first shot, it'll have to be a member of Republican or Democratic Parties. :)

ArrestPoliticians
10-22-2008, 06:31 PM
you are a frigging joke.

Yes.

Andrew-Austin
10-22-2008, 07:06 PM
I do not empathize with the reactionary argument of "how dare Barr do that to Paul, he is now the son of satan in my eyes"....

I just view the incident as a mistake. People do make mistakes, conspiracy theories aside. Barr might have made the mistake of listening to a few bumblers in his campaign.

Since Barr is obviously not going to win, I'm not so much interested in the question of his moral integrity. No one can prove whether he is sincere, or insincere in his conversation to Libertarianism. If I vote for him, the vote would be based solely on the Libertarian platform.

Dr. Mary Ruwart was the obvious choice. She has no baggage and decades of experience campaigning as a Libertarian. She deserved the nomination and would have been the obvious choice to carry the Ron Paul torch.

Timing is everything. This was the Libertarian Party's year, and Bob Barr stole it.

Yeah Ruwart would have been much better. :(

Knightskye
10-22-2008, 07:16 PM
I do not empathize with the reactionary argument of "how dare Barr do that to Paul, he is now the son of satan in my eyes"....

I just view the incident as a mistake. People do make mistakes, conspiracy theories aside. Barr might have made the mistake of listening to a few bumblers in his campaign.

Since Barr is obviously not going to win, I'm not so much interested in the question of his moral integrity. No one can prove whether he is sincere, or insincere in his conversation to Libertarianism. If I vote for him, the vote would be based solely on the Libertarian platform.

Common sense. I'd thought it was gone forever!

People would have complained that she was too much of a purist, and keep beating the dead horse about the porn thing. And they'd say we need someone "grounded" like Baldwin. We need liberty.

escapinggreatly
10-22-2008, 07:54 PM
People would have complained that she was too much of a purist, and keep beating the dead horse about the porn thing. And they'd say we need someone "grounded" like Baldwin. We need liberty.

Liberty? What we "need" is a push to make libertarianism be seen as more mainstream, and less as just one of the many faceless, soulless "third parties where wackos go to die."

http://www.meltingpotproject.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/10/22/libertariansig.jpg
The Melting Pot Project: Proportional Representation. New Parties. Intern Jokes. (http://www.meltingpotproject.com/)

ScotTX
10-22-2008, 08:19 PM
I was on the fence between Barr and Baldwin, but Barr helped me make my decesion by not showing up at the press conference. He actually turned me off to the Libertarian party since they nominated the scumbag turncoat traitor. I hope Dr. Paul runs again in 2012. He may be 76 years old at that time, but I find that somehow fitting!

nobody's_hero
10-22-2008, 08:31 PM
Liberty? What we "need" is a push to make libertarianism be seen as more mainstream, and less as just one of the many faceless, soulless "third parties where wackos go to die."

Oh, libertarianism is going to become mainstream. As for Libertarian party itself? I don't know. I hope that they don't lose sight of the philosophy of liberty in their quest to be taken seriously.

Knightskye
10-22-2008, 10:34 PM

Why's it faceless and soulless?

ceakins
10-23-2008, 06:18 AM
Charlie, I edited your first post to New World Liberty. You even stated in your second post, I was referring to LewRockwell.com, the site, not the person.

I have personal experience since I worked on the Carole Ann Rand campaign against Bob Barr in 2002. The way he snubbed Ron Paul reminded me of the way Bob Barr was in 2002. In 2002, Bob Barr was campaigning that he was a leader and had television ads with images of a raging black stallion. Bob Barr 2008 was starting to look a lot like Bob Barr 2002.

Several bloggers at LewRockwell.com and even David Nolan criticized Bob Barr for snubbing Ron Paul.

Bob Barr is no Ron Paul. I gave him the benefit of the doubt and tried to campaign for Bob Barr. However, it was difficult because of his past. He went from enemy of the Libertarian Party to top of the ticket in 6 years. His CIA past didn't help matters.

The Libertarian Party speculated back in the 90s that the Republican Party would try to take over the party. Memory of those days seemed applicable to the current situation with Bob Barr packing the convention with Georgia, Nevada, and California delegates. Subtract delegates from Georgia or California, and Dr. Mary Ruwart would have been the nominee.

And you are? 1 Post, you could be a troll for all I know. Who is Dr. Mary Ruwart ? Never heard of her, and neither has anyone else, Bob Barr however is name recognition and that's what you don't get.

ceakins
10-23-2008, 06:22 AM
Common sense. I'd thought it was gone forever!

So you think liberty is dictating what people do in their own home?

jmlfod87
10-23-2008, 07:08 AM
And you are? 1 Post, you could be a troll for all I know. Who is Dr. Mary Ruwart ? Never heard of her, and neither has anyone else, Bob Barr however is name recognition and that's what you don't get.

She was the candidate favored to win the libertarian nomination before Bob Barr stepped into the race. She almost beat him too, it took 6 ballots and the endorsement of Wayne Allyn Root for Barr to secure the nomination.

ARealConservative
10-23-2008, 07:08 AM

great post Andew-Austin. It's unfortunate that this type of common sense isn't more prevalent in the movement.

ceakins
10-23-2008, 07:58 AM
She was the candidate favored to win the libertarian nomination before Bob Barr stepped into the race. She almost beat him too, it took 6 ballots and the endorsement of Wayne Allyn Root for Barr to secure the nomination.

Again anyone outside of the Libertarian party even know about her?

Truth Warrior
10-23-2008, 08:01 AM

Yep, I did. :)

ceakins
10-23-2008, 08:29 AM
Yep, I did. :)

And you are everybody right? I've never heard of her. Nobody I know has heard of her. Not saying she is a bad candidate, but everyone I know has heard of Bob Barr. I'm voting for the platform, not the man, and he has name recognition. And if you come from the marketing world like I do, you would know that branding is everything. Now if the LP could get someone like Jesse Ventura, then that would be an extremely good year for the LP.

jeepndesert
10-23-2008, 09:41 AM

how can you say this when half of that 0.5% won't be voting for bob barr because he is bob barr. you think lots of people are suddenly going to vote libertarian this year who wouldn't otherwise because bob barr is on the ticket?

you are such a noob. most people don't vote libertarian when there is a republican and a democrat running for president. most people actually think their vote makes a difference when they vote for a republican or democrat president. bob barr will be lucky to get 0.3% of the vote.

if bob barr gets more votes this year than the last libertarian it will be because of john mccain and barack obama, not because of bob barr.

jeepndesert
10-23-2008, 09:51 AM

you've confirmed your noob status. anyone who has ever had internet access and a libertarian party membership card knows who dr. mary ruwart is, the libertarian communicator.

you got to please your base and nominate someone who makes sense when she does get media attention.

you can't nominate someone with baggage and expect people to suddenly vote 3rd party because they nominated a recognizable loser.

you got to put up someone respectable and who has dedicated their life in communicating libertarian principles so when someone does finally reject the republican-democrat party, they can be reached with a new voice.

jeepndesert
10-23-2008, 10:00 AM
And you are everybody right? I've never heard of her. Nobody I know has heard of her. Not saying she is a bad candidate, but everyone I know has heard of Bob Barr. I'm voting for the platform, not the man, and he has name recognition. And if you come from the marketing world like I do, you would know that branding is everything. Now if the LP could get someone like Jesse Ventura, then that would be an extremely good year for the LP.

In the 90s, Clint Eastwood was the dream candidate.

Bob Barr is no Jesse Ventura and no Clint Eastwood. That is the point. He does more harm than good.

When a person votes Libertarian for president, they are voting for a message, not for someone with experience because they know the candidate won't win.

jeepndesert
10-23-2008, 10:04 AM

they would quickly learn as they learned about ron paul.

it is much easier to sell the doctor ruwart to the doctor paul supporters than it is to sell a flip-flopper.

jeepndesert
10-23-2008, 10:25 AM

It was the dumbest mistake in the history of the party. He basically threw away the largest surge in libertarian support behind Ron Paul just to appear arrogant.

If it was Mary Ruwart, should would have been on television with Ron Paul instead of Ralph Nader selling the message.

Someone really wants to vote for Bob Barr's recognizable diplomatic experience? The stupid, raging stallion.

jeepndesert
10-23-2008, 10:36 AM
It would basically be best for us to admit we were fooled. We were sleeping at the wheel and nominated a huge mistake for a critical election.

Bob Barr should be happy he was being paid to lobby for the MPP and work for the ACLU. Few people get paid for their work in the Libertarian movement. That is where he should remain. He isn't a candidate of choice.

Truth Warrior
10-23-2008, 12:14 PM
And you are everybody right? I've never heard of her. Nobody I know has heard of her. Not saying she is a bad candidate, but everyone I know has heard of Bob Barr. I'm voting for the platform, not the man, and he has name recognition. And if you come from the marketing world like I do, you would know that branding is everything. Now if the LP could get someone like Jesse Ventura, then that would be an extremely good year for the LP. Incorrect! I'm only me. All I did was answer your question.

I Don't Mind If You Keep Voting, But Do You Mind If I Keep Laughing While You Do?
http://www.strike-the-root.com/82/alston/alston1.html (http://www.strike-the-root.com/82/alston/alston1.html)

ceakins
10-23-2008, 12:21 PM
you've confirmed your noob status. anyone who has ever had internet access and a libertarian party membership card knows who dr. mary ruwart is, the libertarian communicator.

you got to please your base and nominate someone who makes sense when she does get media attention.

you can't nominate someone with baggage and expect people to suddenly vote 3rd party because they nominated a recognizable loser.

you got to put up someone respectable and who has dedicated their life in communicating libertarian principles so when someone does finally reject the republican-democrat party, they can be reached with a new voice.

You've confirmed you're a dumbshit, nowhere did I say I was a libertarian party member.

ARealConservative
10-23-2008, 01:11 PM
how can you say this when half of that 0.5% won't be voting for bob barr because he is bob barr. you think lots of people are suddenly going to vote libertarian this year who wouldn't otherwise because bob barr is on the ticket?

you are such a noob. most people don't vote libertarian when there is a republican and a democrat running for president. most people actually think their vote makes a difference when they vote for a republican or democrat president. bob barr will be lucky to get 0.3% of the vote.

if bob barr gets more votes this year than the last libertarian it will be because of john mccain and barack obama, not because of bob barr.

the noob that just joined and has 10 posts is calling me a noob. :rolleyes:

Barr will get more votes because he is the most mainstream candidate the Libertarian Party has attracted in some time. This is why he is polling better then prior candidaes and is getting more media face time.

You are going to look like an idiot in a month, I'lll be sure to bump this thread - assuming your noob ass hasn't tucked tail and ran by then.

Paulitician
10-23-2008, 01:48 PM
Bob Barr shouldn't call himself a Libertarian. He's still a repug!

ceakins
10-23-2008, 02:30 PM
Bob Barr shouldn't call himself a Libertarian. He's still a repug!

http://api.ning.com/files/tlB4pKQX5mhQg842e--k1X9Lg5L8WZ5rCzWkQSXXy4w_/pug0507.jpg

Apparition
10-23-2008, 03:32 PM
I'll vote for Baldwin.. I like his Christian values. =)
I hope Barr and the rest of the 3rd candidates have a good showing though. =)

shelly
10-23-2008, 05:34 PM
I don't like what Barr did so I stopped sending donations right after the 3rd party press conference. As Shelly from BreakTheMatrix said, she and I will be voting for the Libertarian platform, not for Bob Barr. And I will be voting in this election to help the 2012 LP nominee, whom I think will be a true libertarian, get automatic ballot access for the 2012 election.

YES!!!!! We all know Barr won't win, but I want the LP to have better footing in the next election. So... I'm voting LIBERTARIAN.

Dorfsmith
10-23-2008, 05:36 PM
I'm going to hold my nose and vote for Barr too.

Knightskye
10-23-2008, 07:33 PM
http://api.ning.com/files/tlB4pKQX5mhQg842e--k1X9Lg5L8WZ5rCzWkQSXXy4w_/pug0507.jpg

Hahaha. Who could say no to a re-pug? :D

escapinggreatly
10-23-2008, 08:24 PM
I'm going to hold my nose and vote for Barr too.

Sounds almost like voting for one of the Big Two...

http://www.meltingpotproject.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/10/22/libertariansig.jpg
The Melting Pot Project: Proportional Representation. New Parties. Intern Jokes. (http://www.meltingpotproject.com/)

Dorfsmith
10-23-2008, 08:33 PM
Sounds almost like voting for one of the Big Two...

It does except it sends a message to the Republicans that McCain was the wrong choice. I could write in Chuck Baldwin but I have almost as many problems with him as I do with Barr. I did seriously consider Nader but couldn't go through with it. Barr really is my only option.

slantedview
10-23-2008, 08:34 PM
YES!!!!! We all know Barr won't win, but I want the LP to have better footing in the next election. So... I'm voting LIBERTARIAN.

yea, i guess that works.

kombayn
10-23-2008, 09:20 PM
you're delusional.

I bet you $100.00 that Bob Barr won't even get 600,000 votes.

escapinggreatly
10-23-2008, 09:30 PM

Hmmm. I think I'd take the over on that. Not by much, but, still, over.

Knightskye
10-23-2008, 11:10 PM
It does except it sends a message to the Republicans that McCain was the wrong choice. I could write in Chuck Baldwin but I have almost as many problems with him as I do with Barr. I did seriously consider Nader but couldn't go through with it. Barr really is my only option.

What problems do you have with Barr?

jeepndesert
10-23-2008, 11:17 PM

i second that

jeepndesert
10-23-2008, 11:20 PM
the noob that just joined and has 10 posts is calling me a noob. :rolleyes:

Barr will get more votes because he is the most mainstream candidate the Libertarian Party has attracted in some time. This is why he is polling better then prior candidaes and is getting more media face time.

You are going to look like an idiot in a month, I'lll be sure to bump this thread - assuming your noob ass hasn't tucked tail and ran by then.

i wasn't calling you a noob. i was talking about charlie who has never been a libertarian. whether he is voting mccain or obama is still in question.

Kludge
10-23-2008, 11:22 PM
I predict a total of 1,368,000 votes, or ~.6-.9% of the vote, and would be very willing to stake $50.00 on him receiving in excess of 600k votes.

Knightskye
10-23-2008, 11:28 PM
Okay, can we lock this thread?

jcarcinogen
10-23-2008, 11:36 PM
A tragedy this man is the LP nominee.:(

I'm glad my state has no requirements to be counted for POTUS write-in's, so I will be writing in Ron Paul (I can't think of a better man to vote for, period.)

US Presidential Write-in Candidate Requirements for each State: http://writein2008.blogspot.com/

Also he has met write-in requirements for California (http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/023626.html).

jeepndesert
10-24-2008, 12:22 AM
you're delusional.

Have you ever even voted Libertarian? I show up on the FEC database giving money to Libertarians. You?

This is the first time I'm not voting for the Libertarian nominee for President in years.

I think you need to sit down and shut up instead of calling true libertarians delusional. You are starting to appear foolish.

Knightskye
10-24-2008, 12:33 AM
Okay, can we lock this thread?

I think I should have the ability to lock my own thread, so long as it's been up for at least 24 hours.

Kludge
10-24-2008, 12:37 AM
I think I should have the ability to lock my own thread, so long as it's been up for at least 24 hours.

I think I should have the ability to shoot lethal laser beams from my eyes.

Pew pew pew.

jeepndesert
10-24-2008, 12:39 AM
This is a sad, sad election.

But hey, every cloud has a silver lining. Look on the bright side. At least Hillary's not gonna win! :)

when the libertarian party runs a neocon puppet, something is wrong.

bob barr's worthless son got paid a lot of campaign money, and i think bob barr collected some money from the mpp while he was actively getting revenge on the libertarian party.

bob barr still comes off as a retard, but he did successfully managed to sabotage the libertarian party and splinter support among third parties during a critical election.

the libertarian party needs to reform their convention rules where states have a number of votes in proportion to their population rather than how many neocon delegates they can bus to the convention from georgia.

the silver lining is that bob barr hasn't raised enough money to run his bob bar is a stallion and bob barr is gooder ads on television.

the harry browne infomercial wasn't much better.

jeepndesert
10-24-2008, 01:05 AM
all the anecdotal reasons given is hysterical.

Barr can lose each and every one of the voters behind the .2-.5% the Libertarian Party achieved in the recent past and still outproduce recent history.

So the next person that wants to use "I know he isn't going to do as well because I voted Libertarian in the past, and now I'm not" as an explanation just comes off looking dense. More people will vote Libertarian for the first time to easily replace the departed, hence the reason why he is polling high enough to outperform past candidates.

If you weren't such a noob, you'd understand that only dedicated Libertarians vote for a Libertarian presidential ticket. Most "conservatives" will vote for McCain so that Obama will not get elected.

Now since a neocon is on the Libertarian ticket...well, good luck convincing the "true conservatives" on voting for Bob Barr. Go to a GOP forum and try to convince all those McCain supporters to vote for Bob Barr while they're busy bashing Obama.

And good luck trying to convince the true Libertarians to vote for Bob Barr when they can write-in Ron Paul.

Let me know how that goes. I spent about 2 weeks trying to campaign for Bob Barr until I realized I was wasting my time. Snub-gate confirmed that Bob Barr was a waste of time and confirmed to me that Bob Barr was the same man I campaigned against in 2002.

Campaigning for Mary Ruwart would have been much easier.

There are several people here that agree with me. I really don't want to spend my time campaigning for a candidate when I encounter resistance from even Libertarians.

You really have no idea what it means to be a Libertarian until you stand on election night with Harry Browne, the trannies, and a few other Libertarians, hoping that the local news will report the Libertarian results.

When some dumbass comes to my blog from this forum calling me an idiot in regards to my personal experience with Bob Barr, I will waste my time talking about it. Fighting with dumbasses is a nice break from fighting the New World Order.

jeepndesert
10-24-2008, 01:19 AM
I don't know about everyone else, but I LIKE the pissed off Dr. Paul. Remember the debates, when they cornered him and gave him crap, and how his responses cut them down.

Time for nice Ron Paul is over...
Time for angry Ron Paul is now.

I second that. I was hoping Alex Jones would rub off a little on Ron Paul.

I've been trying to hook up my representative, Dr. Phil Gingrey, to buddy up with Ron Paul since they even have their first career in common. I finally got my mother to email Dr. Gingrey Ron Paul's bill to abolish the Federal Reserve to him after the bailout bill. She knows him personally.

While anger is probably bad while campaigning, we do need to communicate clearly with our representatives by showing as much anger as legally possible.

jeepndesert
10-24-2008, 01:24 AM
The neocon's in the "Libertarian Reform Caucus" are the ones responsible for Bob Barr getting the nomination and for the LP dying.

You can't stop a Western Digital hard drive. I still had the original ad on my hard drive from the 2002 campaign.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0dpv5xIucc

For some reason I knew it would be useful in the future.

jeepndesert
10-24-2008, 01:29 AM

i think alex jones smelled the rat when he said bob barr was sucker punching the libertarian party this year.

whether he is a neocon plant or not, he is severely incompetent at best, whether he is shooting a door or campaigning. the 2002 election between john linder and bob barr showed that clearly.

jeepndesert
10-24-2008, 01:37 AM
Source or STFU.

http://www.dailypaul.com/node/61595

jeepndesert
10-24-2008, 01:42 AM

While I don't support the anti-gay, pro-life views of Chuck Baldwin, I must agree with the poster in regards to Bob Barr and having lived in his district for most of my life.

I live in Cobb County too. I campaigned against Bob Barr. My mother worked side-by-ide with Bob Barr in the Cobb County Superior Court. She feels sorry for him for being an incompetent retard.

jeepndesert
10-24-2008, 01:53 AM
you are a frigging joke.

most of the people here are laughing at you. and i think you know it since you even accused me of laughing at you when i was laughing at the other neocon shill here.

Brassmouth
10-24-2008, 02:51 AM
WTF!

There is absolutely no need to make 8 posts in a row!

I hope the Mods blast you into infinity.

nobody's_hero
10-24-2008, 03:30 AM
jeepndesert is going to blow my post count out of the water in about 2 more days. :D

I do think this thread should just as well die.

November will tell.

jcarcinogen
10-24-2008, 04:20 AM
Guess Barr didn't make the 3rd party candidate debate last night. His so called response he had to the other debates was pathetic. Besides only LP members would even know where to see that 'response'.

ceakins
10-24-2008, 05:52 AM
Guess Barr didn't make the 3rd party candidate debate last night. His so called response he had to the other debates was pathetic. Besides only LP members would even know where to see that 'response'.

Some reason you need to shill for jeepster?

ceakins
10-24-2008, 05:54 AM
Have you ever even voted Libertarian? I show up on the FEC database giving money to Libertarians. You?

This is the first time I'm not voting for the Libertarian nominee for President in years.

I think you need to sit down and shut up instead of calling true libertarians delusional. You are starting to appear foolish.

Considering you fucking spammed this thread with 8 messages in a row, maybe you need to shut the fuck up yourself.

ceakins
10-24-2008, 05:57 AM
i wasn't calling you a noob. i was talking about charlie who has never been a libertarian. whether he is voting mccain or obama is still in question.

No I'm voting for Bob Barr you mental midget. But if you actually read anything, you would know that.

ARealConservative
10-24-2008, 06:34 AM
most of the people here are laughing at you. and i think you know it since you even accused me of laughing at you when i was laughing at the other neocon shill here.

tool

speciallyblend
10-24-2008, 06:46 AM
harry browne got more coverage then barr!!!, joe the plumber runs a better campaign then the lp/barr...

Xenophage
10-24-2008, 09:54 AM
you're delusional.

Not possible. The best the LP ever did was in 1980 when we got 1.2 million votes.

That's not happening this election. It could have happened if we had a good candidate, though.

Delivered4000
10-24-2008, 11:43 AM
Barr is shit

ARealConservative
10-24-2008, 11:44 AM
Not possible. The best the LP ever did was in 1980 when we got 1.2 million votes.

That's not happening this election. It could have happened if we had a good candidate, though.

yes, we already talked about that. it represented 1.1%, which poll's indicate Barr is able to meet and even exceed.

jeepndesert
10-24-2008, 07:00 PM
Considering you fucking spammed this thread with 8 messages in a row, maybe you need to shut the fuck up yourself.

But I have 16 pages of your spam to make my 8 responses.

Kludge
10-24-2008, 07:02 PM
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t266/stvmacd/badass-lazerz-pew-pew-pew.jpg

jeepndesert
10-24-2008, 07:02 PM
harry browne got more coverage then barr!!!, joe the plumber runs a better campaign then the lp/barr...

lol. ya, harry browne actually raised enough money to run televisions ads too. it helped that his volunteers, er, family, didn't demand payment for helping to spend the campaign funds.

every bob barr supporter at this point is either a shill or completely naive. the mpp and the aclu should fire this jerk taking their money.

jeepndesert
10-24-2008, 07:05 PM
tool

doing my best obama loser hand gesture for the 2 bob barr shills.

harry browne definitely didn't employ metal head dumbasses to call libertarians a bunch of idiots.

jeepndesert
10-24-2008, 07:09 PM

bob barr is a stallion and leader and has no time for debates.

Andrew Ryan
10-24-2008, 07:12 PM
For some reason I have a hard time imagining Ron Paul furious.

jeepndesert
10-24-2008, 07:25 PM
understanding why bob barr rubs people the wrong way, you have to suffer through 2 of his ads from 2002.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HYb1LEImh4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQKfLk_1_ZU

ClockwiseSpark
10-24-2008, 07:28 PM
understanding why bob barr rubs people the wrong way, you have to suffer through 2 of his ads from 2002.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HYb1LEImh4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQKfLk_1_ZU

"Barr's just gooder."

lol!

Dorfsmith
10-24-2008, 07:44 PM
Barr is good for one thing and one thing alone. When I mention his name to my McCain loving friends they literally go insane. For some reason he scares the crap out of the Fox news crowd :D

I wouldn't be surprised if Baldwin did better than Barr in a few states. But Fox never mentions Baldwin.

inibo
10-24-2008, 08:38 PM

http://www.lewrockwell.com/gregory/gregory166.html

Given that we will have four more years of Bush anyway, I prefer we keep the real Dubya around. He is distrusted by the masses, an embarrassment to his own party, exhausted from his stint and largely impotent. McCain or Obama will have a mandate. Another genuine Bush term would probably be much less effective – i.e., destructive to liberty and peace.

ceakins
10-25-2008, 01:40 AM

harry browne definitely didn't employ metal head dumbasses to call libertarians a bunch of idiots.

I didn't call libertarians idiots, but then again your reading comprehension makes me think you might have downs syndrome.

jeepndesert
10-25-2008, 02:46 PM
I didn't call libertarians idiots, but then again your reading comprehension makes me think you might have downs syndrome.

ok, charlie e. akins, you didn't come to my blog posting the same the stuff you posted in this forum.

escapinggreatly
10-25-2008, 05:50 PM
For the record, "down" isn't plural for the syndrome.

ceakins
10-25-2008, 06:04 PM
ok, charlie e. akins, you didn't come to my blog posting the same the stuff you posted in this forum.

These your hero's there god boy?
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l41/summerskd/Assholes.jpg

ArrestPoliticians
10-25-2008, 07:46 PM
These your hero's there god boy?

Dude, this isn't the place for hate-posts, profanity, and ridicule. You're in the wrong forum.

Kludge
10-25-2008, 07:50 PM
Dude, this isn't the place for hate-posts, profanity, and ridicule. You're in the wrong forum.

+1

ceakins
10-25-2008, 08:22 PM

Ah you put all that up above fascism and of course hypocrisy, since I've been attacked numerous times by so called christians on here. So in a word go get bent.

Number19
10-26-2008, 07:59 AM

What the hell is hard to understand about this theory? Where are the holes in it?It's a lot of time and effort spent - on the part of Barr - on something - revenge - that won't have any permanent effect on the LP.

ARealConservative
10-26-2008, 09:00 AM

look clown. This has nothing to do with Bob Barr the person. He will be historically insignificant in this movement. That doesn't mean I should actively push people away from voting for the Libertarian nominee in 2008. I haven't said a discouraging word about Baldwin either. Unlike you, I have something more then a piece of meat sitting atop my neck.

As for being a Barr shill, in actuality I'm a C4L district coordinator and I find it highly unlikely that you could match the time, treasure, and talent I put into this movement.

so fuck off newbie.

ArrestPoliticians
10-26-2008, 10:42 AM
Ah you put all that up above fascism and of course hypocrisy, since I've been attacked numerous times by so called christians on here. So in a word go get bent.

At least fascism and hypocrisy involve real ideas and the expression of them, not childish name calling(and yes, I know its not just you). This also isn't the place for religious fighting.