PDA

View Full Version : Rachel Maddow likes Ron Paul - Article in New York Times

maqsur
10-20-2008, 04:22 PM
Small, but nice shout-out to Ron Paul. This was an interview two days ago in New York Times Magazine.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/19/magazine/19wwln-domains-t.html?_r=2&ref=magazine&oref=slogin&oref=slogin

Favorite Republican: I like the congressman and presidential candidate Ron Paul (http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/people/p/ron_paul/index.html?inline=nyt-per), because I understand what he believes, and he is fearless and civic-minded in his beliefs, rather than personally zealous.

Zera
10-20-2008, 04:50 PM
She is a pretty hard Liberal, though. Nice to know that the Republican they like is the one we do, though :)

me3
10-20-2008, 05:01 PM
Small, but nice shout-out to Ron Paul. This was an interview two days ago in New York Times Magazine.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/19/magazine/19wwln-domains-t.html?_r=2&ref=magazine&oref=slogin&oref=slogin
Good find. RP will be on her show Thursday I believe.

jcarcinogen
10-20-2008, 05:01 PM
Well, liberals or 'progressives' as they call them can be our allies. We agree on civil liberties and if they grasp the concept that less government at the a Federal level means more states rights. And yes a state like Idaho has different values than California. If they want to have socialized medical coverage let them have it... if Louisiana wants the drinking age to be 18... let them allow it without using federal agencies and funds to violate the 10th Amendment.

Maddow is definitely a government person but at least she can articulate her stance (though her humor can be a little annoying). I like it when its her and Buchanan as guests on an issue.

MRoCkEd
10-20-2008, 05:12 PM
Good find. RP will be on her show Thursday I believe.
RP will be on Maddow thursday?
I think you misread the blog entry; he will be on Mancow

jcarcinogen
10-20-2008, 05:13 PM
After reading that, shes not that bad. I know most of us don't agree on her political stance but she is intellectual enough to understand the 'other side's' position and admires Paul's integrity.

...Wow a 192 mile commute.

RP will be on Maddow thursday?
I think you misread the blog entry; he will be on Mancow

Ugh... I don't like mancow.

kombayn
10-20-2008, 05:14 PM
Well, liberals or 'progressives' as they call them can be our allies. We agree on civil liberties and if they grasp the concept that less government at the a Federal level means more states rights. And yes a state like Idaho has different values than California. If they want to have socialized medical coverage let them have it... if Louisiana wants the drinking age to be 18... let them allow it without using federal agencies and funds to violate the 10th Amendment.

Maddow is definitely a government person but at least she can articulate her stance (though her humor can be a little annoying). I like it when its her and Buchanan as guests on an issue.

+1, well said. Groups needs to form that are for Less Federal Government. The states should be allowed to form their own laws that don't violate the Bill or Rights.