PDA

View Full Version : Another Stimulus Pkg. Coming; Get Uncle Sam to Buy Gold For You

ghengis86
10-20-2008, 10:37 AM
http://money.cnn.com/2008/10/20/news/economy/bernanke_testimony/index.htm?postversion=2008102011

Here it comes again. Let the US gov. buy you gold! Turn worhtless money into hard money! This will be Gershim's Law in operation!

I actually will support this measure, since I'll be able to buy more supplies and fortify my household for the upcoming depression! Horray for Bernanke, Paulson, Bush, Pelosi!!!

Sorry, I forgot to mention that this "stimulus" will not be a direct check to the plebeians, but rather a 'stimulus' for their business friends. New Deal 2.0

Cowlesy
10-20-2008, 10:50 AM
They will not be cutting you guys a check this time.

"Package to spur job creation" is code for money to gov't entities/businesses to boost employment rolls.

Lucille
10-20-2008, 05:35 PM
"With the economy likely to be weak for several quarters, and with some risk of a protracted slowdown, consideration of a fiscal package by the Congress at this juncture seems appropriate," he said.

Experts said Bernanke's testimony gives an important lift to the chances that Congress will pass some sort of stimulus package, perhaps in a lame duck session after the November election and before the new Congress takes office in January.

"Effectively, the Fed chairman is giving Congress a green light to go ahead with an additional fiscal stimulus package," said Brian Bethune, chief U.S. financial economist for research firm Global Insight.

Earlier this year, Congress approved a $170 billion plan - nearly $100 billion in payments to tax filers - to boost consumer and business spending. Talk has grown louder in recent weeks in Washington and on the presidential campaign trail for further steps including an extension of unemployment benefits, infrastructure spending and other measures.

Bernanke's comments were cheered by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif.

"Chairman Bernanke added his voice to the chorus of economists, experts and policymakers who insist that America needs a job-creating recovery package to get our economy back on track and to restore consumer and investor confidence," said a statement released by her office.

I think I'm gonna be sick.

Mini-Me
10-20-2008, 05:37 PM
They will not be cutting you guys a check this time.

"Package to spur job creation" is code for money to gov't entities/businesses to boost employment rolls.

Sounds like a great excuse for the upcoming biggest corporate welfare package of all time (unless the crown remains with the bailout itself :rolleyes: ).

kombayn
10-20-2008, 05:39 PM
I wonder if bankruptcy will happen next year. At this rate, we've spent ourselves to death.

JenH88
10-20-2008, 05:44 PM
Cmon people.. do some research.. everyone keeps hearing "stimulus" and thinks "yay! we're all getting checks".. LOL.. no we aren't.. the dem's have been talking about this stimulus since before the bailout was even talked about.. it's to prop up unemployment, food stamps, and infrastructure. We likely aren't getting shyt. LOL..

heavenlyboy34
10-20-2008, 05:46 PM
http://money.cnn.com/2008/10/20/news/economy/bernanke_testimony/index.htm?postversion=2008102011

Here it comes again. Let the US gov. buy you gold! Turn worhtless money into hard money! This will be Gershim's Law in operation!

I actually will support this measure, since I'll be able to buy more supplies and fortify my household for the upcoming depression! Horray for Bernanke, Paulson, Bush, Pelosi!!!

Sorry, I forgot to mention that this "stimulus" will not be a direct check to the plebeians, but rather a 'stimulus' for their business friends. New Deal 2.0

I wish they'd stimulate me for once. I always get sloppy seconds.:( (LOL)

torchbearer
10-20-2008, 05:48 PM
I'm getting tired of seeing people with these food stamp cards in front of me everytime i got to check out.
And these people dont look like someone who needs assistance.
White, middle-aged, no disabilities, good health.
Stocking up on beer and doritoes.

JenH88
10-20-2008, 06:00 PM
I'm getting tired of seeing people with these food stamp cards in front of me everytime i got to check out.
And these people dont look like someone who needs assistance.
White, middle-aged, no disabilities, good health.
Stocking up on beer and doritoes.

Amen to that.. lol.. here I'm feeding my family of 3 on 40-50 bucks a week.. suck it up and learn to cook.

Oh, but sorry.. I'm doing it all wrong..lol.. you wouldn't believe how often I am CRITICIZED for NOT taking the handout.. :rolleyes:

RSLudlum
10-20-2008, 06:36 PM
so now Bush is Hoover, and McCain/Obama will be FDR?? God help us all!!!

ItsTime
10-20-2008, 06:37 PM
We already have a 2 trillion deficit for next year whats another trillion?

lucius
10-20-2008, 06:57 PM
Cmon people.. do some research.. everyone keeps hearing "stimulus" and thinks "yay! we're all getting checks".. LOL.. no we aren't.. the dem's have been talking about this stimulus since before the bailout was even talked about.. it's to prop up unemployment, food stamps, and infrastructure. We likely aren't getting shyt. LOL..

They trained the monkeys well, didn't they? But these poor rubes are getting none of the actual benefits in this case: ignorance is bliss.

"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largess of the public treasury. From that time on the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury, with the results that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.... The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been two hundred years. These nations have progressed through this sequence: from bondage to spiritual faith; from spiritual faith to great courage; from great courage to liberty; from liberty to abundance; from abundance to selfishness; from selfishness to complacency; from complacency to apathy; from apathy to dependence; from dependency back again to bondage." ~ Author unknown