PDA

View Full Version : Maddow: Ron Paul is my Favorite Republican

self-evident
10-20-2008, 10:14 AM
I saw Rachel Maddow's show for the first time Friday and really liked her style. This doesn't hurt either:

Favorite Republican: I like the congressman and presidential candidate Ron Paul, because I understand what he believes, and he is fearless and civic-minded in his beliefs, rather than personally zealous.

From this New York Times article (http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/19/magazine/19wwln-domains-t.html?_r=2&ref=magazine&oref=slogin&oref=slogin).

gls
10-20-2008, 10:32 AM
Really? I saw her one time on Olberman's show (right before I stopped watching that tripe) and she was mocking libertarians about something or another in the sort of self-righteous tone only a "progressive" could pull off. I’d be willing to bet that her and Ron Paul disagree on over 90% of the issues.

libertarian4321
10-20-2008, 10:38 AM
Really? I saw her one time on Olberman's show (right before I stopped watching that tripe) and she was mocking libertarians about something or another in the sort of self-righteous tone only a "progressive" could pull off. I’d be willing to bet that her and Ron Paul disagree on over 90% of the issues.

She is no supporter of Ron Paul politically, but I think she admires the fact that Ron Paul stands on principal instead of "doing anything to win" that you get from McCain and Palin and most other Republicans (and Dems).

I've heard her say similar things about Ron Paul a couple of times.

The fact that Ron Paul is vehement about ending the war in Iraq, as she is, certainly makes her find Ron Paul less appalling than McWar/Palin.