PDA

View Full Version : Can Federal Reserve Act be repealed by Nat. Referendum or Constitutional Convention?

fight4liberty
10-20-2008, 02:28 AM
I’ve been thinking that except for a miracle third party win, we’re going to get one of the two party puppets for president who will continue the same foreign and domestic policies that will finish leading the nation into another Great Depression and collapsing the dollar. So, what is our contingency plan?

RP’s CFL strategy is a long range plan that will take years to produce sufficient results and since it does not have the more immediate purpose of preventing a Great Depression or the collapse of the dollar, if we rely solely on this long range plan, then we can expect to have to suffer through ten years or so of BS hard times which I do not want to put myself and my loved ones through!

So what else can we do that is aimed at preventing this bogus, needless hardship? As far as the real problem of returning to sound money, Congress is more of a problem than the president is. They’re the ones that committed the ultimate betrayal and voted to pass the Federal Reserve Act. And what are the chances that they would ever repeal the Fed Act? Zipola! Only when RP’s CFL finally gets the majority of Congress replaced will that ever happen.

So is gritting our teeth and cinching up our belts and suffering our way through the next ten years of a Great Depression and then plodding our way for another ten or fifteen years toward the day when we will finally replace the traitors in Congress the best thing we can do? Is this the best that the r3volution can do???

No! There’s got to be more we can do. So I was exploring the idea of a National Initiative or Referendum or a Constitutional Convention. Normally I would not give either of these approaches even a slim chance to be successful but these are not "normal" times. In the next few months the crisis could become so visible and disastrous that the people would be motivated to take durastic measures so this is why I am reconsidering my prior judgements on these alternative approaches.

I’m not very knowledgeable in this area and only scanned through some of the data on it tonight. I would like those of you who have more information about this to pass it on to us in this thread.

So in regards to possible ways to repeal the Federal Reserve Act (and other related sound money laws) I have some specific questions:

1) A constitutional convention if convened could amend the Constitution and repeal the Federal Reserve Act, right or wrong? Apparently there are two ways to approach the convening of a Constitutional Convention: on the federal level by getting Congress to pass an amendment establishing the initiative process (fat chance) and on the state level through the state legislators (a little better than a “fat chance”). Ref. Article V: http://www.usconstitution...

2) Would a constitutional convention be required to vote on a national initiative or referendum or are these unrelated things? If they are two different things which would be the easiest and/or the most likely not to be successfully challenged by the courts: a constitutional convention or a national initiattive/referendum? http://www.iandrinstitute.org/National%20I&R.htm

3) Is there a difference between a national initiative and a referendum? If so what’s the difference?

4) Where would the legal authority or legitimacy for either of them come from? Article V or where?

5) I know that state initiatives are voted on by the public and if passed become state law (subject to review of the bill’s constitutionality by the state judicial system which is another wild card) and I’m wondering if a state could vote to repeal the Federal Reserve Act by state initiative or would it have to be a vote to convene a Constitutional Convention?

What say ye o' fellow r3volutionaries? Anyone have knowledge in this area to answer these questions?

It ain’t over yet!!! We gotta keep pushing folks!

penguin
10-20-2008, 02:46 PM
I wish I had the answers for you but this does sound very doable. We should have the number of people needed if it is the similar to state ballot initiatives.

I did a little looking and I don't think it is available, look at this site for some more details -> http://www.mikegravel.us/national_initiative

tangent4ronpaul
10-20-2008, 02:53 PM
I seem to recall "W" getting up on stage right after he got elected and making "obsolete" so null and void a bunch of old laws...

I thought a prez could nuke laws...

-t

AbolishTheGovt
10-20-2008, 03:37 PM
I'm not sure, but I know what it can be repealed by:

Revolution.