PDA

View Full Version : What's the point of being a politician if you are controlled by corporate America?

McCarthy Was Right
10-19-2008, 10:25 PM
It's like 100 percent of politicians are prostitutes/whores/controlled/servants to special interests. What the point of having power if you are a controlled slave? I'm serious. I honestly don't understand.

heavenlyboy34
10-19-2008, 10:36 PM
It's like 100 percent of politicians are prostitutes/whores/controlled/servants to special interests. What the point of having power if you are a controlled slave? I'm serious. I honestly don't understand.

It's good money at the national level. Plus, the thrill of being before an audience and feeling important. (I'm a performer, so I can attest that it's a great high being on stage :) )

nodope0695
10-19-2008, 10:48 PM
The point?

Money and power, baby, money and power. Who cares if you're a whore if you've got both? Does a prostitute care who she fucks? Nope, as long as she gets paid and holds on to her looks long enough to keep 'em coming back.

Brassmouth
10-19-2008, 10:49 PM
Money and the illusion of power have corrupted Man since the dawn of civilization and will continue to do so until Man breaths his last breath.

hillbilly123069
10-19-2008, 10:49 PM
There's a big difference to being controlled and whoring oneself out.It's all greed.

nodope0695
10-19-2008, 10:51 PM
There's a big difference to being controlled and whoring oneself out.It's all greed.

Damn straight:

http://retiredrambler.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/05/23/greed.jpg
GREED

nodope0695
10-19-2008, 10:56 PM
http://bartblog.bartcop.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/corporate-greed.jpg

nodope0695
10-19-2008, 10:58 PM
http://www.solar783.com/solar783/greed1.jpg

bojo68
10-19-2008, 11:12 PM
Don't forget what Bill Clinton taught us, sex with pudgy people too....

McCarthy Was Right
10-19-2008, 11:28 PM
The point?

Money and power, baby, money and power. Who cares if you're a whore if you've got both?

Money yes, but as for power, a politician at the national level doesn't really seem to have that much. It seems like most of their votes are bought.

It's good money at the national level. Plus, the thrill of being before an audience and feeling important. (I'm a performer, so I can attest that it's a great high being on stage :) )

Good answer.

Money and the illusion of power have corrupted Man since the dawn of civilization and will continue to do so until Man breaths his last breath.

What do you mean by the "illusion" of power?

Does anyone know what the founding fathers said about special interests on Congress?

Our system just does not work and it has to be changed/redesigned. Our system does not restrict the evil parts of human nature from reigning. What do you guys think is better?

nodope0695
10-19-2008, 11:39 PM
It seems like most of their votes are bought.

Yeah....they're whores.

McCarthy Was Right
10-20-2008, 04:39 PM
Does anyone know what the founding fathers said about special interests on Congress?

Our system just does not work and it has to be changed/redesigned. Our system does not restrict the evil parts of human nature from reigning. What do you guys think is better?

dannno
10-20-2008, 04:43 PM
The point is that it is very difficult for an honest politician like Ron Paul to get into office and stay in office because so many special interests control government. They control the funding of politicians to get elected.

If Americans demanded that their politicians make principled, constitutional decisions then it wouldn't matter how much money the special interests gave to politicians, they would never get elected to serve their special interests. This would make the special interest deal a waste of money, they would go away because they wouldn't be very effective.

dannno
10-20-2008, 04:46 PM

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." -Thomas Jefferson

They didn't have the term "special interests" back then, just corporations and banks.

McCarthy Was Right
10-20-2008, 04:53 PM
The point is that it is very difficult for an honest politician like Ron Paul to get into office and stay in office because so many special interests control government. They control the funding of politicians to get elected.

If Americans demanded that their politicians make principled, constitutional decisions then it wouldn't matter how much money the special interests gave to politicians, they would never get elected to serve their special interests. This would make the special interest deal a waste of money, they would go away because they wouldn't be very effective.

Yea, I know, but human proclivities suck.

I am thinking about a new system that will restrict these bad proclivities of humans.

D.H.
10-20-2008, 04:54 PM

Well said Danno. I know politicians on the local level that suffer the same thing with funding. It justs gets worse higher up the political ladder. Like the saying "You've gotta dance with the one that brung ya"

Nothing will change till the demands from people start, you are right. It can't come from the politicians. Wrong order. People can't see that.

dirknb@hotmail.com
10-20-2008, 05:24 PM
$$

Andrew-Austin
10-20-2008, 07:49 PM
Did government corrupt the private/corporate lobbyists first, or did the private/corporate lobbyists corrupt government first?

Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

I'm hoping the significance of the first question is not lost on anyone who answers it.

ronpaulhawaii
10-20-2008, 08:15 PM
... What do you guys think is better?

Restoring the rule of law embodied in the constitution.

...and bringing back tar and feathers

RickyJ
10-20-2008, 08:44 PM

MONEY. There is no other reason. Many would do anything for it.

McCarthy Was Right
10-20-2008, 09:55 PM
Restoring the rule of law embodied in the constitution.

What is your definition of the rule of law?

ronpaulhawaii
10-20-2008, 10:36 PM
What is your definition of the rule of law?

as opposed to "the rule of men"

Democracy = Rule by people = mob rule

Republic = The public thing = the law

In a democracy, the mob can change things at the whim of bullys and fads

In a republic there is a base set of laws which the mob must obey or be criminals.

Not easy to answer, but I hope that is good enough