PDA

View Full Version : Fresh Idea to bolster CampainforLiberty.com

Nate K
10-19-2008, 09:04 PM
To those who were in the voice chat with me earlier I mentioned CFL using ads on their site to generate revenue. Kind of an odd idea right?

Not so, this will get things going much faster than they are now. If you are like me and a bit frustrated with the slow progress of things, you'll agree the same kind of thinking that we used before won't get us any further. It's pretty simple, CFL gets money through ads we view and click, which they then use to upgrade the site and advertise with.

Right now I believe they're running strictly on donations and the Precinct Leader package.. just won't cut it. Don't like ads? Too bad, that's how the free market works. When you watch tv, is it ad-free? Nope, that's the free market again my friend, the thing we've been fighting for this whole time. Let's stop worrying about "looking like the guy who's just trying to get a buck" off this movement.

I also think the people who work on this thing need to come out and be in direct contact with us, and recruit people onto the site to help. I just emailed them about this.

tggroo7
10-19-2008, 09:36 PM
I'm all for that, as long as it's not out of control

tremendoustie
10-19-2008, 09:40 PM
Yep, I'd go for that, as long as they're tasteful, and not out of control.

Mahkato
10-19-2008, 09:48 PM
Hmm... maybe. Doesn't seem very professional though. Perhaps we should just hold carwashes and bakesales everywhere instead.

tggroo7
10-19-2008, 09:52 PM
Hmm... maybe. Doesn't seem very professional though. Perhaps we should just hold carwashes and bakesales everywhere instead.

sweet, where are the Ron Paul girls??

Nate K
10-20-2008, 06:35 AM

What's not professional about that? In all honesty, not putting ads up isn't very professional. What websites do you frequent that don't have ads somewhere?

Mahkato
10-20-2008, 09:25 AM
What's not professional about that? In all honesty, not putting ads up isn't very professional. What websites do you frequent that don't have ads somewhere?

I don't really know because I block all the ads anyway!

Large, established corporations and organizations don't put ads for other sites on their sites because it detracts from the message. Once you have someone on your site, you don't want to miss making a sale or picking up a lead just to make $0.07 on a clickthrough.

Nate K
10-20-2008, 09:32 AM
I don't really know because I block all the ads anyway!

Large, established corporations and organizations don't put ads for other sites on their sites because it detracts from the message. Once you have someone on your site, you don't want to miss making a sale or picking up a lead just to make $0.07 on a clickthrough.

You're speaking of sites that are selling already. I'm talking about sites that are information based only or simply not designed to make sales. Think of Myspace and Facebook. They have plenty of ads and are their users complaining about it?

If it weren't for their ads how would they pay the bandwidth for their users? It's a necessary cost.

ItsTime
10-20-2008, 09:58 AM
maybe we should do this:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=163697

me3
10-20-2008, 11:00 AM
Nate, one of my ideas was for webmasters to volunteer their ad inventory to either

(1) advertise for the CFL and other liberty oriented organizations directly

or

(2) run ads and forward the proceeds from those ad zones directly to the CFL as donations.

micahnelson
10-20-2008, 11:24 AM

Most reputable media sources have advertising. As long as we aren't selling Razor Gator and Asian Foot Stickers, we should be fine.

dr. hfn
10-20-2008, 12:18 PM
well they won;t need ads when they get the store up and running, i wouldn't mind ads in the store section or other sections i guess.