PDA

View Full Version : Flip Flop Fred Thompson DID NOT SAY HE wants to Debate Ron Paul "one on one"

BizmanUSA
09-06-2007, 07:22 PM
On the Insanity Hannity show on FOX tonight - the exclusive 1st interview of Flip Flop Fred Thompson after his annoucement that he is officially running for president said he wants to debate (EDIT) one on one or in a group of all cadidates.

Oh Ya Baby . . . can see Ron Paul doin' a serious tap dance all over this wanna-be? :cool: :D

Any Thoughts?

BizmanUSA

EDIT
Big Time Apologies - I just could not believe Fred Thompson would have nuts big enough to say he wanted to debate all of the candidates one on one or in a group. As a Ron Paul supporter it was like he was talking directly to me, Ron Paul and his entire nationwide solid group of supporters.

I will carefully watch what I am writing from this point forward but in any case Thompson will end up like a machine gun without ammo minutes after any Ron Paul debate would/will take place.

max
09-06-2007, 07:23 PM
On the Insanity Hannity show on FOX tonight - the exclusive 1st interview of Flip Flop Fred Thompson after his annoucement that he is officially running for president said he wants to debate Ron Paul one on one or in a group of all cadidates.

Oh Ya Baby . . . can see Ron Paul doin' a serious tap dance all over this wanna-be? :cool: :D

Any Thoughts?

BizmanUSA

BRING IT ON FRED LOBBYIST!!!!!!

Madison
09-06-2007, 07:23 PM
Sounds good to me.

AlexAmore
09-06-2007, 07:24 PM
ALLLLLLLRIGHT!!!!
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a265/maestro2002/quagmire-3865.jpg

Bean
09-06-2007, 07:24 PM
Man oh man oh man!!! This could be just what we need. Fred Thompson has such a HUGE national following, if he debated one on one with RP then the American people could SEE for themselves how RP is right on every issue and how Thompson is just a corrupt, flip flopping lobbyist with their interests, not the american peoples, at heart.

It's unlikely, but man oh man I would freaking love to see that!

Richandler
09-06-2007, 07:26 PM
Oh, man lets get this to happen. Fred basically is just like all the other candidates anyway. Seriously Thompson knowing who Paul is and calling him out only gets his name recognition up. Go Ron Paul. Oh and I'm 100% sure that fox would love since Paul broght them 3.1 million viewers to their debate.

Razmear
What to expect from a Fred Debate:
http://dontvote4.us/2007/08/29/1994-fred-thompson-debate-video/
It would be like RP debating Rush unless there is a strong moderator. Still, bring it on Big Head Fred.

TheConstitutionLives
Oh My Goodness!! That's gonna get TONS of press!

jj111
It seems hard to believe. Could you please describe the conversation that led up to Fred Thompson saying he wants to debate Ron Paul (by name) one on one?

I hope we can see this soon on YouTube.

mport1
09-06-2007, 07:27 PM
THAT WOULD BE THE BEST THING EVER!!!! Who is close to the campaign to let him know?

I'd also like some confirmation of this.

ChristopherJ
09-06-2007, 07:27 PM
Oooooooooo Sweet!! We need this to happen...

Bean
09-06-2007, 07:28 PM
It should be up on youtube soon.

derdy
09-06-2007, 07:29 PM
:D We should have it in the middle of a wrestling ring! Steel cage baby! :D

No, but really! We shouldl organize this, NOT Faux or any of the other Mainstream News Organizations! Some independent body. Maybe an Eventful or Meetup event?!

llamabread
09-06-2007, 07:29 PM
That would be amazing.

Dave Wood
09-06-2007, 07:30 PM
How long will it take Fred to back out of this one??? He is too effing lazy to debate RP one on one, let alone, the awful things that the good DR. will do to Freds chances for the nomination! Rp would take the watergate mole and expose him as a lazy child.

max
09-06-2007, 07:31 PM
THAT WOULD BE THE BEST THING EVER!!!! Who is close to the campaign to let him know?

On 2nd thought, this would marginaize all the other candidates and consolidate the war vote behind fred...

we need the vote to be fractured

FluffyUnbound
It's hard to tolerate listening to Thompson and Hannity talk. Can anyone estimate where on the video it is?

njandrewg
this would be good for RP

tmg19103
The RP campaign should call the Fred campaign ASAP to schedule this one-on-one debate. It would be HUGE exposure and RP would own Fred.

mport1
09-06-2007, 07:32 PM
What time does it happen at?

specsaregood
09-06-2007, 07:32 PM
It should be up on youtube soon.

That video was put up May 4th. So that can't be it.

themanhere
09-06-2007, 07:33 PM
Yeah what brought this about? Also can we get this directly to Ron Paul ASAP!

ONE on ONE! It has to be that way! Freddy's first debate and he gets schooled on the constitution!

MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!! but Ron Paul will have to switch up his talking points because im sure freddy hired some big time speech writers to twist his message.

fj45lvr
Awesome to hear.....as long as its not 60 second "cliches" but actually some real ideas.....cliches make me want to puke.

I think alot of people fail to understand how stupid Americans really are anymore.

Bean
That video was put up May 4th. So that can't be it.

Yeah I noticed that after I posted it lol....my bad.

blazin_it_alwyz

Any Thoughts?

BizmanUSA

I think it's a waste of time, Fred Thompson is going nowhere.

But to be honest, Ron Paul would completely murder this guy in a debate, no contest. RP could decide just to bury this guy for kicks, but it is of no consequence either way, Fred Thompson is going absolutely nowhere, he can stick to going on his late night talk shows, while the real candidates (or the real candidate) debate.

jmarinara
09-06-2007, 07:34 PM
The Paul campaign needs to come on strong right here, right now.

They need to come out and say "bring it on", maybe taunt Fred a bit, attack him. He needs to be flustered, angry. He'll (Fred that is) come off looking like an ass, get himself twisted (his lies and lobbyist past lend it to that) and most of all, he'll make sure that the debate happens.

Then Paul will have him right where he wants him, and RP will wipe the floor with him.

Razmear
09-06-2007, 07:34 PM
At what timestamp in that vid does he mention debating RP? I really can't listen to him for a full 8 minutes.

eb

John of Des Moines
09-06-2007, 07:35 PM
On the Insanity Hannity show on FOX tonight - the exclusive 1st interview of Flip Flop Fred Thompson after his annoucement that he is officially running for president said he wants to debate Ron Paul one on one or in a group of all cadidates.

Any Thoughts?

BizmanUSA

The campaign should immediately issue a press release accepting Fred's one on one debate proposal if it's on Jay Leno. And Paul would give Fred the first 55 minutes to speak ;) - the Doctor would still knock Fred's socks off.

Bean
09-06-2007, 07:36 PM
At what timestamp in that vid does he mention debating RP? I really can't listen to him for a full 8 minutes.

eb

The vid I posted was posted on youtube May 4th...so that cant be it.

Sorry for the confusion everyone. But I'm sure the real video will be on there soon enough. They had RP footage from the debate last night about an hour after it was over.

katao
09-06-2007, 07:36 PM
#1 rule of politics - Engage the front-runner.

Fred has the charisma, but lacks the record and intelligence. Since Fred asked for it, Ron Paul should dictate the terms.

No-brainer...

LibertyOfOne
09-06-2007, 07:37 PM
On 2nd thought, this would marginaize all the other candidates and consolidate the war vote behind fred...

Nice call. You might be on to something.

Lord Xar
09-06-2007, 07:38 PM
well, shouldn't we push this to HQ???

and make note that "he" probably has something up his sleeve...

mport1
09-06-2007, 07:39 PM
Nice call. You might be on to something.

No way, RP needs to get in the national spotlight. If something big like this doesn't happen, we don't stand a chance.

brumans
YouTube for proof that this is real?

No one else besides the original poster caught this?

saku39
Bring it, Fred! Step up and get smoked!

Nathan Hale
I think it's a waste of time, Fred Thompson is going nowhere.

But to be honest, Ron Paul would completely murder this guy in a debate, no contest. RP could decide just to bury this guy for kicks, but it is of no consequence either way, Fred Thompson is going absolutely nowhere, he can stick to going on his late night talk shows, while the real candidates (or the real candidate) debate.

Waste of time?

The mainstream media gave Thompson more press as a potential candidate than they gave Paul as an actual candidate. If the two debated it would be huge for Paul, huge on the front end and huge on the back end. Huge on the front end because the Thompson factor would bring ratings. And huge on the back end because one on one, once we get a chance to speak past the sound bites, Paul would OWN Fred Thompson in a debate.

Chester Copperpot
09-06-2007, 07:40 PM

Any Thoughts?

BizmanUSA

This could be the waterloo of the entire Neo-con movement right here. Theyre going to put all their eggs in with Fred because hes got more support than Rudy McRomney.. Shit now with huckabee they got five guys.. They can make Neo-Voltron!!

If Ronnie can pull this off this might just slay the beast

LibertyOfOne
09-06-2007, 07:40 PM
No way, RP needs to get in the national spotlight. If something big like this doesn't happen, we don't stand a chance.

That much is true. If he does do the debate he would crush Fred no question about it.

katao
09-06-2007, 07:41 PM

Good point - I'm sure that is why Thompson is pushing for it. On the other hand, the others aren't going to go away - they will still split that pro-war vote.

I think the biggest benefit would be to shine a light for independent, democratic, and alienated voters (50% of the population) that there is someone different this time around!

themanhere
09-06-2007, 07:42 PM

I agree this would bring HUGE AMOUNTS OF MEDIA ATTENTION and make it seem like Ron Paul is a top tier candidate. (we already know he is)

John of Des Moines
09-06-2007, 07:43 PM
Yes, Headquarters must act on this. If Jay Leno was willing, he could host one on one debates with his audience voting who gets to come back in two weeks against the next selected candidate. During the Republican off week the Democrats could do the same. I bet Leno's ratings for both Republican and Democrats one-on-one debates would sky-rocket.

Dustancostine
09-06-2007, 07:43 PM
:D We should have it in the middle of a wrestling ring! Steel cage baby! :D

ONE on ONE! It has to be that way!

Two Men Enter. One Man Leaves!!!! :D

katao
09-06-2007, 07:44 PM
Yes, Headquarters must act on this. If Jay Leno was willing, he could host one on one debates with his audience voting who gets to come back in two weeks against the next selected candidate. During the Republican off week the Democrats could do the same. I bet Leno's ratings for both Republican and Democrats one-on-one debates would sky-rocket.

Nah, it needs to stay just the two of them, otherwise RP is lost in the crowd.

Kuldebar
09-06-2007, 07:45 PM
As the great George W. Bush says: Bring 'em on.

Phil M
09-06-2007, 07:46 PM
Did anyone else see this other than the OP? I'd like to hear the context of how he said it. If it was a sort of "Rudy and Huckabee got their chance to beat up on Paul, I'd love to do it for 90 minutes" thing, then he didn't really mean it.

katao
09-06-2007, 07:46 PM
The absolute key is the format of the debate. That is the benefit of Freddiboy pushing the idea - RP should agree and force the terms.

njandrewg
09-06-2007, 07:47 PM
digg:
http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Fred_Thompson_wants_to_debate_Ron_Paul_one_on_one

we need to make this the talk of the internet so that Thompson doesn't chicken out

Shink

Get on facebook and contact Jeff Frazee, the admin of "Congressman Ron Paul for President 2008" (and many other RP groups). He's official campaign staff these days. Simple matter of hitting him up in his inbox.

Dustancostine
Maybe they can have the debate on Hannity and Colmes and both Hannity and Colmes can moderate. Colmes is always on the good Dr.'s side so I would be perfectly comfortable with that.

This could be huge. HUGE.

BTW: Maybe Fred's lack of fundraising is the reason why he issued this statement. Maybe he needs a little bump as well. But I don't care what the reason. Lets do it.

misconstrued
This would be great! Can Judge Andrew Napolitano moderate? ;) Actually Bill Moyers would be a good moderator... or Larry King? Who else could work as a moderator for this? :)

theseus51
09-06-2007, 07:48 PM
I mean Fred skipped out on debates and purposely timed his entry to avoid yesterday's debate. Did he really say he wanted to go one-on-one with Ron Paul? I find this really hard to believe. Did anyone else see the show?

honkywill
09-06-2007, 07:48 PM
*rongasm*

themanhere
09-06-2007, 07:49 PM
This would be great! Can Judge Andrew Napolitano moderate? ;) Actually Bill Moyers would be a good moderator... or Larry King? Who else could work as a moderator for this? :)

NOBODY FROM FOX NEWS!!!

jj111
09-06-2007, 07:50 PM
I believe this when I see it. YouTube URL as soon as it comes up please.

1000-points-of-fright
09-06-2007, 07:52 PM
This would be great. I think it should be more of a discussion rather than a debate.

The perfect set up: 1 or 2 hours, a set like the Charlie Rose show, no audience, on a relatively objective network. Just Ron and Fred with John McLaughlin as the "moderator".

Imagine, if you will.....

McLaughlin: "Issue one! The federal reserve: yes or no? Freddie "my wife's hot" Thompson.. go!"

Fred: "John, here's the problem...."

McLaughlin: "Wrooong! Dr. No... go!"

Ron: "No!"

McLaughlin: Correct! Issue two..."

FluffyUnbound
09-06-2007, 07:53 PM
digg:
http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Fred_Thompson_wants_to_debate_Ron_Paul_one_on_one

we need to make this the talk of the internet so that Thompson doesn't chicken out

Can we confirm it before we start Digging it?

brumans
09-06-2007, 07:55 PM
Can we confirm it before we start Digging it?

Definitely. I'm not going to believe this until I see it.

Did anyone here other than the first poster watch hannity tonight and see this (or not)?

BizmanUSA
09-06-2007, 07:55 PM
It seems hard to believe. Could you please describe the conversation that led up to Fred Thompson saying he wants to debate Ron Paul (by name) one on one?

I hope we can see this soon on YouTube.

FT didn't call him out by name directly but his statement gave me the impression that Ron Paul would be the only candidate NOT the same.

He did say each and everyone - so in any case RON PAUL will kick Fred's butt without breaking a sweat. :D

I would have not expected him to name any candidate by name as it would take away from him and as we ALL know it's all about him (at least in his mind). :eek:

BizmanUSA

G-khan
09-06-2007, 07:56 PM
This will be great Fred loses his temper and will show he can't handle the stress and Ron Paul will eat him for lunch!

He will hate getting facts from the good Dr.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:cool:

brumans
FT didn't call him out by name directly but his statement gave me the impression that Ron Paul would be the only candidate NOT the same.

He did say each and everyone - so in any case RON PAUL will kick Fred's butt without breaking a sweat. :D

I would have not expected him to name any candidate by name as it would take away from him and as we ALL know it's all about him (at least in his mind). :eek:

BizmanUSA

So he didn't even say Ron Paul? Your first post was definitely misleading!

devil21
FT's handlers would never allow it.

FluffyUnbound
09-06-2007, 07:57 PM

BizmanUSA

The thread title isn't correct, then.

People started a firedrill on this - the guy at RonPaulDaily blogged it - people started to Digg it. Too bad it didn't actually happen.

I realize you were excited but don't oversell stuff. It gets repeated and takes on a life of its own.

blazin_it_alwyz
09-06-2007, 07:58 PM
Waste of time?

The mainstream media gave Thompson more press as a potential candidate than they gave Paul as an actual candidate. If the two debated it would be huge for Paul, huge on the front end and huge on the back end. Huge on the front end because the Thompson factor would bring ratings. And huge on the back end because one on one, once we get a chance to speak past the sound bites, Paul would OWN Fred Thompson in a debate.

They could just as easily put thompson back in 2nd tier and associate Ron Paul and Thompson debate as just some 2nd tier debate. I think Fred Thompson knows what kind of war he is starting when he says that he wants a debate with Ron Paul.

Consider this scenario.

Fred Thompson calls out Ron Paul. Ron Paul accepts. Just what we want, right? Fred Thompson then chooses the place, and the moderator. Ron Paul then says "wait I don't want to debate if you are going to choose the moderator". The MSM calls Ron Paul chicken to debate Fred Thompson, and it becomes a lose lose situation, either Ron Paul debates with a slanted moderator, or Ron Paul risks being labeled as a coward.

Like Ron Paul said HIMSELF, he welcomes any pro-war candidates, because that just dillutes the vote in favor of him, I happen to think that also, and I welcome Fred Thompson, because the real truth about him is going to become very apparent once he stops skipping debates. I'm not threatened by him 1 bit seriously.

theseus51
09-06-2007, 07:58 PM
So you are saying he would debate people who's opinions were not the same? Woah, that is waaaay different than "Fred Thompson wants to debate Ron Paul one on one".

G-khan
09-06-2007, 07:59 PM
We need to have Ron Paul challenge him to back up what he said and have a one on one with him!

He stuck his foot in his mouth and now we need to make him pay for it!

Anyone who has contact with headquarters please let them know and see if Ron will challenge him!:D

brumans
09-06-2007, 08:00 PM
Plus your bolded and italicized parts of your first post which made it look like he said "wanted to debate Ron Paul one on one or in a group of all candidates."

G-khan
09-06-2007, 08:00 PM
Don't tell me this is BS and not true I already posted it on my site?

risiusj
09-06-2007, 08:04 PM
He said on Leno last night that he doesn't like the 30 second sound bite format of these debates. He'd rather debate in small groups, preferably one on one.
If he did say he wanted to debate Ron Paul then he's a fool.
When are you available Fred?

mtmedlin
09-06-2007, 08:04 PM
yes, the BS meter is off the scale.

billm317
09-06-2007, 08:05 PM
Don't tell me this is BS and not true I already posted it on my site?

you shouldn't post something on your site without confirmation
and now it's on digg
jesus, and you guys wonder why some ppl on digg can't stand ron paul supporters

billm317
09-06-2007, 08:07 PM
OP, edit your post and take out all details until you know for sure
unless you wanna look like a huge tool

Sematary
09-06-2007, 08:08 PM

Any Thoughts?

BizmanUSA

Why would any INTELLIGENT person ASK for that type of ass wuppin?
:D

Akus
09-06-2007, 08:08 PM

Any Thoughts?

BizmanUSA

Holy shit I'd pay money to see this.

theseus51
09-06-2007, 08:09 PM
http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/09/06/fred-thompsons-first-day/

Is this what you were talking about?

“I kind of think that Newt’s idea of going back to the Lincoln-Douglas debate-type format, where you have two people sit down or stand up and, you know, take an hour or so, and maybe an hour-and-a-half and discuss maybe one particular category, one particular topic, and get in-depth and go back and forth on it … something like that would be something I would gravitate to,” he said.

njandrewg
09-06-2007, 08:13 PM
I changed my post
http://ronpauldaily.blogspot.com/2007/09/fred-thompson-wants-to-debate-ron-paul.html

now it is challenging Fred to a debate with Ron Paul

billm317
09-06-2007, 08:17 PM
I changed my post
http://ronpauldaily.blogspot.com/2007/09/fred-thompson-wants-to-debate-ron-paul.html

now it is challenging Fred to a debate with Ron Paul

my opinion is that you should empty out that article and say "bury"
it still makes us look bad

if you want a petition, we could digg a separate article that doesn't have a misleading title

TheConstitutionLives
09-06-2007, 08:18 PM
my opinion is that you should empty out that article and say "bury"
it still makes us look bad

if you want a petition, we could digg a separate article that doesn't have a misleading title

I agree

MsDoodahs
09-06-2007, 08:23 PM
FT's handlers would never allow it.

FT's wife would never allow it.

lol...

quickmike
09-06-2007, 08:23 PM
NEWS FLASH!!!!!!!

I just heard Darth Vader said he wants a debate Ron Paul on the issue of the Empire.

This should be good!!!!

ladyliberty
09-06-2007, 08:24 PM

Bill Mahr would be an excellent moderator and funny too!

ladyliberty
09-06-2007, 08:29 PM
My dad is throwing his support for Thompson :mad: because he thinks our troops ought to stay at the overseas bases. I tried to explain it to him that we are financing the military with money that is borrowed from China, but he refuses to believe it.

What would be one good topic the two of them could sit and debate about? Something that they are exactly opposite about?

BizmanUSA
09-06-2007, 08:47 PM
EDIT
Big Time Apologies - I just could not believe Fred Thompson would have nuts big enough to say he wanted to debate all of the candidates one on one or in a group. As a Ron Paul supporter it was like he was talking directly to me, Ron Paul and his entire nationwide solid group of supporters.

I will carefully watch what I am writing from this point forward but in any case Thompson will end up like a machine gun without ammo minutes after any Ron Paul debate would/will take place.

I changed the 1st post as suggested

BizmanUSA

G-khan
09-06-2007, 08:50 PM
OP, edit your post and take out all details until you know for sure
unless you wanna look like a huge tool

I fixed it....

billm317
09-06-2007, 08:50 PM
EDIT
Big Time Apologies

it's cool man, you meant well :)
i've jumped the gun on things myself before
ya live and ya learn

themanhere
09-06-2007, 08:54 PM
Boooooooo.

quickmike
09-06-2007, 08:54 PM
shit ............... how do you get chocolate shake out of a laptop keyboard?:mad:

Bison
09-06-2007, 09:02 PM
shit ............... how do you get chocolate shake out of a laptop keyboard?:mad:

Garden hose. :D

quickmike
09-06-2007, 09:04 PM
Garden hose. :D

Just like the infomercials say trying to sell you some new gadget made to save you time in the kitchen...................... THERES GOT TO BE A BETTER WAY!!!

kylejack
09-06-2007, 09:15 PM
Threads like this are the reason this forum sucks.

quickmike
09-06-2007, 09:23 PM
Threads like this are the reason this forum sucks.

Sorry.......... I didnt mean to spill my shake on my keyboard. Ill be more careful next time.:(

Nathan Hale
09-08-2007, 07:24 PM
Consider this scenario.

Fred Thompson calls out Ron Paul. Ron Paul accepts. Just what we want, right? Fred Thompson then chooses the place, and the moderator. Ron Paul then says "wait I don't want to debate if you are going to choose the moderator". The MSM calls Ron Paul chicken to debate Fred Thompson, and it becomes a lose lose situation, either Ron Paul debates with a slanted moderator, or Ron Paul risks being labeled as a coward.

I'm willing to consider that scenario, but it's not a likely scenario. In a situation like this, venues will offer themselves - namely all three major cable news stations. Places like Hardball or Larry King will be much more attractive and will take Paul's side if Thompson tries pushing for Hannity or O'Reilly on Fox.

Like Ron Paul said HIMSELF, he welcomes any pro-war candidates, because that just dillutes the vote in favor of him, I happen to think that also, and I welcome Fred Thompson, because the real truth about him is going to become very apparent once he stops skipping debates. I'm not threatened by him 1 bit seriously.
I didn't really comment on this, so I don't know why your saying it, but as an aside, I found it stupid of Paul to harp on Thompson "diluting" pro-war votes during the debate. Better to offer a jab and a welcome.

LibertyEagle
09-08-2007, 07:32 PM
Did he mention Ron's name or just say he wanted one-on-one debates we all of them? I thought it was the latter.

LibertyEagle
09-08-2007, 07:34 PM
EDIT

I changed the 1st post as suggested

BizmanUSA

Maybe ask an admin to change the title of the thread too. It is very misleading.

goldstandard
09-08-2007, 07:43 PM
Couldn't the good doctor just push this offer? How to push it? WHo should we contact?

lapi7
09-08-2007, 07:47 PM
ALLLLLLLRIGHT!!!!
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a265/maestro2002/quagmire-3865.jpg

Gigiddy...Gigidity...Gigiddy...Goo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Geronimo
09-08-2007, 07:53 PM
I think this entire thread needs to be deleted.

Perry
09-08-2007, 08:06 PM
Shite. Edit due to OP editing.:mad:

foofighter20x
09-08-2007, 08:34 PM
Closing her down...