PDA

View Full Version : Why not just ignore them?

Madison
09-06-2007, 07:12 PM
We know most of the MSM hates RP and that will continue to be the case. Instead of flooding them with calls/e-mails and giving them undeserved attention, it seems to me it would be more effective to just ignore them.

We've gotten this far with the truth, despite their lies, and RP's support continues to grow at a strong rate. If we took a stand and just stopped watching, listening, and reading what they say, wouldn't that hurt them most? If less people are paying attention to their BS, they make less money, and that is what they care about most.

The only thing that is worth watching are the debates and that's for the most part the only useful airtime he gets...

Please respond with your opinion.

wgadget
09-06-2007, 07:14 PM
Well, I never quite understood that reasoning. Are you saying that just because at this very moment I'm listening to Mark Levin on my battery operated radio that Mr. Levin is making money?

Cowlesy
09-06-2007, 07:14 PM
I like the idea of ignoring a lot of the jackasses, and I do.

A lot of these warmongers/Ron Paul haters thrive on one single thing: ATTENTION. Without ATTENTION, they are just preaching to their own little choir.

max
09-06-2007, 07:15 PM
We know most of the MSM hates RP and that will continue to be the case. Instead of flooding them with calls/e-mails and giving them undeserved attention, it seems to me it would be more effective to just ignore them.

We've gotten this far with the truth, despite their lies, and his support continues to grow at a strong rate. If we took a stand and just stopped watching, listening, and reading what they say, wouldn't that hurt them most? If less people are paying attention to their BS, they make less money, and that is what they care about most.

Please respond with your opinion.

In spite of what we have accomplished...RP's name recognition is still very low.....Personally, I advocate open warfare with the media as a means to getting them to attack us...

RP's 2 biggest moments was when Rudy ( a few months ago) and then Hucakbee (last night) mixed it up with him..

the media blackout is our bifgest challenge

Madison
09-06-2007, 07:17 PM
Are you saying that just because at this very moment I'm listening to Mark Levin on my battery operated radio that Mr. Levin is making money?

Yes. That is the sole determinant of a radio show host's success. More listeners = more advertising dollars = higher pay for Levin.

Kuldebar
09-06-2007, 07:19 PM
We can't ignore them, but we can ensure we lessen their power.

-first, stop using the language of the oppressors: define, or be defined, after all

-second, diversity is not a weakness: we are legion not a monolithic movement

-thirdly, their silence will speak volumes: the media's omissions will become evident (Example: I watched this last debate with my mother, she could not comprehend the animosity and lack of coverage of Ron Paul after she saw his performance and the text messaging poll results.)

blazin_it_alwyz
09-06-2007, 07:45 PM
The internet is not powerful enough to ignore them yet. If we keep going like this (not that it will matter for RP), but in 3 years, yes, the internet will be powerful enough to shut out lies from TV.

As it stands, most people gather their information, views, and beliefs from television. We cannot win an election, just based on the amount of people in this forum that believe in him. So we have to spread the message. And if most of these people are watching biased people to begin with, we have to start attacking them.

Can you imagine what it would be life, if we were to ignore the fox debates? Fox would declare Giuliani victorious, and the internet would report that too, and nobody is none the wiser. We must get these people to wake up if we are going to have a slight chance of winning the election..

Just remember, most people get their entertainment/education of current politics from television. And mostly from the big networks. So we need to attack them there.

Kuldebar
09-06-2007, 07:49 PM
The internet is not powerful enough to ignore them yet. If we keep going like this (not that it will matter for RP), but in 3 years, yes, the internet will be powerful enough to shut out lies from TV.

As it stands, most people gather their information, views, and beliefs from television. We cannot win an election, just based on the amount of people in this forum that believe in him. So we have to spread the message. And if most of these people are watching biased people to begin with, we have to start attacking them.

Can you imagine what it would be life, if we were to ignore the fox debates? Fox would declare Giuliani victorious, and the internet would report that too, and nobody is none the wiser. We must get these people to wake up if we are going to have a slight chance of winning the election..

Just remember, most people get their entertainment/education of current politics from television. And mostly from the big networks. So we need to attack them there.

Good points, but remember, the Net is an enemy to the status quo, it may not be any better in 3 years, in fact it may become like other media if certain things are allowed to happen. (this isn't a reference to that net neutrality bullshit, other than that might be a vehicle for such a negative development)

If the Net gets snuffed out or gummed up, where will freedom reside other than between your own ears?

Corydoras
09-06-2007, 09:10 PM
I agree with Blazin word for word.

Kuldebar
09-06-2007, 09:13 PM
I agree with Blazin word for word.
Agree, but don't believe that the internet will remain forever untouched.