PDA

View Full Version : 3rd party Presidential debate cancelled and here is why.

Hamer
10-19-2008, 10:46 AM
We had made plans to have a live video crew in NYC to bring you the debate live as well as live interviews with 2 candidates that were confirmed to be interviewed.

This was on the front page of www.thirdpartyticket.com and in my opinion is very misleading : 10/19/08 Update : Both events have been cancelled due to lack of participation. We'll keep you posted regarding a possible internet debate as we move towards the election.

The problem appears to be that Trevor Lyman changed the dates so many times that none of the candidates had any trust this debate would even take place at all and was not due to lack of participation but lack of a solid confirmed debate schedule. Keep in mind Trevor Lyman changed the dates of this debate 4 times - first the 8th then 15th then 17th then the 19th

Christopher Thrashes from Free and Equal debates stated this : Thrasher said that Trevor Lyman lost interest in the Third Party Ticket debate; however, ThirdPartyTicket.com still lists Lyman as the contact (see bottom of page), and the site is still being regularly updated.

It seems that BTM was able to collect over 10,000 names of people during this botched fiasco and had thousands subscribe to their site thanks to all the candidates encouraging their subscribers to join BTM to receive updated information for this debate.

www.revolutionbroadcasting.com and www.rtrradio had to cancell their VP debate 3 times because these dates continued to change which had Wayne Root -Darrell Castle and Thomas Knapp confirmed for the original date and the other VP's were invited but they had to contact all the candidates and let them know this will have to be a future date for this debate as to not compete with the Thirdpartyticket Presidential debate and force people to choose what debate they wanted to be involved in.

The VP debate is postponed until sometime next week - details to come at www.theywillbeheard.com and is sponsored by www.revolutionbroadcasting.com and www.rtrradio.com

More details to follow on this issue.

Truth Warrior
10-19-2008, 11:09 AM
Hmm, my guess was, lack of interest, significance and relevance, in addition to a pure waste of time, energy and money. ;) :rolleyes:

tonesforjonesbones
10-19-2008, 11:17 AM
Why am I not surprised? tones

Hamer
10-19-2008, 11:47 AM
Why am I not surprised? tones

I am very disappointed in these people from BTM to say the least.

scandinaviany3
10-19-2008, 12:55 PM
the last thing we need is negatism and way off base finger pointing, revenge, or other nonsense that this post and a sister post on dailypaul http://www.dailypaul.com/node/69607seems to offer hamer.

The most important thing we need is the candidates to decide whether they want to debate or not to debate together. Any group that can get them to come together should be thankful for all, not frustrated or attacking each other.

Revolution broadcasting, nor free and equal, nor BTM could get the candidates this election to all show up to a debate.

Anyone that has actually worked for 3rd parties, and or with 3rd parties, or other campaigns will realize such an achievement can take months to setup and have all parties sign off on. You can always find "a candidate" to do these things. But try and get all candidates is a WHOLE DIFFERENT THING.

Only a major agreement between all interested campaigns within the last 30 days would have had any chance to pull off such an event. More than likely the campaigns changed the dates, as is the norm, in a multi candidate debate.

Its not Rev Broadcasting, or free and equal, or BTM that could ever have set this up....the 3rd parties have to be sold on the event and sign off on it.

How about channeling that energy into getting cnn to offer some free media on a fixed day for a debate or something of the sort before the election.

We could all call and fax them to death until CNN did it. If they want to call themselves the independent network then they need to have an open door for their message.

Then at least someone like the media who without doubt deserves the negatism for censorship could hear the peoples phone calls and faxes in force.

Definitely a good therapy action for all the third party movement to do anyway....

How about driving a media bomb instead of this type of undirected frustration?

bluto20
10-19-2008, 01:41 PM
changing the dates 4 times, in my opinion, is negative energy.

Kludge
10-19-2008, 01:47 PM
Eh, I don't see the point, TBH. People interested in third parties have probably already researched the candidates.

Hamer
10-19-2008, 04:22 PM
changing the dates 4 times, in my opinion, is negative energy.

Exactly!

angelatc
10-19-2008, 04:26 PM
You look juvenile and unprofessional by standing up and whining that it is somebody else's fault.

Keep your laundry in your room.

Knightskye
10-19-2008, 04:33 PM
So Baldwin, Barr, McKinney, AND Nader bailed on Sunday's debate?

Nader would be there if there was one other person.

http://www.nolanchart.com/article5242.html

Baldwin was reluctant to travel to New York. Nader was willing to participate, aides say, but, seeing the debate falling apart all week, held back.

The heck does that mean? Reluctant to travel?

Hamer
10-19-2008, 04:42 PM

More scewed crap. Baldwin wasn't going to committ for the 4th time. He was prepared to be at every date they set until this last date. What would you do if you scheduled 3 times and your date was changed every time. Good for Baldwin for committing shame on the rest for not committing in the first place.

Sounds likt Trevor Lyman protecting his ass because he botched this whole thing.

Knightskye
10-19-2008, 04:52 PM
More scewed crap. Baldwin wasn't going to committ for the 4th time. He was prepared to be at every date they set until this last date. What would you do if you scheduled 3 times and your date was changed every time. Good for Baldwin for committing shame on the rest for not committing in the first place.

Sounds likt Trevor Lyman protecting his ass because he botched this whole thing.

There were three other debates scheduled?

Hamer
10-19-2008, 05:24 PM
There were three other debates scheduled?

Not exactly. It was the same debate but they changed the date for this debate 4 times in less than 2 weeks.

DjLoTi
10-19-2008, 05:57 PM
Here's something I found in the grapevine:

As many of you have probably heard, the third-party debate will *not* be happening tonight as had been the (revised) plan. What will be happening instead is an extended interview with Green-Party candidate Cynthia McKinney on Break the Matrix TV.

Please tune in TONIGHT to BTM TV ( www.BreakTheMatrix.com/channels/1 ) at 7pm EST (4pm PST) to hear us quiz her on foreign policy, health care, the bailout and a host of other topics.

Our hope is that this event will help encourage the other third-party candidates to come together for an online debate. To learn more, please visit http://www.thirdpartyticket.com/

itsthepathocrats
10-19-2008, 06:23 PM
eom

Hamer
10-19-2008, 07:17 PM
It's very important we be able to quickly identify controlled opposition actors in our midst, whoever they may be. Otherwise we continue to run the risk of being lead into dead ends, vectored into irrelevant tangents, and wasting our critical resources - whether they be time or money.

We must learn understand, identify and share the techniques utilized by these actors and defend against them before they are able to infiltrate and inflict damage. For a single well-placed opposition leader can vector the movement into various segments, and then pit these segments against each other.

Do you think Trevor Lyman is a plant or is doing damage to the revolution?

ChrisInMN
10-20-2008, 07:50 AM

Yeah arranging two money bombs and a fuckin blimp is really a plant. I think Hamer is the fake Dr. Steve trying to swindle a few more hearing aides.

ChrisInMN

revolutionisnow
10-20-2008, 07:50 AM
We had made plans to have a live video crew in NYC to bring you the debate live as well as live interviews with 2 candidates that were confirmed to be interviewed.

This was on the front page of www.thirdpartyticket.com and in my opinion is very misleading : 10/19/08 Update : Both events have been cancelled due to lack of participation. We'll keep you posted regarding a possible internet debate as we move towards the election.

The problem appears to be that Trevor Lyman changed the dates so many times that none of the candidates had any trust this debate would even take place at all and was not due to lack of participation but lack of a solid confirmed debate schedule. Keep in mind Trevor Lyman changed the dates of this debate 4 times - first the 8th then 15th then 17th then the 19th

Christopher Thrashes from Free and Equal debates stated this : Thrasher said that Trevor Lyman lost interest in the Third Party Ticket debate; however, ThirdPartyTicket.com still lists Lyman as the contact (see bottom of page), and the site is still being regularly updated.

It seems that BTM was able to collect over 10,000 names of people during this botched fiasco and had thousands subscribe to their site thanks to all the candidates encouraging their subscribers to join BTM to receive updated information for this debate.

www.revolutionbroadcasting.com and www.rtrradio had to cancell their VP debate 3 times because these dates continued to change which had Wayne Root -Darrell Castle and Thomas Knapp confirmed for the original date and the other VP's were invited but they had to contact all the candidates and let them know this will have to be a future date for this debate as to not compete with the Thirdpartyticket Presidential debate and force people to choose what debate they wanted to be involved in.

The VP debate is postponed until sometime next week - details to come at www.theywillbeheard.com and is sponsored by www.revolutionbroadcasting.com and www.rtrradio.com

More details to follow on this issue.

Steve Parent trying to throw btm under the bus again. When will you go away? (AND STAY AWAY!)

angelatc
10-20-2008, 07:58 AM

I think it probably means he has limited financial resources.

angelatc
10-20-2008, 07:59 AM
Steve Parent trying to throw btm under the bus again. When will you go away? (AND STAY AWAY!)

Oh My God. Is it really Parent?

Christ - thanks for pointing that out. Now how can we make him go away?

brandon
10-20-2008, 08:40 AM
Oh My God. Is it really Parent?

Christ - thanks for pointing that out. Now how can we make him go away?

Nope, Hamer's grammar is way to good to be Steve Parent

SpaceGoat
10-20-2008, 10:15 AM
It appears to be an SGP relay that knows how to correct the spelling and bad grammer...but clearly the message is the same...

ItsTime
10-20-2008, 10:19 AM
well they needed to harvest another 10k emails....

ItsTime
10-20-2008, 10:21 AM

I dont. Just very very incompatant. The first clue would have been wasting 1000s of man hours and $400,000+ flying a blimp around. Do you know how many things they said about the blimp never came true and never even had a prayer of coming true?

I mean who the hell thinks you can fly a blimp in NEW ENGLAND in the middle of the WINTER?

scandinaviany3
10-21-2008, 12:15 AM
Yeah arranging two money bombs and a fuckin blimp is really a plant. I think Hamer is the fake Dr. Steve trying to swindle a few more hearing aides.

ChrisInMN

Do you think he is parent in disguise?:mad: