PDA

View Full Version : Philly Liberty Rally Nov. 10 Update

tmg19103
09-06-2007, 06:50 PM
First of all, congrats to NYC and Philly for winning the MeetUp campaign fundraising contest!

As a review - the huge Liberty Rally at Independence Mall in Philly that everybody on this board voted on as Philly being the city over Washington D.C. and with the date being set Veteran's Day weekend for Saturday November 10th 12-4pm has the permit approved for the rally by the National Park Service and we raised $1,000 on this board in 24 hours or so to cover the event insurance, and Bob (Sematary) and I have the insurance policy in hand, but don't have to pay until two days before the event. I am working with Danda from this board to have a really professional website up to market this rally and it should be done in a few days as we just need to tweak some things. BizmanUSA who did the stage/lighting for the Pittsburgh rally will do Philly, but for that we need to raise some money (I see no prob – we have a donation section on the rally website). So, we are good to go Nov. 10.

I just got off the phone with the Greater Philly MeetUp Organizer and that MeetUp needs to decide on a date for Ron Paul to visit them personally for finishing in the top two in the MeetUp competition.

Bob (Sematary) and I had been having a little trouble pinning the campaign down on having Dr. Paul speak at the rally Nov. 10. They have real interest, but did not want to commit this far out as things change fast with campaigns and there is a lot of demand to have Dr. Paul show up at events. My suggestion to the Philly MeetUp Organizer was for them to consider having Dr. Paul come up that weekend to kill two birds with one stone.

We know of one popular conservative radio hosts who already had a great interview with Dr. Paul by phone who would love to have him on the day before the rally and help market it. The campaign can also schedule other events such as one of those $1,000 a plate fundraiser dinners and other media interviews.

So, the Philly MeetUp Organizer will be talking to the people he is closest to in the MeetUp and to the campaign shortly about a date to personally meet Ron Paul.

My SUGGESTION was to have the Philly MeetUp have Ron Paul come up the weekend of Nov. 10 to meet them personally AND to also attend and speak at the huge rally, with the intent to have not only a great time with Ron Paul supporters coming from all over the east coast and the country, but also to turn this into national exposure as no other candidate can generate this type of grassroots support with 5,000 plus enthusiastic supporters jamming Independence Mall in the Cradle of Liberty.

Again, Dr. Paul would be speaking in front of the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall where the Constitution was signed, with the U.S. Mint and our $100 billion in gold reserves right behind him.

While I belong to the Greater Philly MeetUp, I have been more involved with Iowa and national stuff, so I did not want to step on any toes with the Philly MeetUp. I offered this as a suggestion for a win-win.

Any thoughts or feedback is appreciated. There is a lot of support for this rally in Philly on this board and the absolute key is for Dr. Paul to speak at the rally. For now I will leave it in the hands of the Philly MeetUp Organizers and update when I receive a response.

Andy

RedStripe
09-06-2007, 07:00 PM
That sounds awesome. Thanks so much for working hard on this, I will definitely be there!

tmg19103
09-06-2007, 07:05 PM
Great to hear you will be there! We need support to make this happen! Either by attending the rally (which will be awesome!) or if you can't attend, perhaps donating to covering the stage/sound etc. - or both. I know I will obviously be there - and I will make a nice donation to the stage/sound equipment.

Bumpin this up for words of support....

llamabread
09-06-2007, 07:17 PM
You guys are the best. How many Giuliani Rallys are organized online, payed for by online supporters, and then have to ask Giuliani to come speak?

Sematary
09-06-2007, 07:52 PM
So one of the big things that occurred on the Philly front today was that Amanda Lee (events coordinator for the campaign) gave me the phone number of one of the Philly meetup organizers who is also familiar with many of the people in the campaign. This leads me to believe that they want us to work through this individual to get this thing done. I'm pretty excited about this development. :-)

MsDoodahs
09-06-2007, 08:00 PM
You guys are fantastic!

Sematary
09-06-2007, 08:06 PM
You guys are fantastic!

We're doing everything we can to make this happen! :D

noxagol
09-06-2007, 08:13 PM
I'm going to try my damndest to be there. Good excuse to visit the uncles whom live there.

tmg19103
09-07-2007, 05:24 AM
40 million people liver within 200 miles of Philly and over 70,000 college students are within 3 miles of this event and there will ne a lot of press releases and marketing for this event in the Philly area - including a campus blitz for the event. I truly hope RP accepts as this will be HUGE. Ron Paul supporters alone will pack the place, but once the website marketing event gets on this forum, the dailypaul, all the RP blogs and then gets spidered by Google, there is no way this won't be huge and temendous P.R. for the campaign - both in a state with a lot of delegates and ideally national exposure for the strength of the grassroots campaign. I know the campaign is going a west cost swing soon . Hopefully the can make this part of an east coast swing.

thewhammy
09-07-2007, 06:20 AM
Andy and Bob,

Good thinking trying to coordinate this with the Philly Meet-up. Perhaps this can be a two-day or one LONG day visit from Dr. Paul, capped off by your rally.

On a side note, I'm a little miffed that I was sitting here working on the web design -- like you guys asked -- and no one informed me they had found someone else to do it. I'm perfectly OK with someone else doing it, as I'm more of a content guy than a design guy anyway, but it did take up some time (and I was one mouseclick away from wasting money on a domain registration! :( ).

But ego is easily trumped by the greater good of the event, and the campaign. Let me know if I can help out, and keep up the good work.

Sematary
09-07-2007, 06:32 AM
Andy and Bob,

Good thinking trying to coordinate this with the Philly Meet-up. Perhaps this can be a two-day or one LONG day visit from Dr. Paul, capped off by your rally.

On a side note, I'm a little miffed that I was sitting here working on the web design -- like you guys asked -- and no one informed me they had found someone else to do it. I'm perfectly OK with someone else doing it, as I'm more of a content guy than a design guy anyway, but it did take up some time (and I was one mouseclick away from wasting money on a domain registration! :( ).

But ego is easily trumped by the greater good of the event, and the campaign. Let me know if I can help out, and keep up the good work.

My apologies, sir.
I don't know how your efforts were lost in the shuffle but I do apologize.