PDA

View Full Version : If there was federal reserve monopoly game..

mstrmac1
10-18-2008, 08:55 PM
what would be some of the ideas we could implement in the game?

I am going to take this to market. But i need some ideas?

Kotin
10-18-2008, 08:57 PM
I call Greenspan !

Kludge
10-18-2008, 08:57 PM
I won free "medium fries" less than an hour ago as I was coming home!

Perhaps the players could be hyperpluralist nations, they nationalize the corporations when they purchase it. Otherwise, the person landing on the space must pay the owner either royalty fees or some type of subsidy for continuing to remain in their country -- because it's a corrupt HP gov't, there wouldn't be an option not to pay.

mstrmac1
10-18-2008, 09:00 PM
I call Greenspan !

ahem... I already am greenspan+ bernake!! Sorry

mstrmac1
10-18-2008, 09:01 PM
the constitution can be the new jail corner!

sratiug
10-18-2008, 09:08 PM
I think we already did a thread on this. The banker always wins. Maybe you could make it where everybody has to team up to overthrow the banker and institute sound money.

jmlfod87
10-18-2008, 09:57 PM
you could do this if you just stick to the regular rules and rename the tiles/cards.

The utilities could be Bernanke and Paulson

Free Parking could be Free Credit.

Go could be Print.

the properties could be the different branches of fed banks.

the railroads could be the different branches of government: pres, senate, house, and supreme court

like someone else said jail could be the constitution.

the community chest cards could be the communist chest cards.

chance cards could be bankster cards.

and the income tax tile could be the inflation tax tile

if you make money on this idea you owe me 5% in royalties.

TruthAtLast
10-18-2008, 10:13 PM
I think we already did a thread on this. The banker always wins. Maybe you could make it where everybody has to team up to overthrow the banker and institute sound money.

great idea. now that's a game to teach the children. I'd donate to a "game bomb" to donate these games to families & schools.

mstrmac1
10-18-2008, 10:21 PM
you could do this if you just stick to the regular rules and rename the tiles/cards.

The utilities could be Bernanke and Paulson

Free Parking could be Free Credit.

Go could be Print.

the properties could be the different branches of fed banks.

the railroads could be the different branches of government: pres, senate, house, and supreme court

like someone else said jail could be the constitution.

the community chest cards could be the communist chest cards.

chance cards could be bankster cards.

and the income tax tile could be the inflation tax tile

if you make money on this idea you owe me 5% in royalties.

these are great ideas. Do u think people would but it?

sratiug
10-18-2008, 10:30 PM
great idea. now that's a game to teach the children. I'd donate to a "game bomb" to donate these games to families & schools.

Yeah, now we just have to figure out how to play it... I call Andrew Jackson, we could have Jefferson, Ron Paul... who else?

BeFranklin
10-18-2008, 10:40 PM
I already came up with one set of rules last year, posted on it, and played it last year for New Years with my family.

It was more fun then monopoly. But it gave me some ideas of things to change.

http://a488.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/122/l_63ab5770677d30811efa6c0eaed1ec17.jpg

(FYI: final design of money from another forum poster. You can print off sheets of these and test out your own rule
changes if you want.)

If you want even more satire than the original, you might stick some of the current news about the bailouts in it.
And helicopter bernanke.

BeFranklin
10-18-2008, 10:54 PM
And here comes bernanke into the game...

http://www.bullnotbull.com/gallery/images/g-helicopter-big.jpg

tremendoustie
10-18-2008, 11:55 PM
At the beginning, one player is designated as the "banker", who also starts with $1500.

All properties are bought by bidding, and there are cheap, unlimited loans from the banker -- say at 5% interest every time you go around the board, which must be paid when you pass "go". The priciple on these loans is supplied not from the banker, but from the unlimited supply of "credit" in the game's till. Thus, with cheap credit, everyone uses loan money to bid up the properties, so they become expensive (inflation).

The interest on these loans, however, goes straight to the banker's private stash. If a player is ever unable to pay the fee for a particular property's loan, the property is auctioned off by the bank, with the same rules as above. If the auction yields more than the debt, the difference goes to the player. The repayment of the pricipal goes back into the "credit" till.

Whenever someone can't pay a fee to another player, or can't pay the fee on a loan, they can get further loans from the bank, by "morgaging" their property that they own free and clear -- but not in the traditional "monopoly" sense. The banker determines how much he/she believes the property is worth, and gives a loan of up to that amount to the player.

When a player goes bankrupt, meaning they can't pay a fee and have no more property to morgage, they go bankrupt, and the banker always gets paid first. So, the bank sells their property, one by one, at auction, until the debt is paid. The "banker" gets to bid in these auctions as well. The repaid priciple goes back into the "credit" till.

Eventually, the banker always wins (or I bet he will), because all of that interest will add up. I'm about to play with my wife to give it a shot!

tremendoustie
10-19-2008, 02:14 AM
Wow, we just finished, and it worked perfectly. We even had a housing bubble!! We each played a couple people to simulate more players. At the beginning, property was extremely expensive, as people spent their starting money (savings), and racked up big loans, especially to get and keep people from getting monopolies. But then, as the first player defaulted and there were auctions for his property, housing prices hit the dirt, because everyone else was too much in debt to pay.

Yeah, eventually everyone defaulted and the banker used the tidy sum of cash he collected from everyone's interest to clean up.

The one modification I would make is that the banker should not be a player, with a token. There should be a person, who plays the banker, but all he does is decide what loans to give out, keep track of people's payments, and conduct the auctions. Having a banker as a player adds too much variance - the banker could just have bad luck a couple times and ruin the illustration.

Also, the banker should be able to set interest rates for each loan (based on risk), and decide how much credit he will extend to what players on which property.

BeFranklin
10-19-2008, 02:23 AM
Wow, we just finished, and it worked perfectly. We even had a housing bubble!! We each played a couple people to simulate more players. At the beginning, property was extremely expensive, as people spent their starting money (savings), and racked up big loans, especially to get and keep people from getting monopolies. But then, as the first player defaulted and there were auctions for his property, housing prices hit the dirt, because everyone else was too much in debt to pay.

Yeah, eventually everyone defaulted and the banker used the tidy sum of cash he collected from everyone's interest to clean up.

The one modification I would make is that the banker should not be a player, with a token. There should be a person, who plays the banker, but all he does is decide what loans to give out, keep track of people's payments, and conduct the auctions. Having a banker as a player adds too much variance - the banker could just have bad luck a couple times and ruin the illustration.

Also, the banker should be able to set interest rates for each loan (based on risk), and decide how much credit he will extend to what players on which property.

lol, sounds like a supermoney monopoly version of the game with even a housing bubble.

In our version, we eliminated the central bank and let the free market work :D