PDA

View Full Version : It is imperative that you vote!

hillbilly123069
10-18-2008, 08:21 PM
I hear people saying not to vote as a form of protest.This is the worst possible thing you could do.If for nothing more, your vote can counter another for John or Barry.For decades,people have been convinced that their vote doesn't matter.More manipulation to ease the infiltration of our government.
Vote Independent,or green as the 2-party system has labeled us.You have the choice of dem.,rep., and independent candidates to vote for.Another fact the 2-party system has tried to conceal.The more #'s that vote,the louder the message,We the people have had enough.

Truth Warrior
10-18-2008, 08:55 PM
No it's not. :p I last voted in 1972 and not even one election was changed nor effected in any way whatsoever by my absence. :rolleyes:

Kotin
10-18-2008, 09:03 PM
haa its not in the least imperative that we vote.

"if voting changed anything, it would be illegal."

heavenlyboy34
10-18-2008, 09:14 PM
I hear people saying not to vote as a form of protest.This is the worst possible thing you could do.If for nothing more, your vote can counter another for John or Barry.For decades,people have been convinced that their vote doesn't matter.More manipulation to ease the infiltration of our government.
Vote Independent,or green as the 2-party system has labeled us.You have the choice of dem.,rep., and independent candidates to vote for.Another fact the 2-party system has tried to conceal.The more #'s that vote,the louder the message,We the people have had enough.

I can sort of see that in local election. However, in national elections that involve "electors", the popular vote hardly matters (except to political scientists and other nerds).:p

Isaac Bickerstaff
10-18-2008, 09:33 PM
Right now, Truth Warrior is part of the majority, people who don't vote. That majority is invisible because the winner receives a winning percentage of actual votes, not a majority of potential votes. If only three people voted, the masses would see that one candidate won with 66% of the vote--landslide. If six people voted, three of them for third party "protest" votes, the winner would win with only 33% of the vote, and would have to behave himself because he would know that enough people out there actively did not vote for him that he could be thrown out on his ass at any moment.

Just show up and make sure that you don't vote for a winner. Everything else is a wasted vote.

TastyWheat
10-18-2008, 10:49 PM
The only thing the two parties love more than your vote is your apathy. If you think they don't give a shit about you when you vote, they'll give even less of a shit when you don't vote.

tmosley
10-19-2008, 06:19 PM
It costs nothing to vote, and it sends a message when done en masse.

Not voting is a sign of submission to authority.

Kotin
10-19-2008, 06:22 PM

voting for John McCain or Barack Obama is submission to authority

not voting is declaring I will not participate in this corrupt and useless process.

Truth Warrior
10-19-2008, 06:31 PM

Yep, your en masse message is, "Great job folks, just keep it up, more of the same please".

If the authority said "Don't Vote", ONLY then maybe would not voting be possibly submission to authority.

:p :rolleyes:

mkeller
10-20-2008, 09:43 AM
Yep, your en masse message is, "Great job folks, just keep it up, more of the same please".

Only if you're voting for more of the same. En masse 3rd party votes send the opposite message.:D

Not voting sends no message at all.

Truth Warrior
10-20-2008, 11:09 AM
Only if you're voting for more of the same. En masse 3rd party votes send the opposite message.:D

Not voting sends no message at all.
Yep, all ~1 million of you 3rd party en masse voters, you betcha, loud and clear. :D It's all just a frickin' bogus numbers game.<IMHO> :rolleyes:

BTW, that's not what Ron says about not voting. ;)

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=1670161&postcount=1 (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=1670161&postcount=1)

rwbris18
10-20-2008, 01:05 PM
No it's not. :p I last voted in 1972 and not even one election was changed nor effected in any way whatsoever by my absence. :rolleyes:

Then my ears are closed to your complaining!

Truth Warrior
10-20-2008, 01:07 PM
How Can You Think Voting Matters? (http://www.lewrockwell.com/alston/alston50.html)
Actually, it does, says Wilt Alston, just not in the way you think.

Truth Warrior
10-20-2008, 01:12 PM
Then my ears are closed to your complaining!

That's exactly why I close my ears to the MINORITY of "We the People" voter's complaining. It's their government, and their mess to clean up. :rolleyes:

heavenlyboy34
10-20-2008, 01:39 PM
Yep, all ~1 million of you 3rd party en masse voters, you betcha, loud and clear. :D It's all just a frickin' bogus numbers game.<IMHO> :rolleyes:

BTW, that's not what Ron says about not voting. ;)

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=1670161&postcount=1 (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=1670161&postcount=1)

Will you be starting a League of non-voters, TW? :D

Truth Warrior
10-20-2008, 01:43 PM
Will you be starting a League of non-voters, TW? :D Nope!

"I won't belong to any organization that would have someone like me as a member." -- Groucho Marx

:D

undergroundrr
10-20-2008, 02:05 PM
There are many local elections that matter.

I will be voting in these, but I already voted for my president on March 4. There is no need to vote for any other.