PDA

View Full Version : Is this legal?

Time for Change
10-18-2008, 07:53 PM
I was in a city hall office (where utility bills are paid) and I noticed fliers posted on the glass separating the workers from the public.

These were "Need a ride to the polls" signs with the Osama campaign logo on them.

Isn't it illegal for a city to actively support any candidate?
I know they are not supposed to wear campaign pins or have any materials around...
I have half a mind to make them remove the signs...

Or...am I out of line for not blindly allowing the messiah to do whatever he wants; thus, making be a bigoted racist?

The trend of "If you don't support him, you are racist" is getting old...really old.

Sigh...:(

What's next...they come in our homes and demand our food (with that act protected by a law that applies to "Minorities" only)...
if we don't give it up we are racist?

Wouldn't surprise me.

qaxn
10-18-2008, 07:56 PM
file a complaint about it.

Or...am I out of line for not blindly allowing the messiah to do whatever he wants; thus, making be a bigoted racist?

The trend of "If you don't support him, you are racist" is getting old...really old.

Sigh...:(

What's next...they come in our homes and demand our food (with that act protected by a law that applies to "Minorities" only)...
if we don't give it up we are racist?

Wouldn't surprise me.

has anyone actually suggested any of this or are you fantasizing about being an oppressed randian hero? because that sort of thing really isn't healthy.

ItsTime
10-18-2008, 07:57 PM
Did they call you racist? And no I dont think its allowed. Call a lawyer.

hillbilly123069
10-18-2008, 07:59 PM
Another manipulation.And no, it is against Illinois law to lobby candidates using state resources.

Time for Change
10-19-2008, 05:40 AM
file a complaint about it.

has anyone actually suggested any of this or are you fantasizing about being an oppressed randian hero? because that sort of thing really isn't healthy.

WTF...
Yes I regularly encounter people saying that NOT supporting Osama is racist.
I have been physically challenged a few times as well. Nothing too threatening or that I cannot handle, but a narrow minded marxist supporter initiated shoving match none-the-less.

There's no damned fantasy here, it is reality.
What kind of horseshit is that?

After a little looking...
Is it really necessary to project negativity in nearly all your posts on RPF?
You are NOT the Supreme Being or the intellectual phenom the world has been waiting for.
Please be conscious of the fact you are posting on a public forum loaded with thousands of opinions that may not be completely parallel with your own thinking.

This confrontational tendency being exhibited in your posts is frowned upon by the community; therefore, I respectfully advise caution with your future presentations.
Lest ye be labeled for trolling.