PDA

View Full Version : Newspapers Won't Endorse McCain - Citing Palin Choice

D.H.
10-18-2008, 06:20 PM
I am starting to feel some vindication. I really didn't care about this race since RP dropped out. But something changed when Palin entered the scene. At least the negative effect she had on me made me feel it was my duty not to be quiet and complain. (Thanks fellow RP supporters for putting up with my rants)

Apparently this same effect is motivating the nations largest conservative papers to do something they have never done and endorse Obama. Their primary complaint being McCains erratic campaign and the irresponsibility in choosing Palin. According to the AP - The Chicago Tribune is endorsing a Democrat for the first time in history; they have been around since 1847, and the LA Times is also endorsing a Democrat for the first time in theirs. The Times has endorsed NO ONE since 1972 when Nixon ran.

What they have in common; "Palin is the most unqualified vice presidential nominee of a major party in living memory," the Times said. "The decision calls into question just what kind of thinking — if that's the appropriate word — would drive the White House in a McCain presidency."

Pretty amazing. On a side note: Palin will be on SNL tonight. Of course no plans for the Sunday morning talk shows. That's about right for our pop culture society. At least the newspapers are calling B.S.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5gxQh9up02BQ7vqWle9i-pgh6hScwD93SHQ5O7

angelatc
10-18-2008, 06:27 PM
I am literally stunned to learn that the Chicago Tribune is considered a conservative paper, and even more stunned to learn that they endorsed President Bush.

I think they must be more interested in endorsing winners.

klamath
10-18-2008, 07:53 PM
No conservative papers that I know.