PDA

View Full Version : Help! My meetup group...well, sucks!

GettingItRight2008
09-06-2007, 06:28 PM
I want to help the campaign. I believe in Ron Paul's message. However, my meetup group is full of 9/11 truthers, jean shorts, racist, and basically a motley crew of trash that has no understanding of libertarian values.

They are nice people at the core, but I don't believe most of their efforts are good for the campaign. Further...and this may sound snotty, but it's the truth, how much time do you really want to spend with people you find personally objectionable?

How else can I help? What can I do? Has anyone else had this problem?

ghemminger
09-06-2007, 06:29 PM
Welcome to the Revolution!

So, you have just discovered Ron Paul. Congratulations and welcome to the revolution! Many of you have never been involved with a political movement before. I was you merely six months ago. I expect that you are much like I was a few months ago, unsure of what to do next. Hopefully this will give you a little orientation to the Ron Paul Revolution!

1)There is no national direction for our grassroots campaign- so don't wait for instructions.

This may come as a surprise to you, but we are a true grassroots movement. The signs you see, the fliers you have received, and the Internet dominance we have achieved have been independent from the national campaign. So what does this mean to you? Since no one is in charge, we have to take charge for ourselves. Ideally this would be done through your local Meetup group. These small groups are the smaller cells that make up the body of the campaign. You can access Meetup directly, or go through the www.RonPaul2008.com website. Join a local group and see what they are doing. You may find that working with a small local group is better than going it alone. This does, however, lead me to my second point

2)Ron Paul attracts many different types of people, so understand that you will disagree with some of the people you meet.

Don't feel intimidated or get angry with people who feel differently than you. Focus on the main goal of getting Ron Paul the Republican Nomination, and then the Presidency. If political differences become too much, don't be afraid of starting your own group. The worst thing you can do is give up on the movement because of disagreement with some of its members.

3)Think and operate as locally as possible, starting with friends and family

Do you know two people who are unsatisfied with our government? I doubt you could find two people who ARE satisfied. If at all possible, try to “Double Yourself” which is to say, find two people to support the Ron Paul campaign and will “Double” themselves. This sort of growth is exponential, and has been the key to our success thus far. While some meetups and online communities are collaborating on large scale media advertising, don't overlook the importance of convince your own circle of influence. Here is a little joke that might give you some insight

Q: How can you tell you are in a room with a Ron Paul supporter?
A: He'll tell you.

4)Use your talents, abilities, and skills.

During the Revolutionary War, heroes were made out of seamstresses, orators, soldiers, financiers, shopkeepers and more. There is even a place in history for Molly Pitcher, who brought water to soldiers, and manned artillery after her husband fell. Don't try to be someone your not, just use who you are to support the campaign. Bake cookies for neighbors with Ron Paul fliers, talk to your friends or pastor at church, the possibilities are as diverse- and that gives us strength.

5)Don't Forget the Basics

Put a Ron Paul bumper sticker on your car. When possible, wear a “Who is Ron Paul?” T-shirt (people WILL ask you), and keep campaign literature at the ready to give out.

Where you go is up to you. This is new territory for all of us.

Stay informed, Stay Motivated, and most of all Stay Excited!

Useful Sites:
www.RonPaul2008.com
www.Ronpaulforums.com
www.RonPaul.Meetup.Com
www.freeme.tv
www.youtube.com Ron Pauls videos under the YouChoose '08 category

Please Donate to MarchAcrossAmerica.blogspot.com

JoshLowry
09-06-2007, 06:30 PM
Lone wolf it! I bet you can be more effective with a team of 3 than 30.

Mr. White
09-06-2007, 06:30 PM
Do the lone wolf thing if you can't work with them.

ghemminger
09-06-2007, 06:31 PM
Lone wolf it! I bet you can be more effective with a team of 3 than 30.

Josh is there a way that evey NEW member get the Welcome message??? It actually might help

katao
09-06-2007, 06:36 PM
I want to help the campaign. I believe in Ron Paul's message. However, my meetup group is full of 9/11 truthers, jean shorts, racist, and basically a motley crew of trash that has no understanding of libertarian values.

They are nice people at the core, but I don't believe most of their efforts are good for the campaign. Further...and this may sound snotty, but it's the truth, how much time do you really want to spend with people you find personally objectionable?

I understand. Ron Paul's message attracts a huge variety of people - that's the beauty of it, it is truly a unifying thing. Truthers may turn off others like you, but they will attract others that lean in that direction.

That said, it can be tough to work together. If you can stick it out, others like you will join soon and you wouldn't want them to feel alone, as you do. If it truly is too much, there are so many other ways you can help on your own!

EDIT: Oh, and welcome! We're glad to have you here!

abstrusezincate
09-06-2007, 06:38 PM
The other thing you have to remember when in a group is to focus on a message that has a wide appeal. Talk about the Constitution and liberty. When you find what unites you, you'll be in good shape.

If you're not happy with your group, then step up and offer to help lead the way. Tell your Organizer that you want to have an event, and make it happen. This campaign is not for the timid, but you have more friends than you know.

If you need help, ask people in the group, ask other groups, and just try.

If all that fails, some people, for some reasons, just work better alone. That's acceptable also.

Revolution9
09-06-2007, 06:39 PM

Get over it. Those are Americans you are trashing. You won't find me coddling your reactions.

Randy

max
09-06-2007, 06:40 PM

find just 2 or 3 to work with...

u can still do lots of good work hanging signs, distributing flyers..

see if u can put together a direct mail campaign and have members mail on their own with you simply coordinating..

as for 9/11 truthers..I am proud to be one myself...but its not wise to mix the two activities...i told my fellow truthers...and they all agree...that the public isnt ready to handle the truth yet so we cant mix the two...If the truthers in your gang cant understand that they are pretty dumb...

ghemminger
09-06-2007, 06:41 PM
Get over it. Those are Americans you are trashing. You won't find me coddling your reactions.

Randy

Hey Randy - I luv ya but you need to work on your bedside manner:D

American
09-06-2007, 06:41 PM

Damn, thats sounds like my meetup group. You're not in Chico,CA are you?

Nevermind Revolution9, he's on the 9/11truth tip also. Sometimes they just dont get it that we can only do one thing at a time. First we Get Ron Paul into the white house then we move onto other subjects that are important, but first things first.

max
09-06-2007, 06:42 PM
u are sounding a bit elitist..and thats not very "libertarian"

u dont have to marry these people...just work with them

abstrusezincate
09-06-2007, 06:44 PM
You know, they take a lot of crap, but in my group I have to say the Truthers are some of the hardest working people we have. They understand that it is more important to get Ron Paul elected, and they've come to realize that we have to focus on a common message. Maybe if you approached them that way, you might have more luck.

We actually have two working subgroups in our group, which is to say a conservative GOP type group and a libertarian progressive type group. They run different events but both bring people in with a message that is surprisingly similar in content, but quite different in tone.

GettingItRight2008
09-06-2007, 06:48 PM
Wow...thanks for the quick responses.

I guess "lone wolfing" or better yet finding 2 or 3 to work with would be the best bet.

Thank you very much for everyone with those responses.

on the other hand...Randy...you are exactly what I am talking about..."coddle my reactions?" Please explain to me what exactly this combination of words means?

Anyways, I don't need anyone to coddle anything for me. Please return to your trailer....and that, my friend, is America: where the cream rises to the top.

blazin_it_alwyz
09-06-2007, 06:52 PM

It depends on what type of efforts that are making, you don't exactly go into detail, so that is subjective to scrutiny by whomever.

But you should keep in mind, that whether you agree with people or not ( I am very different and happen to disagree with many people on this board), we all should agree that we should be free to make the decisions we make, whether we like each other or not for it. That is the definition of freedom, and that doesn't exclude truthers, jean short wearers, or even racists, as long as they are not infringing upon anyone else's freedoms. That means temporary truce with all we don't agree with, to make sure Ron get's into presidency.

The only way I could personally knock them, is if they were busy trying promote secondary agendas (9/11 inside job, Get rid of Jews) then that is a very good reason now to afilliate your self with that kind of crew, and you should advise them against it, maybe point them to these forums, we will straighten them out.

But if you feel like you can go lone wolf also, GO FOR IT! Lone wolf just means that there is not of Ron Paul supporters around, meaning if you go in public with Ron paul shirts, you will definitely catch a few people wondering "Who is Ron Paul"....

just my 2 cents

Revolution9
09-06-2007, 06:57 PM
Hey Randy - I luv ya but you need to work on your bedside manner:D

I ain't a doctor. I am a hard rock musician:D And what I said is true. the guy needs to adjust his shitty attitude..new or not. Maybe those folks do not have enough cash for a wardrobe that suits his fancy. That should not make them the butt of his criticisms.

Best
Randy

JasonM
09-06-2007, 07:00 PM
Well it takes maybe 10 or 12 people to carry out the bigger projects like handing out campaign fliers or advertisements. I'm in the same boat. I just forked over 45 bucks in order to help keep my meetup group in Joplin Mo alive (no one stepped up to the plate, and only 16 members in it).

Revolution9
09-06-2007, 07:04 PM
Wow...thanks for the quick responses.

I guess "lone wolfing" or better yet finding 2 or 3 to work with would be the best bet.

Thank you very much for everyone with those responses.

on the other hand...Randy...you are exactly what I am talking about..."coddle my reactions?" Please explain to me what exactly this combination of words means?

Anyways, I don't need anyone to coddle anything for me. Please return to your trailer....and that, my friend, is America: where the cream rises to the top.

See my post farther down. You are very judgemental.. So I whipped it out on you.. How did it feel being at the butt end of scurrilous judgment? As for coddling your reactions..I mean that I do not take your whining reaction to dress and transparency in public safety issues as a serious observation due to the manner you spoke about your fellow Paul supporters. You must give up your knee jerks. I see you already are trying to put me in your little classifications category.. Love the trailers comment.. Shows exactly who you are in your mindset. I nailed you rght from the word go pal. Ask around here.. Classfications won't stick. I move too quickly. I am far too complex for a simple mind like you to figure out.

OK Lesson Over..If you want it to be.. Welcome. Lone wolf tactics are best for you tll you get used to your new playmates.

Randy

Buzz
09-06-2007, 07:06 PM
That's the thing about this campaign... it unites all kinds of people who exercise their constitutional rights in different ways. Remember, you're as weird to them as they are to you.

CasualApathy
09-06-2007, 07:09 PM
About the Truthers...

While i agree, that the 9/11-Truth thing has no place in Ron Paul's Campaign, you at least have to give them a little credit. They were the first major online group who started promoting Ron Paul, and they continue to do so. The fact that most of them are willing to keep their 9/11 views to themselves while promoting Ron Paul speaks volumes about their character and dedication. Well, it does in my book at least.

I DO NOT want to turn this thread into another 9/11 discussion, but i just thought it had to be said.

max
09-06-2007, 07:11 PM
This guy sounds like a troll....

that trailer comment is totally uncalled for.

He acts like we gave him great information.....whats so damn hard about figuring out to be a lone wolf or just work with 2 or 3?

he just stopped in to bust our chops..

LibertyEagle
09-06-2007, 07:11 PM
I ain't a doctor. I am a hard rock musician:D And what I said is true. the guy needs to adjust his shitty attitude..new or not. Maybe those folks do not have enough cash for a wardrobe that suits his fancy. That should not make them the butt of his criticisms.

Best
Randy

Randy, please back off. This forum can sometimes be too much for even the most hardened. This guy is new to the arena.

C'mon man.

LibertyEagle
09-06-2007, 07:13 PM
This guy sounds like a troll....

that trailer comment is totally uncalled for.

He acts like we gave him great information.....whats so damn hard about figuring out to be a lone wolf or just work with 2 or 3?

he just stopped in to bust our chops..

Jesus guys. Way to welcome someone. This is the reason why this forum should NEVER be listed on any literature. For one, some people seem to have forgotten all sense of manners.

C'mon...... be nice.

blazin_it_alwyz
09-06-2007, 07:14 PM
I DO NOT want to turn this thread into another 9/11 discussion, but i just thought it had to be said.

wait but you do know 9/11 was an inside job right? :D

LibertyEagle
09-06-2007, 07:15 PM
About the Truthers...

While i agree, that the 9/11-Truth thing has no place in Ron Paul's Campaign, you at least have to give them a little credit. They were the first major online group who started promoting Ron Paul, and they continue to do so. The fact that most of them are willing to keep their 9/11 views to themselves while promoting Ron Paul speaks volumes about their character and dedication. Well, it does in my book at least.

NO. ACTUALLY NOT TRUE. I have been a supporter of Ron Paul, as have a whole lot of people, long before 9-11. For me, it's been 25 years, probably longer than a lot of you have been alive.

This is Ron Paul's campaign. Can we please shelve these side agendas and focus on getting the man elected? Please.

max
09-06-2007, 07:17 PM
in case anybodi is interested though....

heres the truth about 9/11

www.911truthvirus.com

Nash
09-06-2007, 07:18 PM
u are sounding a bit elitist..and thats not very "libertarian"

u dont have to marry these people...just work with them

There is nothing unlibertarian about having an opinion about something.

He's not calling for these people to be locked up in jail or even saying they shouldn't be part of the meetup he's just saying they aren't really people he can identify with.

I'm a fascist in my own household, but I that doesn't mean I think the federal government has any business in yours or anyone elses.

I find it completely selfish of people to talk off-topic at a Ron Paul meetup group. He's not running his campaign on 9/11 truth, legalizing heroin, or basically anything that isn't on his website. If it isn't there, then we should leave that out of the Ron Paul meetup groups.

If individuals are interested in 9/11 truth or Heroin rights that's fine but form another meetup to discuss that stuff and then attend both.

We need to stay on message here.

blazin_it_alwyz
09-06-2007, 07:19 PM
See my post farther down. You are very judgemental.. So I whipped it out on you.. How did it feel being at the butt end of scurrilous judgment? As for coddling your reactions..I mean that I do not take your whining reaction to dress and transparency in public safety issues as a serious observation due to the manner you spoke about your fellow Paul supporters. You must give up your knee jerks. I see you already are trying to put me in your little classifications category.. Love the trailers comment.. Shows exactly who you are in your mindset. I nailed you rght from the word go pal. Ask around here.. Classfications won't stick. I move too quickly. I am far too complex for a simple mind like you to figure out.

OK Lesson Over..If you want it to be.. Welcome. Lone wolf tactics are best for you tll you get used to your new playmates.

Randy

He is definitely wrong, but you have to ease up man, especially on new Ron Paul supporters. All this non-judgmental talk is indeed the norm for us, but it isn't so much the norm for them. You don't have to attack him, just address the issue.

If he was a veteran on these boards, I would say fair game, but that is a good way, whether he is right or wrong, to get a sour taste in his mouth about Ron Paul and supporters, and you have a hard worker who was going to show up in Ron Paul meetup groups, now showing up in HUCKABEE meet up groups. Just ease up a little man. We are trying to slowly but surely convert these people.

Nash
09-06-2007, 07:19 PM
NO. ACTUALLY NOT TRUE. I have been a supporter of Ron Paul, as have a whole lot of people, long before 9-11. For me, it's been 25 years, probably longer than a lot of you have been alive.

This is Ron Paul's campaign. Can we please shelve these side agendas and focus on getting the man elected? Please.

Second this and this was brought up in a topic a long time ago. I have been following Ron Paul long before I had ever heard of 9/11 truth or Alex Jones.

CasualApathy
09-06-2007, 07:22 PM

Yes, actually true. If you had been paying attention. I said that the truthers were the first major online group to support Ron Paul. And i challenge you to prove me wrong/defy gravity/turn off the sun.

Sadly i now feel it nessecary to point out that I myself am not a truther, as there seems to be a lot of aggression directed towards them in this forum.

Remember, Ron Paul is for everyone, even the Neocons, if they want him :p

Nash
09-06-2007, 07:24 PM
Yes, actually true. If you had been paying attention. I said that the truthers were the first major online group to support Ron Paul. And i challenge you to prove me wrong/defy gravity/turn off the sun.

Sadly i now feel it nessecary to point out that I myself am not a truther, as there seems to be a lot of aggression directed towards them in this forum.

www.lewrockwell.com

Revolution9
09-06-2007, 07:25 PM
Randy, please back off. This forum can sometimes be too much for even the most hardened. This guy is new to the arena.

C'mon man.

Read what he said about people..Americans.. workng to elect Paul in hs very first post. He deserved spanking. Note the trailertrash comment.. Yeah..he is a nice guy and I should coddle him.. Howzabout now i took a strip out of his "hide" I leave him alone and see how he develops and interacts. Maybe he won't spew any more shit about 911 researchers and troll the group..or certain ones that may like shorts and a tshirt. Jeesh..how frigging shallow. He would hate the Atlanta meetup. There is email daily wth 911 links.. No one bitches. We all want Paul to win and that is where our common ground lies. This guy is looking for a partisan party wth suits and "clean" people.. You know..like the kind got us in the mess we are today while the shorts and tshirt clowns try to dig us out of this mess. We appreciate any suits that want to honestly and non judgmentally assist...or us assist them..but his first post was simply baragrugous..

Yer pal
Randy

blazin_it_alwyz
09-06-2007, 07:26 PM

I am actually going to have to agree with CasualApathy on this one. While Ron Paul supporters have been around long since before I was born, the majority of the supporters for Ron Paul when these debates and what not first started, were from the truthers, Alex Jones and all the like.

One of the reasons Ron Paul is so well known, is because of the popular website DIGG, and the truthers really started that movement on digg also. They are a rabid dedicated bunch but you have to give them A LOT OF CREDIT.

CasualApathy
09-06-2007, 07:28 PM
I am actually going to have to agree with CasualApathy on this one. While Ron Paul supporters have been around long since before I was born, the majority of the supporters for Ron Paul when these debates and what not first started, were from the truthers, Alex Jones and all the like.

One of the reasons Ron Paul is so well known, is because of the popular website DIGG, and the truthers really started that movement on digg also. They are a rabid dedicated bunch but you have to give them A LOT OF CREDIT.

The voice of reason.
Thank you.

blazin_it_alwyz
09-06-2007, 07:29 PM
Read what he said about people..Americans.. workng to elect Paul in hs very first post. He deserved spanking. Note the trailertrash comment.. Yeah..he is a nice guy and I should coddle him

dude, please understand that some of the people in this world have not had the best upbringing. It is quite a phenomenon, when a person decides to make his own way, despite what the people around them think, what the media thinks, that is a very hard thing to break.

But that does not happen overnight my man. We might know better, but these people have been taught something different since birth. He is obviously coming around to our side if he is on our boards, why slander him? Use some restraint, and address the issue like I did.

Have you ever heard of the expression, "Kill em with kindness"?

Revolution9
09-06-2007, 07:33 PM
He is definitely wrong, but you have to ease up man, especially on new Ron Paul supporters. All this non-judgmental talk is indeed the norm for us, but it isn't so much the norm for them. You don't have to attack him, just address the issue.

If he was a veteran on these boards, I would say fair game, but that is a good way, whether he is right or wrong, to get a sour taste in his mouth about Ron Paul and supporters, and you have a hard worker who was going to show up in Ron Paul meetup groups, now showing up in HUCKABEE meet up groups. Just ease up a little man. We are trying to slowly but surely convert these people.

I agree somewhat but when I review the first post I stand by my smackdown at his elitist BS about dressing up.. He also makes it sound like all they did was talk 911. I KNOW he is exaggerating...or should I say whining. If he gives me his meetup group number I will email and confirm or deny his story. So..how do you like his trailertrash comments? I thnk they were on par for him myself. Again I stand by the smackdown. he was being smarmy like the FOX news hosts at the debate. As for sour taste in the mouth..Yeah..I got it.. he may like Huckabee folks. They probably are all shiny and plastic and afraid to speak their minds. No tshirts and shorts people there oh no..Rah rah war and stuff too.

Best
Randy

Revolution9
09-06-2007, 07:40 PM
dude, please understand that some of the people in this world have not had the best upbringing. It is quite a phenomenon, when a person decides to make his own way, despite what the people around them think, what the media thinks, that is a very hard thing to break.

But that does not happen overnight my man. We might know better, but these people have been taught something different since birth. He is obviously coming around to our side if he is on our boards, why slander him? Use some restraint, and address the issue like I did.

Have you ever heard of the expression, "Kill em with kindness"?

I believe in slapping common sense into them. It is quicker and more effective and separates the men from the boys. He could have just stated he was displeased and wanted to help other ways..but he took the low road and painted himself highly whlst insulting folks unable to defend themselves. How many 911 sentences were spoken? What right does he have to diss someone for shorts and a tshirt in the middle of a heatwaved summer??.. Equalizer time in my book.

Over half the population wants a new investigation focused on Bush/Cheney. Zogby poll came out today I think. So..he is attacking half the populace with his aspersions.

Best
Randy

LibertyEagle
09-06-2007, 07:45 PM

No, I don't care what anyone's personal deal is, just leave it out of the campaign. Can't some of you understand that SOME PEOPLE take offense at the whole claim that our government was somehow responsible for 9-11. I do not want to get in a discussion about that here, please. I'm just asking for you to please think about it.

Remember the whole deal about a big tent. Doesn't that also apply to people that do not share your opinion about 9-11? C'mon guys. We've got to bring in the traditional conservatives and other people too. Don't knock them over the head and make them run away screaming because they don't agree with you on this one thing. Ron Paul himself doesn't.

Peace.

blazin_it_alwyz
09-06-2007, 07:49 PM
I believe in slapping common sense into them. It is quicker and more effective and separates the men from the boys.

Yes, that is what RP preaches, slapping common sense into them by slandering them like you have just done..

Seriously, you have to ask yourself if RP would approve, if the answer is no, you probably shouldn't be doing it. Whatever good intentions I am sure you have, slandering people isn't going to get the on our side, or else Ron Paul would slander Main stream media, and slander the public, which he has never done, and will never do.

Follow RP's teaching if you support him, that is all I'm saying.. what you are saying is not what Ron Paul preaches my man.

Bossobass
09-06-2007, 07:54 PM
Welcome. :cool:

I just went to my first meetup here in Charlotte. I'm a lone-wolfer kinda guy sometimes, myself, but the reality is that I was active before there was a meetup group here. And, I've been around the country pounding the streets, attending rallies and debates and my local meetups have been the days I haven't been here.

Just letter and sign up your car and do a one-man caravan around the Federal Reserve Branch to serve them notice and go from there. (I learned that one from my hero, Josh Lowry and we happen to have a FRB here in CLT :D )

I dig every American with the balls to fight for what belongs to the people. Ron Paul is the highest standard of that person in my book and he taught me early on by example to make the best of every encounter with brothers and sisters in arms.

We have young, old, male, female, crazy, conservative, brainy, ballsy, loud, quiet, partyers, bookworms and every other kind of person.

My old habit is to judge those books by their covers. It's a bad habit. I lose that bad habit when I work with them to support Ron Paul.

Some of the guys here (Rev9) are a bit crusty, but I'd share a foxhole with any of them when it gets right down to it...and we're approaching the get-right-down-to-it hour, IMHO.

Again, welcome aboard. I agree with the consensus to do a one-man show if you can't devise a way to utilize the better strategy of strength in numbers, but try to work with the group at something...anything. It may change your mind a bit.

This forum is CRAWLING with GREAT IDEAS.

Also, Scribbs has asked for every forum member to please put your hometown (or, at least home state) in your profile. I agree with that request. It helps to have an idea where you're from many times.

Bosso

CasualApathy
09-06-2007, 07:57 PM
No, I don't care what anyone's personal deal is, just leave it out of the campaign. Can't some of you understand that SOME PEOPLE take offense at the whole claim that our government was somehow responsible for 9-11. I do not want to get in a discussion about that here, please. I'm just asking for you to please think about it.

Remember the whole deal about a big tent. Doesn't that also apply to people that do not share your opinion about 9-11? C'mon guys. We've got to bring in the traditional conservatives and other people too. Don't knock them over the head and make them run away screaming because they don't agree with you on this one thing. Ron Paul himself doesn't.

Peace.

I don't want to sound harsh, but you are obviously not paying attention. Here are the posts you are objecting to:

About the Truthers...

Remember, Ron Paul is for everyone, even the Neocons, if they want him

Now, I have clearly stated that:

1) I am not a Truther, hence i do not have a personal agenda as you imply.
2) I do not think that 9/11 truth should have any place in the campaign.
3) That i do not want to turn this into a 9/11 debate thread.

I was simply saying, and this is the truth, that the 9/11 truth people were the first major online group who worked for RP, spreading the word.

This does not mean that i support their views, as you imply...
Maybe i can give credit where credit is due because they don't really piss me off, because i honestly believe that people have a right to their opinions, and that the world is a better place with diversity and tolerance.

You may say that I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one ;)

DjLoTi
09-06-2007, 07:58 PM
oh jesus, don't tell me this turned into a debate about 9/11.

quickmike
09-06-2007, 08:00 PM
My advise to you would be to try and work with them if you can. I know alot of people are saying you sound like a snob, and I can understand that, but at the same time I can understand what you mean about image. Image, although personally I think is bullsiht, unfortunately is important in a world of superficial people, so I see where you might be coming from. You want the people out there to at least give an effort to present themseves in a halfway decent light. These people are just like you in one way though. They want to see Ron Paul as president, so if you could, I would at least try to work with them, mabye talk to them and tell them some of the concerns you've stated here. If that makes them mad, oh well, at least you told them how you feel, and I think you owe it to them personally.

If that goes bad, do what I do.

I go out on weekends door to door handing out flyers. 50 a day on saturday and sunday. Honestly, the way I see it, if you had 50 individuals working seperately with a few friends handing out flyers its better than a meetup group of 50 people because you are covering more area and spending less time worring about meetup dates

CasualApathy
09-06-2007, 08:01 PM

Sorry, my bad i guess.

I never intended it to. But i guess that my assertion that a little credit is due has sparked this.

I sincerely apologize.

deedles
09-06-2007, 08:02 PM
My advice as a fellow meetup organizer is this: at your next meetup, YOU set the tone that no matter how different everyones ideas are about ... whatever, Dr. Paul has brought you all together and that is the focus of your meetup. Working together on getting Dr. Paul elected. Period.

I've had a couple guys start arguments over the email about this or that... as soon as I wrote an email asking all the 'arguers' to show up that week for our community action, they all shut up. None of them showed either, by the way :)

Then, you can make some big highway overpass banners out of tyvek and put 'em out there. They'll be so busy hanging on to the banner in the wind, they won't have anytime for 'truthing' or not 'truthing' or anything else, well, besides smiling and waving...

Good luck! Someone said getting Libertarians organized is like herding cats... sometimes I feel the same way about the meetup volunteers lol.

ps (I am a truther and have put it on the back burner for Dr. Paul)

max
09-06-2007, 08:04 PM
there os no "debate" about 9/11.

it was a joint operation of us and israeli government...plain fact

if it offends people in here, i could give a rats ass...

that being said...i dont know of single 9/11 truther foolish enough to promote RP and 9/11 truth simultaneously...

its always the 9/11 truth deniers who insist on stiring up stuff with us...

when u r ready for the truth...go here...

www.911truthvirus.com

LibertyEagle
09-06-2007, 08:06 PM
Max, DAMN IT!

STOP IT! Dr. Paul DOES NOT AGREE WITH YOU! And the last time I checked, this was HIS campaign!

I love your work on this campaign, but please stop this BS.

constituent
09-06-2007, 08:06 PM
Sorry, my bad i guess.

I never intended it to. But i guess that my assertion that a little credit is due has sparked this.

I sincerely apologize.

funny how this happens... casualapathy, feel free to check out seekliberty's new ron paul forum. it is like a ron paul forum without all the brownshirts (http://www.ronpaulfreedomforums.org).

you can talk or not talk about 9/11 all you do or don't want.

CasualApathy
09-06-2007, 08:08 PM

that being said...i dont know of single 9/11 truther foolish enough to promote RP and 9/11 truth simultaneously...

www.911truthvirus.com

Oh god, MAX!

Why do you insist on annoying me? lol

Here is an idea, blink out of existence.
Btw, you never did reply to my posts after i exposed your hypocracy at:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=15582&page=9&highlight=attack+flyer

CasualApathy
09-06-2007, 08:10 PM
funny how this happens... casualapathy, feel free to check out seekliberty's new ron paul forum. it is like a ron paul forum without all the brownshirts (http://www.ronpaulfreedomforums.org).

you can talk or not talk about 9/11 all you do or don't want.

I appriciate the suggestion, but I think im staying ;)

LibertyEagle
09-06-2007, 08:13 PM
Casual Apathy,

Perhaps you have not been around here enough to know that there have been many a fight here when the truthers go around claiming that they are Ron Paul's base. It tends to irritate those of us who have been donating to and following this man LONG before 9-11. How in hell the truthers think this man has gotten elected for 20 years to Congress, is beyond me.

Look guys, there are not enough "truthers" in the country to win this election. PLEASE PUT IT ASIDE FOR THE GOOD OF THE CAMPAIGN and let's focus on Dr. Paul and HIS positions. We do not want to run off or scare off other people from joining this campaign, because of some of OUR personal agendas.

GEEZ!!!!!!!!!!!

This is yet another reason why this forum should not be included on any literature, like the Liberty cards. This is no place for newcomers, or those trying to find out more about Dr. Paul.

JoshLowry
09-06-2007, 08:17 PM

www.911truthvirus.com (http://www.911truthvirus.com)

Do you not understand how your sentences contradict one another?

CasualApathy
09-06-2007, 08:20 PM
Casual Apathy,

Perhaps you have not been around here enough to know that there have been many a fight here when the truthers go around claiming that they are Ron Paul's base. It tends to irritate those of us who have been donating to and following this man LONG before 9-11. How in hell the truthers think this man has gotten elected for 20 years to Congress, is beyond me.

Look guys, there are not enough "truthers" in the country to win this election. PLEASE PUT IT ASIDE FOR THE GOOD OF THE CAMPAIGN and let's focus on Dr. Paul and HIS positions. We do not want to run off or scare off other people from joining this campaign, because of some of OUR personal agendas.

GEEZ!!!!!!!!!!!

This is yet another reason why this forum should not be included on any literature, like the Liberty cards. This is no place for newcomers, or those trying to find out more about Dr. Paul.

Well, I appriciate everything you just said, and I agree. That's the point, I'm with you on this.

I didn't appriciate the attack on my person for something I had not said. Thats all.

The point I was making was simply, that the truthers who have a big online following, actually gave Ron's campaign a good push in the beginning, and they are still working for him. That doesn't offend me, but maybe thats just me?

I do not hold any anger for people because of the opinions they might have, if they work for Ron Paul, they are OK in my book.

Finally, I did not intend my posts to be a continuation of an argument you have had with truthers in the past. I think i simply stated a fact, in the interest of fairness. I never claimed that truthers are Ron Pauls base.

LibertyEagle
09-06-2007, 08:22 PM
Look, I welcome the Truthers, I am just wishing we could stick to focusing on RON PAUL'S CAMPAIGN and not running off anyone who might have come here after the damn debate to find out more about him!!

Jesus people. Is this ROMPER ROOM?

John of Des Moines
09-06-2007, 08:24 PM
My first visits to political campaigns before Ron Paul was to distribute A:FTF, Terrorstorm and 911 Mysteries. Yes, I believe in 911 truth but first things first. There is no way there will any further investigation in the events of 911 unless RP is elected. (Please explain where the 2 six ton engines went (were) at the Pentagon, how a 47 steel and conctete building fell at the speed of gravity suffering from only minor fires, how those cell phone calls were made on the jets at 32,000 feet, why thermite and thermate were found in the dust and steel beams from the towers, etc., etc.) So I don't distribute 911 videos no more.

r3volution
09-06-2007, 08:27 PM
considering Ron Paul is GOD here lets just ask him and put this to bed ,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v60TWZNVgtk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbXQ_PnUbq8

nuff said ...

CasualApathy
09-06-2007, 08:29 PM
Look, I welcome the Truthers, I am just wishing we could stick to focusing on RON PAUL'S CAMPAIGN and not running off anyone who might have come here after the damn debate to find out more about him!!

Jesus people. Is this ROMPER ROOM?

Well, I think we can all relax now and smoke the peace pipe.

max
09-06-2007, 08:30 PM
Do you not understand how your sentences contradict one another?

no contradiction at all.....

I only respond in kind whenever someone either

A: Tries to marginalize us out because "we make RP look bad"

or B: makes it a point to ridicule or doubt that which they have not even bothered to research for themselves

I willing to tolerate people's denial.....but i get my feathers ruffled when truth deniers ridicule us

CasualApathy
09-06-2007, 08:30 PM
My first visits to political campaigns before Ron Paul was to distribute A:FTF, Terrorstorm and 911 Mysteries. Yes, I believe in 911 truth but first things first. There is no way there will any further investigation in the events of 911 unless RP is elected. (Please explain where the 2 six ton engines went (were) at the Pentagon, how a 47 steel and conctete building fell at the speed of gravity suffering from only minor fires, how those cell phone calls were made on the jets at 32,000 feet, why thermite and thermate were found in the dust and steel beams from the towers, etc., etc.) So I don't distribute 911 videos no more.

Oh no, please...

I had just put out the fire! :D

CasualApathy
09-06-2007, 08:31 PM
no contradiction at all.....

I only respond in kind whenever someone either

A: Tries to marginalize us out because "we make RP look bad"

or B: makes it a point to ridicule or doubt that which they have not even bothered to research for themselves

I willing to tolerate people's denial.....but i get my feathers ruffled when truth deniers ridicule us

Oh god, you are still here. *sighs*

Revolution9
09-06-2007, 08:57 PM
Oh god, you are still here. *sighs*

Yeah..me too.. Count the posts between me and max and then consider what you just wrote and be thankful it will be let past. Behave yourself or we just may misbehave to make a serious point.

Randy

Revolution9
09-06-2007, 08:58 PM

The clown who started this thread did it. I ain't so sure he is what he claims.

Randy

Revolution9
09-06-2007, 09:00 PM
Oh god, MAX!

Why do you insist on annoying me? lol

Here is an idea, blink out of existence.
Btw, you never did reply to my posts after i exposed your hypocracy at:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=15582&page=9&highlight=attack+flyer

Ahh.. Yer one of those kind.. Amusing.

Randy

CasualApathy
09-06-2007, 09:16 PM
Yeah..me too.. Count the posts between me and max and then consider what you just wrote and be thankful it will be let past. Behave yourself or we just may misbehave to make a serious point.

Randy

Well, I do not like Max, I make no secret of that.

Probably i should, but hey... Nobody is perfect.

dwdollar
09-06-2007, 09:18 PM
This bickering is pointless. We all have a common goal. If Ron is elected, the truth will come out, no matter what that truth might be. If he doesnt get elected, well then...then we can fight it out in a blaze of glory.

CasualApathy
09-06-2007, 09:19 PM
Besides, I do not see how the amount of posts is relevant. The quality of them is.
But enough of this. Let's get back to stuff that matters.

DjLoTi
09-06-2007, 09:19 PM
Hey, one of my meetup groups had a bunch of 9/11 people in it as well. I also didn't like it. I understand with the OP is saying. What's so wrong about that?

Stop isolating people just because they don't like their meetup groups. If it was a bunch of KKK members, you guys still think he's lame? 9/11 truthers arn't the KKK, but they do have POVs that maybe other people don't want to be involved in.

Please, just ignore me. I don't want to argue. And I probalby won't be trolling this thread too much.

American
09-06-2007, 09:21 PM
Hey, one of my meetup groups had a bunch of 9/11 people in it as well. I also didn't like it. I understand with the OP is saying. What's so wrong about that?

Stop isolating people just because they don't like their meetup groups. If it was a bunch of KKK members, you guys still think he's lame? 9/11 truthers arn't the KKK, but they do have POVs that maybe other people don't want to be involved in.

Please, just ignore me. I don't want to argue. And I probalby won't be trolling this thread too much.

I dont have a problem with the 9/11 truthers as long as the RON PAUL meetup groups main focus is on getting Ron Paul elected!!

CasualApathy
09-06-2007, 09:24 PM
Ahh.. Yer one of those kind.. Amusing.

Randy

What? I defend transvestites because I believe in liberty, so I must be one?

Now THAT is amusing :p

DjLoTi
09-06-2007, 09:25 PM
Yeah, for sure. I agree.

I didn't mean the PEOPLE in the meetup group. I meant the PURPOSE. In my meetup group, they started talking about 9/11 and how it's a lie, they spend like over an hour just talking about it. It felt uncomfortable. I should have clarified, but that's what I meant.

American
09-06-2007, 09:26 PM
What? I defend transvestites, because I believe in liberty, so I must be one?

Now THAT is amusing :p

means nothing without pics......:eek:

CasualApathy
09-06-2007, 09:29 PM
means nothing without pics......:eek:

What doesn't?

Revolution9
09-06-2007, 11:09 PM

Take a look at the first post. Let me show you what was offensive..

from this jerk

"I want to help the campaign. I believe in Ron Paul's message."

OK..He has ya believing he is an RP guy here so you ignore the rest of his blatant insults..which are as follows

" However, my meetup group is full of 9/11 truthers, jean shorts, racist, and basically a motley crew of trash that has no understanding of libertarian values. "

There ya go..he just called the people at his meetup..every last one of them trash..This guy ain't an RP supporter. We do not talk about people and judge them like this. That is a Hannity type clown.. He threw in libertarian as a buzzword so he could bracket hs insult..Wake up!! Hypnotized by buzzwords. He then goes on to portray himself as a nic e guy who just cannot be around such objectionable human Americans...

They are nice people at the core, but I don't believe most of their efforts are good for the campaign. Further...and this may sound snotty, but it's the truth, how much time do you really want to spend with people you find personally objectionable?"

Now DJloti.. You were gonna chastise me for taking this guy to task for his insulting and condescending manner? Guess what.. He deserved to get smacked. How effing rude of him to talk about folks behind their backs like that.

He was lying.

Randy

DjLoTi
09-06-2007, 11:11 PM
Ok, I don't think he really meant it like that =/

Just like I didn't mean it on my first post/testimony.

Revolution9
09-06-2007, 11:19 PM
Ok, I don't think he really meant it like that =/

Just like I didn't mean it on my first post/testimony.

Just how did he "mean it" then. I do not see any other interpretation. Enlighten me. I am a good student. One way or another I hope he learned manners and gets the idea he cannot just go shooting his virtual piehole off with impunity. Trash indeed.. And that was his comeback to me.. I will bet he is just a neocon trolling with a caricature of RP supporters in his head and he is gonna have fun with a few shots and look cooperative..like some here do on hannity's or Townhall's forums. That is my interpreatation of his 10% bright and shiny and 90% dirty underhanded insult post.

Best Regards
Randy

LibertyEagle
09-06-2007, 11:30 PM
Rev,

Please. We might have all kinds of people coming to this forum. Many are mainstream Americans, who aren't used to all this stuff. Do we want to run them off?

Again, that's why I so much wish this forum wasn't listed on any of the literature we're handing out, like the Liberty Cards. This site isn't good at all for newbies to Ron Paul, or people looking to just find out more about him.

Revolution9
09-06-2007, 11:50 PM
Rev,

Please. We might have all kinds of people coming to this forum. Many are mainstream Americans, who aren't used to all this stuff. Do we want to run them off?

Again, that's why I so much wish this forum wasn't listed on any of the literature we're handing out, like the Liberty Cards. This site isn't good at all for newbies to Ron Paul, or people looking to just find out more about him.

He was not an RP supporter. He was rude. I do not run noobs off. There are a few longer term posters who bother my sensibilities but that just may be that I happen to open only those posts which seems skewed to me. Come on.. He was calling people trash and personally objectionable. He did not have to say 911 to piss me off and that was not the trigger. many people in ths campaign do not have alot of cash. So some people show up at his meetup in cutoffs instead of an Armani suit.. If he actually was ever at one.. And they are converted to trash and racists and personally objectionable people he could never stand to be around.. Nice open mind there.. What a jerk...

Excuse me but why do I seem to be pissed about this and everyone else gives this guy a free ride to insult and trash talk RP folks on HIS VERY FIRST POST.. That shows he has a severe lack of personal manners or he is a troll playing on the archetype that all RP supporters are hippied out 911 spewing, racist trailer park trash in disgusting bums clothing.

best Regards
Randy

blazin_it_alwyz
09-07-2007, 04:40 AM
He was not an RP supporter. He was rude. I do not run noobs off. There are a few longer term posters who bother my sensibilities but that just may be that I happen to open only those posts which seems skewed to me. Come on.. He was calling people trash and personally objectionable. He did not have to say 911 to piss me off and that was not the trigger. many people in ths campaign do not have alot of cash. So some people show up at his meetup in cutoffs instead of an Armani suit.. If he actually was ever at one.. And they are converted to trash and racists and personally objectionable people he could never stand to be around.. Nice open mind there.. What a jerk...

Excuse me but why do I seem to be pissed about this and everyone else gives this guy a free ride to insult and trash talk RP folks on HIS VERY FIRST POST.. That shows he has a severe lack of personal manners or he is a troll playing on the archetype that all RP supporters are hippied out 911 spewing, racist trailer park trash in disgusting bums clothing.

best Regards
Randy

With responses like that, I can't openly invite newbies to this forum, for my fear of them being jumped on.

Rev, 2 wrongs don't make a right. I don't think we can make it any clearer for you.

happyphilter
09-07-2007, 04:45 AM
Not everyone can be productive in a group... In response to the TC, I agree, some people really just, I can't work with, especially those who voice their own opinion and have their own agenda for supporting ron paul. I DO NOT want to hear about the "cover up" of 9/11 when I'm trying to get this guy elected. Unfortunately some people don't understand keeping the campaign and their own agendas separate.

tmg19103
09-07-2007, 05:46 AM
My experience in Philly with MeetUps is that everybody is reasonable and for Ron Paul - and we are talking a big city with a diverse cross section of people.

Some may be Truthers, some may have other agendas, but my personal experience is that this is pretty much put on the back burner and everybody joins together in grassroots efforts to spread the word of the good doctor and help gain name recognition for him.

Some might say my background might make me a Romney supporter. No way! And I hope people don't judge me as any more than someone who truly believes this country is going down the tubes and that RP has the message and ability to at least restore integrity and the rule of law to the White House, and hopefully have great impact on congress and the courts.

I have no comment on the veracity or motives of the original poster on this thread. The post says what it says, and while it could have been worded better, we have seen these types of "complaints" about MeetUps on this forum before.

We all just need to look at the big picture - which is getting RP elected, and put our egos and personal agendas aside in MeetUps so we can work for the common good. Nobody is going to be on the exact same page and be able to relate to everybody in a MeetUp just because we all support Rob Paul. Keep an open mind with a focus on getting Ron Paul elected as opposed to a focus on personal agendas. I think keeping an open mind WHILE having respect for the opinions of others WHILE keeping the focus on getting RP elected as opposed to personal agendas is the key.

Ron Paul MeetUps are about spreading Ron Paul's message and getting RP elected. If you have an agenda outside of that, there is nothing wrong with that, but I would suggest starting your own MeetUp for that cause.

Let's all get along and work for freedom, peace and prosperity by making sure we get Ron Paul elected. The momentum is really building and I sense great things for this campaign - both the grassroots and the national campaign. Let's stay focused on the true goal!

Revolution9
09-07-2007, 06:10 AM
Not everyone can be productive in a group... In response to the TC, I agree, some people really just, I can't work with, especially those who voice their own opinion and have their own agenda for supporting ron paul. I DO NOT want to hear about the "cover up" of 9/11 when I'm trying to get this guy elected. Unfortunately some people don't understand keeping the campaign and their own agendas separate.

It was not aboput 911.. Christ you folks are either stupid or blind. Let me expalin one more time. In my world you do not go around calling fellow supporters trash based on appearance. How fucking shallow..and you people ar defending this.. You suck..basically.. No morals. 911 s your mantra..not mine. Yer the neocons to my Paul on ths issue. I seem to stand alone but i am dead flat correct in my observation and actioning.

Now parade soe more paranoia about how big bogey men will scare the lights out of easily scared noobs..

Randy

happyphilter
09-07-2007, 06:13 AM
It was not aboput 911.. Christ you folks are either stupid or blind. Let me expalin one more time. In my world you do not go around calling fellow supporters trash based on appearance. How fucking shallow..and you people ar defending this.. You suck..basically.. No morals. 911 s your mantra..not mine. Yer the neocons to my Paul on ths issue. I seem to stand alone but i am dead flat correct in my observation and actioning.

Now parade soe more paranoia about how big bogey men will scare the lights out of easily scared noobs..

Randy

Way to go, calling people names makes you right and makes people want to believe and listen to you. keep it up.

/sarcasm

The cheese stands alone

DjLoTi
09-07-2007, 06:14 AM
we should just lock this topic. It'd been beaten to beyond death.

Revolution9
09-07-2007, 06:21 AM
We all just need to look at the big picture - which is getting RP elected, and put our egos and personal agendas aside !

Yeah..and the priginal poster had a personal agenda. he wanted conformity and people to dress like him. Sounds to me he wanted to change peoples appearance to suit ~his~ fancy. Seems to me he doesn't understand libertarian principles..just like he accused his entire meetup group of..

I also find it disengenuous that you are seeking to coddle this clown yet throw all of his meetup group under the bus based on his inverifiable account. You suck.. Stay away from my meetup thank you.

Ya know.. If ths was a hot revolution you guys would be doing kitchen duty. You would be untrustworthy in the field.. Much too gullble and unobservative and politically correct... without too much thought..kinda lke the Amerian electorate to a degree.

And stop the 911 blither.. t s not what this is about and your appeals to it are fallacious. This is about trashing people in meetups and trolling using bad archetypes of RP local supporters.

Best Regards
Randy

Revolution9
09-07-2007, 06:24 AM
Way to go, calling people names makes you right and makes people want to believe and listen to you. keep it up.

/sarcasm

The cheese stands alone

I ain't a neocon suck up. I got a spine and I call them like i see them. I am 100% correct. I care not in ths case who wants to play ignorant of the original posters nasty words. You paint yourself not me with that brush.

Randy

DjLoTi
09-07-2007, 06:25 AM
These types of threads are wayy too frequent.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-07-2007, 06:26 AM
I'd say.. we may not agree with everything, but we agree that Ron Paul should be president, so we should work together and stop debating each other on the issues lol!

Revolution9
09-07-2007, 06:29 AM
These types of threads are wayy too frequent.

Folks lke to pile on and make it about 911. I wasn't makng an issue of 911. I don't care about it in this regards. I care about suits thinkng they are all that and a bucket f cash and that makes them better than someone not in a suit wihout a bank account.

Funny I do not recall my church, my parents or my teachers teaching me money and a suit makes you stand above the "peasant trailer trash". I do see the TV trying t tell me ths s a truism. Where do you get your marching orders from?

Randy

happyphilter
09-07-2007, 06:30 AM
I ain't a neocon suck up. I got a spine and I call them like i see them. I am 100% correct. I care not in ths case who wants to play ignorant of the original posters nasty words. You paint yourself not me with that brush.

Randy

I'm pretty sure none of us here are neocon suck ups... But thats no reason to attack someone for their opinions. If you have an opinion, fine, share it, but calling names is the lowest level of argument there is. And lose that attitude while you are at it.

Revolution9
09-07-2007, 06:35 AM
I'd say.. we may not agree with everything, but we agree that Ron Paul should be president, so we should work together and stop debating each other on the issues lol!

The majorty of this thread is me defending against a pile on based on my original exchange with the troll, whilst not acknowledging the original trolls nasty insults of RP supporters who have established their support. I don't believe his crap about the meetup being what he said. He is a Hannity clown or similar due to the unerring archetype he painted of the RP "losers". You know..the pot smoking drug doing, low level job holding, hippie dressed, 911 spewing, degenrate racist trailer trash.

But the pilers will not acknowledge that because it blows their BS out of the water.

Randy

micahnelson
09-07-2007, 06:39 AM
We need people from all different backgrounds because voters come from all different backgrounds. We have many differences here, political, social, financial, religious...

One needs look no further than the Continental Army that blockaded Boston to understand that disparate groups are exceedingly difficult to hold together. Thankfully, we don't all have to fall in ranks together- we just have to remember the common goal and try not to get in each others way.

Its interesting reading George Washington's perspective on the New Englanders assembled as patriots. He was very judgmental of their dress and mannerisms. He freely admitted to his friends he did not care for them in the least. He did, however, find a way to work with them. Some of the soldiers did not like Washington's "pretentiousness". The brutal nature of the battles in 1776, minor victories, and the writings of Thomas Paine kept them unified enough to get through the darkest moments of 1776.

Taking their example, lets focus on what we have accomplished, realize we are all in this together, and take some time to read some of the positive news out there regarding Ron Paul.

Oh and if you don't like your meet up just start your own, probably some people agree with you =)

JosephTheLibertarian
09-07-2007, 06:42 AM
The majorty of this thread is me defending against a pile on based on my original exchange with the troll, whilst not acknowledging the original trolls nasty insults of RP supporters who have established their support. I don't believe his crap about the meetup being what he said. He is a Hannity clown or similar due to the unerring archetype he painted of the RP "losers". You know..the pot smoking drug doing, low level job holding, hippie dressed, 911 spewing, degenrate racist trailer trash.

But the pilers will not acknowledge that because it blows their BS out of the water.

Randy

ohh, he's a troll? Sorry, I didn't read the rest of this thread, I only read the first page before I replied. It makes sense now.

mesler
09-07-2007, 06:43 AM
Welcome!

Start a meetup group that explicitly says you do not want people who will go off-topic. Call it a conservative group, and explicitly say that the focus is for mainstream Americans who want to get RP elected.

mesler
09-07-2007, 06:47 AM

I'm not a truther and I supported RP before he announced.

constituent
09-07-2007, 06:57 AM
The majorty of this thread is me defending against a pile on based on my original exchange with the troll, whilst not acknowledging the original trolls nasty insults of RP supporters who have established their support.

randy-

they got you this time. stole your productive time. pissed you off.
it's hard not to, but don't sweat it. 90% of people here read
the OPs garbage for what it is. in fact, it would suprise
me very much that if after showing their true colors
in such a manner, the OP had the cajones to
show up around here anymore.

i'm taking your side on this. just in a different kinda way.

let it be said that the OP is most likely a total wanking
asshat. paid or otherwise, s/he managed to divide
and conquer a significant portion of some of this
board's most serious posters for time
innumberable... how many hours
did this continue btw?

If Randy should have just let this fly, then please all
the solid thinking, rational Pauliticos just let
what randy said fly. chalk it up to he had
his reasons.

I have no interest in pursuing the meat of this
thread any further, and doing so will only
keep it bumped up top and it can divide
us again some more today.

yesterday was just too good a day for the
forces that be i suppose.

ok...

now...

everyone wins, everyone looses (i'm really sorry for patronizing you guys like this).

tmg19103
09-07-2007, 06:58 AM
If you bothered to read my post, you would see I sought to coddle no person. My thoughts are simple - have respect for others (no matter their beliefs, how they dress, etc.) BUT focus on the getting Ron Paul elected and leave personal issues out of it.

I agree this thread is going nowhere and should be locked.

Yeah..and the priginal poster had a personal agenda. he wanted conformity and people to dress like him. Sounds to me he wanted to change peoples appearance to suit ~his~ fancy. Seems to me he doesn't understand libertarian principles..just like he accused his entire meetup group of..

I also find it disengenuous that you are seeking to coddle this clown yet throw all of his meetup group under the bus based on his inverifiable account. You suck.. Stay away from my meetup thank you.

Ya know.. If ths was a hot revolution you guys would be doing kitchen duty. You would be untrustworthy in the field.. Much too gullble and unobservative and politically correct... without too much thought..kinda lke the Amerian electorate to a degree.

And stop the 911 blither.. t s not what this is about and your appeals to it are fallacious. This is about trashing people in meetups and trolling using bad archetypes of RP local supporters.

Best Regards
Randy

DjLoTi
09-07-2007, 06:59 AM
Yeah, I'm sure the OP will never come back again

mesler
09-07-2007, 07:00 AM

snip

Best Regards
Randy

There is the problem in your logic. You think anyone who accepts RP and wants to help him has to be a libertarian or understand libertarian principles. If you are waiting for everyone who likes his message to come out and accept libertarian principles immediately, well, you're going to be sorely disappointed. This campaign isn't about convincing everyone to be a libertarian. It's about getting mainstream Americans to see the value in a RP presidency. I happen to believe that just by his running many more libertarians will be created, but that is not the point of this campaign.

We will have non-libertarians joining us, or we will not win. Consider former Buchanan voters, these people are not libertarians.

LibertyEagle
09-07-2007, 07:25 AM

best Regards
Randy

Well, I agree that he shouldn't have done that, Rev. But before insulting him, couldn't we nicely explain to him much what you just said above. But, nicely.. ie. without the jerk part. Some people that might happen onto this forum might have come from a rather straight-laced family, where your dress was very important. Heck, that is probably true for most of us of a certain age. But, over time, we realized that clothes didn't have one thing to do with the quality of the person. Clean clothes... maybe. :) But, not the type. People are going to be willing to listen to us more, if we aren't slamming them. I'm quite sure some of the things they will hear here, they will never have even considered in their whole life. C'mon, you know that. They need time to think about it. But, they do not have to agree with some, or any of us, to be a welcomed Ron Paul supporter or voter.

We do not own the man, Ron Paul. And we'd better stop running off potential voters, thinking we need to make them into us before they are worthy. All we're going to do is run off any chance Ron Paul has of winning. Yes, I took issue with some of what this OP posted, but what ensued was not good at all. He's gone and is probably questioning himself if he chose his candidate wisely, if his supporters are this vicious and unaccepting. Yes, he is not the only one who was judgmental. We were too. Of him.

We're going to have all kinds dropping by here in the coming months. Many, won't be Libertarians and some we might not even like. But, just like a lot of us on this board who don't agree on a variety of things, we can come together on at least one thing... the desire to get Ron Paul elected. Please, let's not run people off and people PLEASE everyone, take off the references to this forum from campaign materials. It is not a place for newbies, or those wanting to find out more about Dr. Paul.

Ridiculous
09-07-2007, 07:29 AM
Is there a nearby area you could start your own meetup for? Like the next town over? Could you start up a West [insert your town here] meetup? or east, north, whatever?

abstrusezincate
09-07-2007, 07:50 AM
The hardest thing we do is hold this coalition together. Since Ron is so apt to quote the founders, I think Ben Franklin has the right quote for the moment.

We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately.

Please realize you won't like everyone you work with on this campaign, and there will be many things you disagree about. Just focus on promoting Ron Paul, about why you are supporting him, and bringing others into the fold. It takes a certain level of maturity, but that is what is required to make these things happen.

Plus, consider if attacking the people who seem to agree with you about the necessity to win this campaign is the best use of your time. If you can't work with others, work alone, but we cannot afford discord.

There are legitimate reasons to disagree about things about how best to promote this campaign and those are good, constructive conversations. But, getting into ideological spats and personality squabbles are a waste of time. As someone who has spent many hours sorting them out, I guarantee you they accomplish nothing and it takes away from more productive uses of our time.

Revolution9
09-07-2007, 08:24 AM
The hardest thing we do is hold this coalition together. Since Ron is so apt to quote the founders, I think Ben Franklin has the right quote for the moment.

Please realize you won't like everyone you work with on this campaign, and there will be many things you disagree about. Just focus on promoting Ron Paul, about why you are supporting him, and bringing others into the fold. It takes a certain level of maturity, but that is what is required to make these things happen.

Plus, consider if attacking the people who seem to agree with you about the necessity to win this campaign is the best use of your time. If you can't work with others, work alone, but we cannot afford discord.

There are legitimate reasons to disagree about things about how best to promote this campaign and those are good, constructive conversations. But, getting into ideological spats and personality squabbles are a waste of time. As someone who has spent many hours sorting them out, I guarantee you they accomplish nothing and it takes away from more productive uses of our time.

I agree totally with you. That may seem strange to some who have mis-parsed my intent in ths thread. An analysis of the original poster(troll?) shows he had none of the qualities you stated above. He was divisive and got nailed for his overt prejudices whilst attempting to cast negative aspersions at meetup group folks. I stick with those who have proven their worth and showing up at a meetup means they are active. I have a hard time swallowing the everyone was for the whole meeting spewing 911 and they are all trailertrash cutoff wearing racists and the bottom of the barrel Americana. That ceratinly has not been my experience and I do not judge people by the clothes they wear. If they are good folk they have my blessing and I will do what i can for them when asked.

I regularly get five to fifteen new folks a day depending on how often I get away from the computer station..where I work.. That makes well over 200 folks I have flipped in the last two months and am putting on a Rockfest for RP and hoping to get a national/international act to headline. I could go on and on about brochures, posters, printing, rallies, becoming a "living legend" as i was told by folks who said the sate libertarian meeting yakked about me for a half hour according to a lady at the last rally. So come on down and try to hit me some more kiddies. I nailed one idiot casting negative shit at meetup people who may have pulled a dozen people between now and primaries if he actually was an RP supporter..after all..look at his elitist BS attitude.. I can do what he could do in a few months in one day. And do it every day.

Best Regards
randy

DjLoTi
09-07-2007, 08:26 AM
Randy,

You're awesome man. That's for sure. But thread arguments arn't so cool sometimes. I didn't read this post very often, because I knew what it was about. And it kept popping. and popping. We just gotta let it go sometimes, ya know? Let it be buried in the history of RPF...

Revolution9
09-07-2007, 08:32 AM
Randy,

You're awesome man. That's for sure. But thread arguments arn't so cool sometimes. I didn't read this post very often, because I knew what it was about. And it kept popping. and popping. We just gotta let it go sometimes, ya know? Let it be buried in the history of RPF...

Hey pal.. I am only defending against continued swipes except the gentleman above wherein I attempted to explain my stance and post requisites for those who want to wieigh plusses and minusses. Perhaps a proper perusal of the thread instead of flnging bricks at me would have set the record straight early.

The thread is also a notice to others who may wish to be judgemental based on outward appearance. it is not to be tolerated. You will get called out, even and especially when couched in a passive aggressive manner.

Best Regards and Respect
Randy

leipo
09-07-2007, 08:51 AM

www.911truthvirus.com

OMG, are you serious. You do it all the time!

LibertyEagle
09-07-2007, 08:58 AM
"if it offends people in here, i could give a rats ass..."

I sincerely hope you are not saying that if someone does not agree with your take on 9-11 that they are not welcome on this board, or in the Ron Paul campaign. Because, that is what it sounds like.

leipo
09-07-2007, 08:59 AM
The thread is also a notice to others who may wish to be judgemental based on outward appearance. it is not to be tolerated. You will get called out, even and especially when couched in a passive aggressive manner.

Why is it not tolerated? Why cant people be judgemental without hurting someone's feelings like the original poster did.
What i think should not be tolerated is INSULTING posts like yours.

constituent
09-07-2007, 09:02 AM
^flame war

more agitation, more instigation.

ARealConservative
09-07-2007, 09:02 AM
I like jean shorts. :D

leipo
09-07-2007, 09:12 AM
^flame war

more agitation, more instigation.

Are you referring to my post?
I asked a simple & logical question. Not trying to instigate anything.

constituent
09-07-2007, 09:15 AM
this issue has been resolved. what you are doing is bumping this whole drama and ensuring its continued(divise nature) festering for yet another day.

bold move for a new kid in town. let this thread die. move your personal $h|+ to private messages.

LibertyEagle
09-07-2007, 09:16 AM
Are you referring to my post?
I asked a simple & logical question. Not trying to instigate anything.

You're fine.

leipo
09-07-2007, 09:19 AM
this issue has been resolved. what you are doing is bumping this whole drama and ensuring its continued(divise nature) festering for yet another day.

bold move for a new kid in town. let this thread die. move your personal $h|+ to private messages.

When it's the 3rd thread from top it isn't considered bumping.
Personal? how is this personal. I just wondered why the first poster got attacked when he asked a legitimate question. Please read before you post.

mconder
09-07-2007, 09:26 AM
and basically a motley crew of trash

I have identified myself with the general "patriot" movement since about 1991 and I have found that most freedom lovers are not your typical yuppie suburbanites. Freedom people generally drive junky cars and appear down and out. They have a great spirit about them, but you got to get used to the fact that there are a bunch of outcasts and crazies involved in freedom. Sometimes it takes being rejected from the mainstream to realize that there is something wrong, and this is were our strength comes from in a lot of ways. I have an income and lifestyle that is higher than average and much higher then the average freedom person, so I dealt with some of what you are dealing with now, but I have learned to love the diversity of our people...the atheists, the jews, the truthers, the christians, the mormons, the militia, the anti-tax crowd, the gunnies...I love them ALL!!! You people are great!