PDA

View Full Version : What I Discovered from Watching Disney's WALL-E

RonPaulMania
10-18-2008, 01:34 PM
Just saw Wall-E tonight, and while a lot of the movie is anti-capitalist propoganda, it has an interesting view of humanity. Basically the world is destroyed by garbage and all the typical baloney. Humanity has to go into a ship and live in space. Humanity is serviced by technology and we are all extremely fat with no muscle. I'll stop with the story line and get to my point...

Do we think this is any different than today? Why would anyone want a free-market when the real goal right now is to enslave people with how to think and feel with free money and goods. Eventually, in most people who love entitlements, there will be machines to do everything anyway. Most people don't want to break away from the machine because the machine is easy to live in.

People would prefer to be fat and let things be done for them. I believe in Original Sin as a Christian, which is apparent through experience, that we are inclined to laziness. What is the end-game really? Do they really think the overtly fat-world of technology and entitlements will exist without true capital? People are inspired more by the fear of security and money, than the good of having freedom. If Motherment is the future how can they think the world will exist?

I just can't figure out how liberals think this world will exist long-term, and how its sustainable to reward laziness.

Joseph Hart
10-18-2008, 02:01 PM
I predict that eventually this is going to happen.(unless we can stop it) The world will be nuked after the "desirable" are rescued to space in a craft that will eventually return.

constitutional
10-18-2008, 02:19 PM
Just saw Wall-E tonight, and while a lot of the movie is anti-capitalist propoganda, it has an interesting view of humanity. Basically the world is destroyed by garbage and all the typical baloney. Humanity has to go into a ship and live in space. Humanity is serviced by technology and we are all extremely fat with no muscle. I'll stop with the story line and get to my point...

Do we think this is any different than today? Why would anyone want a free-market when the real goal right now is to enslave people with how to think and feel with free money and goods. Eventually, in most people who love entitlements, there will be machines to do everything anyway. Most people don't want to break away from the machine because the machine is easy to live in.

People would prefer to be fat and let things be done for them. I believe in Original Sin as a Christian, which is apparent through experience, that we are inclined to laziness. What is the end-game really? Do they really think the overtly fat-world of technology and entitlements will exist without true capital? People are inspired more by the fear of security and money, than the good of having freedom. If Motherment is the future how can they think the world will exist?

I just can't figure out how liberals think this world will exist long-term, and how its sustainable to reward laziness.

You might enjoy this thread: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=145805