PDA

View Full Version : August 9, 1787 : "John McCain could be a U.S. Senator, but not U.S. President"

JohnJay
10-18-2008, 08:36 AM
At the Constitutional Convention in Philadelphia on August 9th, one of Pennsylvania's own delegates,
Scotland-born James Wilson was persuasive in the debate that the native born requirement of the nation executive
should NOT also be required for the United States' legislative branch.

In effect, the framers of the Constitution said right there and then that the Panama-born John McCain could be a Senator, but never President.

Madison at Iowa City today . . .
have a fun college football weekend everybuddy.

eredeath
10-18-2008, 10:37 AM
char

RSLudlum
10-18-2008, 10:40 AM
This is "funny"... If you haven't heard Obama is being challenged on where he was born, in fact it is being taken up in court (www.obamacrimes.com). So, both of the 2 major parties are running candidates that potentially were not born on American soil, making them unconstitutionally fit to be raised to the position of president.

So my question is, what happens when Obama or McCain is president and it is shown that he is not a Native American?... I my bet is that it will be swept under the rug.

now wonder neither is talking about 'illegal immigration' :p

AJ Antimony
10-18-2008, 11:27 AM
This is "funny"... If you haven't heard Obama is being challenged on where he was born, in fact it is being taken up in court (www.obamacrimes.com). So, both of the 2 major parties are running candidates that potentially were not born on American soil, making them unconstitutionally fit to be raised to the position of president.

So my question is, what happens when Obama or McCain is president and it is shown that he is not a Native American?... I my bet is that it will be swept under the rug.

See, the Constitution just doesn't apply anymore. It's an ancient document meant for farmers. It's a symbol of the dark ages. You just don't get it.

(this is sarcasm if you couldn't tell)

RSLudlum
10-18-2008, 11:38 AM
See, the Constitution just doesn't apply anymore. It's an ancient document meant for farmers. It's a symbol of the dark ages. You just don't get it.

(this is sarcasm if you couldn't tell)

LOL, if this was posted on many other forums I might not catch the sarcasm ;)

JohnJay
10-18-2008, 04:20 PM
This is "funny"...

Not really funny at all -
Obama was born at Kapiolani Woman's and Children Hospital in Honolulu two years after Hawai'i became a state -
McCain was born in what is known as Colon Beach, Panama - the hospital was moved in 1957.